Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:13:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?  (Read 5152 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: August 22, 2017, 02:41:57 PM »

You shouldn't be "completely devoted" to or have "complete faith" in ANY politician's judgement ... like seriously, that's ed up.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 09:02:56 AM »

You shouldn't be "completely devoted" to or have "complete faith" in ANY politician's judgement ... like seriously, that's ed up.

Uh, no? That's perfectly fine...but not for Trump. Not at all. But for Barack Obama, that's how I was for almost 10 years, and for Bernie Sanders, that's how I am now.

Like I said.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 02:02:12 PM »

I assume "conservatives" in this instance only refers to the uncritical Trump supporters and excludes people such as TJ or RINO Tom?

Sure. There are lots of people who didn't totally sell out. Although I think conservatives is the wrong word here. It's just people who voted for Trump. I just hope they are self-aware enough in the future to avoid double standards.

One day a Democrat is going to put some things to the test, and all I'll say is that I'm not confident Trump supporters will give them nearly the same benefit of the doubt, forgiveness, etc, as they did Donald.

Fair enough. It just seems like terms such as  "conservative" and "right wing" are becoming redefined to mean "supporting Trump", and that is a development I am very much not okay with.

PREACH.  Especially when many of them are less conservative on many issues than the ones who oppose him and simply have a tribalistic and brainwashed worldview now where Trump defines conservatism for all.  Bullshlt, if you ask me.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 02:11:44 PM »

I assume "conservatives" in this instance only refers to the uncritical Trump supporters and excludes people such as TJ or RINO Tom?

Sure. There are lots of people who didn't totally sell out. Although I think conservatives is the wrong word here. It's just people who voted for Trump. I just hope they are self-aware enough in the future to avoid double standards.

One day a Democrat is going to put some things to the test, and all I'll say is that I'm not confident Trump supporters will give them nearly the same benefit of the doubt, forgiveness, etc, as they did Donald.

Fair enough. It just seems like terms such as  "conservative" and "right wing" are becoming redefined to mean "supporting Trump", and that is a development I am very much not okay with.

PREACH.  Especially when many of them are less conservative on many issues than the ones who oppose him and simply have a tribalistic and brainwashed worldview now where Trump defines conservatism for all.  Bullshlt, if you ask me.

#RepublicansForHillary, amirite?

Yep.  Not voting for a protectionist racist who is trying to drag the party to the left on economics while his supporters have the ironic nerve to call anyone else a "RINO."  To any person with somewhat decent mental capacity, this should make it obvious that such a vote is no endorsement of Hillary's ideology.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 04:20:13 PM »

PREACH.  Especially when many of them are less conservative on many issues than the ones who oppose him and simply have a tribalistic and brainwashed worldview now where Trump defines conservatism for all.  Bullshlt, if you ask me.

Then what's your take on this little poll?

Aren't we Democrats so nice for saying Trump doesn't represent mainstream conservatism, rather a fringe movement instead? Time to jump ship, RINO.

I mean, doesn't affect me, really.  People in whatever party are free to be terrible without it changing my mind much, honestly.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 11:27:13 AM »

I feel so bad for the the #NeverTrump guys who think people like them have a future in the GOP.

LOL.  Alright, buddy.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 02:01:28 PM »

I feel so bad for the the #NeverTrump guys who think people like them have a future in the GOP.

LOL.  Alright, buddy.
Tom, how do I put this delicately? You are f'ed. You are persona non grata. #NeverTrumpers will be crucified by the base for their betrayal.

Stay classy, as always (though I'm sure you think displaying any form of class is too "establishment," "elitist" or maybe even "neoconservative," haha).  Your.  Politics.  Are.  Dying.  And thank God.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 02:57:44 PM »

LOL.  Alright, buddy.
Tom, how do I put this delicately? You are f'ed. You are persona non grata. #NeverTrumpers will be crucified by the base for their betrayal.

What about real conservatives (i.e. not the RINO Never Trumpers or the RINO Trumpists)?  You know, the people who actually agree with everything in the official GOP platform?
You mean...and I have to be harsh here even though I despise the word....you mean the cucks?

I think he means the real conservatives, not the ACTUAL RINOs who eat up Democratic talking points on class issues but just happen to be ignorant and have too much cultural grievance to vote for the party they ideally belong in?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 04:12:07 PM »

LOL.  Alright, buddy.

What about real conservatives (i.e. not the RINO Never Trumpers or the RINO Trumpists)?  You know, the people who actually agree with everything in the official GOP platform?
You mean...and I have to be harsh here even though I despise the word....you mean the cucks?

I think he means the real conservatives, not the ACTUAL RINOs who eat up Democratic talking points on class issues but just happen to be ignorant and have too much cultural grievance to vote for the party they ideally belong in?
Don't blame us for your party becoming a joke. And if Trumpists belong in the Democratic Party because it represents their economic interests, then everyone belongs in the Democratic Party; the conservative voodoo "economics" of massive increases in military spending, modest cuts to other areas that aren't enough to make up for those massive increases, and simultaneously slashing taxes and borrowing to fund the government, don't benefit ANYONE in the long run.

Are you high, dude?  Where did I "blame you" or even address you at all?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 08:41:18 AM »
« Edited: August 28, 2017, 08:45:02 AM by RINO Tom »

Don't attribute to drugs what can be adequately explained by being a sociopath.
RINO Tom says maryijawana is bad!

Not every Republican you dislike fits your boogeyman, kid.  Trust me, RINO Tom and "maryijawana" get along just fine, LOL.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 03:24:43 PM »

This thread is going well. I love how everyone seems think that they get to decide what conservatism really is, and what the Republican Party is all about. As if there isn't this thing called subjectivity...

X 1000.

Defending your own brand of conservatism when it is directly attacked =/= thinking you define what conservatism or the Republican Party is all about, IMO.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies