Should AntiFa be labelled a terrorist organization?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:08:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should AntiFa be labelled a terrorist organization?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 90

Author Topic: Should AntiFa be labelled a terrorist organization?  (Read 1932 times)
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2017, 07:33:06 PM »

I was browsing another forum, that is very alt right and full of deplorables. This was a very popular option, of course they didn't seem to be too much in a hurry to label the KKK or Neo Nazis a terrorist organization. According to the alt right, if the right is violent, its just economic anxiety or healthy venting. If the left is violent they are a bunch of commie and/or n----- thugs acting out.

My answer is certainly not.

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 07:39:01 PM »

Not right now. But we'll see how they continue.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 07:57:30 PM »

Antifa is not an organization. It's a movement mostly made of dumb high school and college kids who want to "kill Nazis" without thinking of the consequences. Opposing fascism is good. Inciting riots and attacking whoever disagrees with you while calling them a Nazi is not, but since they aren't really organized, you have to just treat them as you would any other violent criminal.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 09:08:22 PM »

Antifa is not an organization. It's a movement mostly made of dumb high school and college kids who want to "kill Nazis" without thinking of the consequences. Opposing fascism is good. Inciting riots and attacking whoever disagrees with you while calling them a Nazi is not, but since they aren't really organized, you have to just treat them as you would any other violent criminal.
^^^^
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »

They terrorize
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 07:17:47 AM »

Nope.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 08:04:06 AM »

I really hope this is a joke
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 08:40:02 AM »

Only if all the white nationalist groups are equally labeled terrorist organizations. Wouldn't be that bad though, get all the extremists for both sides in jail for long, long sentences.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 09:50:08 AM »

Hmm let's see here

-Protesting nazis/white supremacy
          -Occasionally punching folks who mingle in those ideologies (boohoo)
-Wanting to remove large participation trophies for secessionist traitors who believed it was God's will to make black people property
-Opposing the rise of actual fascism
-Opposing racism and anti-semitism in general
-Largely non-violent

doesn't sound like a terrorist organization to me
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 11:31:04 AM »

People that do violence (unprovoked by someone else's violence, obviously) should go to prison.  People that do violence multiple times should stay there.  I don't care if they name it a terrorist organization or not.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 11:34:32 AM »

^^^^
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 12:08:46 PM »

I mean, they're not one big organization, so I don't know how you'd label them a terrorist organization. They're a collection of different small groups who don't always work together or like each other.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 01:40:09 PM »

Yes, we should feed and encourage every mental boogeyman the right puts in their own heads my consuming too much alarmist reactionary media.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 02:02:21 PM »

They should be commended as heroes.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 04:35:30 PM »

Not a "terrorist organization" (whatever that actually means, I'd have to look up to answer this in any eloquent way), not "heroes" either, LOL.  This seems to be largely "unproven," but if any AntiFa groups or leaders were behind this, then this is quite literally terrorism:

"Later, two Antifa groups threatened to disrupt the 2017 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade after hearing that the Multnomah County Republican Party would participate. The parade organizers received an anonymous email, saying, 'You have seen how much power we have downtown and that the police cannot stop us from shutting down roads so please consider your decision wisely.'  The email also said that 200 people would 'rush into the parade' and 'drag and push' those marching with the Republican Party. The two groups denied having anything to do with the email. The parade ended up being canceled by the organizers due to safety concerns."

A county Republican Party having its law-abiding citizens scared into not marching by those who disagree with them?  Pretty pathetic, if true, and literally political terrorism.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 05:16:01 PM »

Not a "terrorist organization" (whatever that actually means, I'd have to look up to answer this in any eloquent way), not "heroes" either, LOL.  This seems to be largely "unproven," but if any AntiFa groups or leaders were behind this, then this is quite literally terrorism:

"Later, two Antifa groups threatened to disrupt the 2017 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade after hearing that the Multnomah County Republican Party would participate. The parade organizers received an anonymous email, saying, 'You have seen how much power we have downtown and that the police cannot stop us from shutting down roads so please consider your decision wisely.'  The email also said that 200 people would 'rush into the parade' and 'drag and push' those marching with the Republican Party. The two groups denied having anything to do with the email. The parade ended up being canceled by the organizers due to safety concerns."

A county Republican Party having its law-abiding citizens scared into not marching by those who disagree with them?  Pretty pathetic, if true, and literally political terrorism.

The Antifa in the Bay Area are very much like that. They're a menace that needs to be held tightly in check, and the police have a responsibility to keep the peace regardless of whether these people are terrorists or not. Sadly, the actual track record on the thin blue line holding is spotty, and that lack of a consistent track record undermines the trust that law-abiding citizens must have in the system. If a protest ends in a street fight once, you have to fear that it will happen again.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 05:37:16 PM »

If you had a spine, would you join them?
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 05:38:28 PM »

If you had a spine, would you join them?
Of course.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 07:11:01 PM »

You're cool with killing children because they're Jewish. You don't belong there.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 08:41:50 PM »

You're cool with killing children because they're Jewish. You don't belong there.
Don't tell me what I'm cool with and what I'm not cool with.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 08:43:36 PM »

Only if all the white nationalist groups are equally labeled terrorist organizations. Wouldn't be that bad though, get all the extremists for both sides in jail for long, long sentences.

Yea I might be willing to get behind some form of moderate hero grand compromise, where both left wing and right wing extremist groups be banned at the same time. But under the Orange Clown, I could see him appointing Joe Arpaio to head a 'bipartisan' commission on extremism. That commission would then lead the Orange Clown to ban AntiFa and Black Lives Matter, but leave the KKK and Neo Nazis legal.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 09:42:14 PM »

Don't tell me what I'm cool with and what I'm not cool with.

Call me old-fashioned, but I always considered deliberately blowing up civilians and using the cold-blooded murder of non-combatants as a political strategy to be terrorism.  Then again, I also have this crazy idea that maybe...juuuuuuust maybe, it's wrong to try to blow up school buses filled with innocent children, so what do I know?
Israel has more blood on its hands. It's unfortunate, but some of those things are necessary to send a message.

Add to that the fact that IIRC you have called yourself a "proud anti-semite"...
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 10:07:25 PM »

Where else are violent antisemitic left wingers supposed to go? Huh
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 10:55:19 PM »

Where else are violent antisemitic left wingers supposed to go? Huh
he's already admitted he has no spine, so he probably isn't capable of the violence part, so he's got lots of choices.....BDS, BLM, the UNHRC, Europe, etc

(I'm not saying everyone in each groups is an anti-Semite, they just don't seem to care if you are....just like the toxic place!)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 04:32:04 AM »

The only people dumber than Cora are the people who sincerely reply to him.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies