Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:43:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?  (Read 5138 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 22, 2017, 02:30:48 PM »

I don't have complete faith in anyone's judgment.

To be honest, I have been fairly ambivalent about Trump from day 1 - other than appointing Gorsuch, I can't say there were any huge wins from my point of view, but nothing I forcefully disagree with either as far as policies go.  I can't speak for others, but I don't feel strongly enough to feel a need to defend Trump, especially on a liberal forum like this (and there are some statements by Trump which I found disappointing, especially after Charlottesville).
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 05:40:55 PM »

^This (though I might be a bit further to the right on immigration than ER)...also, with respect to climate change, I kind of forgot about this issue in this frenzied news cycle, but I do disagree with some of Trump's actions on that front.  Luckily, I think rapid technological advances will be able to solve much of the problem on its own, but time will tell.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 12:44:05 PM »

I feel like probably one of his only devoted supporters on here who hasn't backed away from him.  I have complete faith in Trump's judgement. Anyone else? Anyone?

You can defiantly find people here who support Trump, but "complete faith" in any politician is limited to those select few at BRTD levels of brainwashed.

I don't have complete faith in my own decisions and judgment by any means.  I don't see how I could put my trust in someone else's without any doubts - it just strikes me as bizarre terms to use with politicians, the last people you generally think of as moral examples.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 04:22:24 PM »

TBH the most surprising thing there is that people 65+ are familiar with the term "Alt-Right".

The phrase is now used on TV news outlets, so why wouldn't they be familiar with it?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 08:03:03 PM »

TBH the most surprising thing there is that people 65+ are familiar with the term "Alt-Right".

The phrase is now used on TV news outlets, so why wouldn't they be familiar with it?

Is it? I assumed it was still mostly internet term. I guess that's what I get for not watching TV. Tongue

Well, CNN is on at the sandwich place where I get lunch and have heard it a few times, and I know ABC had a 20/20 special entirely on the 'alt-right.'
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies