Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:32:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?  (Read 5090 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 09:57:43 PM »

I feel like probably one of his only devoted supporters on here who hasn't backed away from him.  I have complete faith in Trump's judgement. Anyone else? Anyone?

You can defiantly find people here who support Trump, but "complete faith" in any politician is limited to those select few at BRTD levels of brainwashed.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2017, 10:01:16 PM »

A lot of what RFayette said, but he has been fairly successful (apart from the Obamacare fiasco) from a policy standpoint.  I just try to ignore everything he says and only look at what he does- and, by that standard, he has done a great job.

Do you ever see yourself caring about how vile of a person he is? Is that ever going to factor?

I get that policy matters at the end of the day, but there have to be limits. This is what I can't understand about some conservatives, particularly religious ones. It's like Trump was created a lab to see how just how much people would tolerate, and so far, it's like none of it matters.

All I have to say is that if Democrats ever put up someone with even a fraction of the disgusting behavior of the Donald, conservatives better keep quiet, because they have no room to talk anymore.

I assume "conservatives" in this instance only refers to the uncritical Trump supporters and excludes people such as TJ or RINO Tom?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2017, 10:08:03 PM »

You shouldn't be "completely devoted" to or have "complete faith" in ANY politician's judgement ... like seriously, that's ed up.

Uh, no? That's perfectly fine...but not for Trump. Not at all. But for Barack Obama, that's how I was for almost 10 years, and for Bernie Sanders, that's how I am now.

So it's fine if it's someone you agree with? Nice!

One of these songs makes sense and is fitting. The other doesn't:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2017, 10:08:35 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2017, 10:11:02 PM by Virginia »

I assume "conservatives" in this instance only refers to the uncritical Trump supporters and excludes people such as TJ or RINO Tom?

Sure. There are lots of people who didn't totally sell out. Although I think conservatives is the wrong word here. It's just people who voted for Trump. I just hope they are self-aware enough in the future to avoid double standards.

One day a Democrat is going to put some things to the test, and all I'll say is that I'm not confident Trump supporters will give them nearly the same benefit of the doubt, forgiveness, etc, as they did Donald.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2017, 10:17:17 PM »

Sure. There are lots of people who didn't totally sell out. Although I think conservatives is the wrong word here. It's just people who voted for Trump. I just hope they are self-aware enough in the future to avoid double standards.

One day a Democrat is going to put some things to the test, and all I'll say is that I'm not confident Trump supporters will give them nearly the same benefit of the doubt, forgiveness, etc, as they did Donald.

Fair enough. It just seems like terms such as  "conservative" and "right wing" are becoming redefined to mean "supporting Trump", and that is a development I am very much not okay with.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2017, 10:20:01 PM »

A lot of what RFayette said, but he has been fairly successful (apart from the Obamacare fiasco) from a policy standpoint.  I just try to ignore everything he says and only look at what he does- and, by that standard, he has done a great job.

Do you ever see yourself caring about how vile of a person he is? Is that ever going to factor?

I get that policy matters at the end of the day, but there have to be limits. I'd rather deal with the reality of a President Romney or Rubio then have to toss out my integrity for some Democratic Trump. This is what I can't understand about some conservatives, particularly religious ones. It's like Trump was created in a lab to see how just how much people would tolerate, and so far, it's like none of it matters.

This is so weird. I was literally talking with a friend about "democratic Trump" last night. And yeah, came to the same conclusion that I would probably vote for whoever the Republicans put up. Especially since it'd probably be someone more palatable to contrast with the DEMNALD. IMO, the head of state duties of the president are far far far more important than the head of govt duties.

Anyway... get off my plane!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2017, 10:30:48 PM »

IMO, the head of state duties of the president are far far far more important than the head of govt duties.

Anyway... get off my plane!

If anything, Trump is making me a lot more likely to deny a risky blowhard candidate from my party. Putting aside the damage his incompetence is doing (both tangible and symbolically), it's also noteworthy how ineffective he is. Simply holding the office of the presidency doesn't mean much if you put someone severely incompetent in it. In fact, depending on how 2018 and 2020 go, it could be massively counter-productive and probably the best example of greediness for a short term win once again screwing people over.

This is a statement I'd probably rather hold until at least 2019, but my most objective statement to Republicans right now is that Trump was not worth it. At least for anyone who isn't such a hack that they would do/give anything for a Supreme Court seat Tongue
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2017, 11:26:22 PM »

You shouldn't be "completely devoted" to or have "complete faith" in ANY politician's judgement ... like seriously, that's ed up.

Uh, no? That's perfectly fine...but not for Trump. Not at all. But for Barack Obama, that's how I was for almost 10 years, and for Bernie Sanders, that's how I am now.

Its perfectly fine for Obama supporters to do it but not for Trump supporters?

Double standard much?
I don't think Obama was ever called God-Emperor.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2017, 11:36:01 PM »

Its perfectly fine for Obama supporters to do it but not for Trump supporters?

Double standard much?
I don't think Obama was ever called God-Emperor.

You weren't around, I worshipped Obama on the regular
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2017, 08:19:03 AM »

I support Trump just as much as I ever did.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2017, 09:02:56 AM »

Like I said.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2017, 09:57:17 AM »

So you're basically saying it's ok to worship a president unless it's Trump.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2017, 10:38:17 AM »

(Raises hand) 80% of the people here didn't support him anyway.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2017, 11:23:17 AM »

So you're basically saying it's ok to worship a president unless it's Trump.
Trump is a very vile and despicable person though. Even many Republicans agree to that.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2017, 12:32:46 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2017, 12:34:33 PM by publicunofficial »

I think It's exclusively down to the edgy teenage racists like Classic and the edgy old man racists like Grumps.

There's also Reaganfan who has the edgy teenage racist look on the outside but has the personality and humor of an old man racist.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2017, 12:44:05 PM »

I feel like probably one of his only devoted supporters on here who hasn't backed away from him.  I have complete faith in Trump's judgement. Anyone else? Anyone?

You can defiantly find people here who support Trump, but "complete faith" in any politician is limited to those select few at BRTD levels of brainwashed.

I don't have complete faith in my own decisions and judgment by any means.  I don't see how I could put my trust in someone else's without any doubts - it just strikes me as bizarre terms to use with politicians, the last people you generally think of as moral examples.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2017, 02:02:12 PM »

Fair enough. It just seems like terms such as  "conservative" and "right wing" are becoming redefined to mean "supporting Trump", and that is a development I am very much not okay with.

PREACH.  Especially when many of them are less conservative on many issues than the ones who oppose him and simply have a tribalistic and brainwashed worldview now where Trump defines conservatism for all.  Bullshlt, if you ask me.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2017, 02:07:43 PM »

I am getting less and less supportive by the day.  My values are as strong as ever, and I know I have to keep supporting him for my justices who will overturn Roe v. Wade, but I am just about ready to call for a primary challenge.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2017, 02:11:44 PM »

PREACH.  Especially when many of them are less conservative on many issues than the ones who oppose him and simply have a tribalistic and brainwashed worldview now where Trump defines conservatism for all.  Bullshlt, if you ask me.

#RepublicansForHillary, amirite?

Yep.  Not voting for a protectionist racist who is trying to drag the party to the left on economics while his supporters have the ironic nerve to call anyone else a "RINO."  To any person with somewhat decent mental capacity, this should make it obvious that such a vote is no endorsement of Hillary's ideology.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2017, 03:00:34 PM »

I am getting less and less supportive by the day.  My values are as strong as ever, and I know I have to keep supporting him for my justices who will overturn Roe v. Wade, but I am just about ready to call for a primary challenge.
Why are you so obsessed with and passionate about abortion? You're unable to get pregnant.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2017, 03:23:53 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

I get that policy matters at the end of the day, but there have to be limits. I'd rather deal with the reality of a President Romney or Rubio then have to toss out my integrity for some Democratic Trump. This is what I can't understand about some conservatives, particularly religious ones. It's like Trump was created in a lab to see how just how much people would tolerate, and so far, it's like none of it matters.

Donald Trump would have to eat an aborted fetus on live TV to fully lose the support of people like ER.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2017, 03:48:38 PM »

I don't have complete faith in anyone's judgment.

To be honest, I have been fairly ambivalent about Trump from day 1 - other than appointing Gorsuch, I can't say there were any huge wins from my point of view, but nothing I forcefully disagree with either as far as policies go.  I can't speak for others, but I don't feel strongly enough to feel a need to defend Trump, especially on a liberal forum like this (and there are some statements by Trump which I found disappointing TERRIBLE especially after Charlottesville).
A little more forcefully for me but essentially this. The only attachment I feel is to him by party, but my party keeps disapointing me over and over. I'm so sick of this trumpesque/McConnell party. I want a Ronald Reagan/Ben Sasse/ Mike Lee/ Marco Rubio  party
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »

I'm not confident Democrats will give them nearly the same scruitnity, suspicion, etc. as they did Donald...
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2017, 09:08:02 PM »

I'm not confident Democrats will give them nearly the same scruitnity, suspicion, etc. as they did Donald...

Do you not know why Trump has garnered such hate and suspicion? It's not undeserved.

As far as the theoretical Democrat in question here - sure, there will be partisan hackery as there is always hackery with every president among their tribe. The extent of this is the big question, and it's really hard to say how far people will go unless you have clear-cut examples to work with. Fortunately, Trump has given us just that. He's really pushing a lot of limits here.

While it's easy to wave your hand and say "both sides do it!", that doesn't mean Democrats would actually go to bat just as hard as Trump supporters have. It really would depend on the candidate. Most politicians just don't develop the kind of appeal/connections needed to develop a cult-like following. Plus, let's be honest, given the kind of voters in the Democratic Party, just how tolerant of racism and sexism do you think they would be?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2017, 10:30:31 AM »

PREACH.  Especially when many of them are less conservative on many issues than the ones who oppose him and simply have a tribalistic and brainwashed worldview now where Trump defines conservatism for all.  Bullshlt, if you ask me.

Then what's your take on this little poll?

Aren't we Democrats so nice for saying Trump doesn't represent mainstream conservatism, rather a fringe movement instead? Time to jump ship, RINO.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies