Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:57:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?  (Read 5139 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: August 22, 2017, 02:33:10 PM »

A lot of what RFayette said, but he has been fairly successful (apart from the Obamacare fiasco) from a policy standpoint.  I just try to ignore everything he says and only look at what he does- and, by that standard, he has done a great job.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 05:38:13 PM »

I don't have complete faith in anyone's judgment.

To be honest, I have been fairly ambivalent about Trump from day 1 - other than appointing Gorsuch, I can't say there were any huge wins from my point of view, but nothing I forcefully disagree with either as far as policies go.  I can't speak for others, but I don't feel strongly enough to feel a need to defend Trump, especially on a liberal forum like this (and there are some statements by Trump which I found disappointing, especially after Charlottesville).
A lot of what RFayette said, but he has been fairly successful (apart from the Obamacare fiasco) from a policy standpoint.  I just try to ignore everything he says and only look at what he does- and, by that standard, he has done a great job.
You don't particularly care about the Paris Agreement, renegotiating NAFTA, funding democratic Syrian rebels, our relationship with India and Pakistan, or any of the other policies? I'm not trying to be critical - I'm trying to see if you forgot anything, perhaps. Also, I'm a bit surprised at ExtremeRepublican being upset with Trump over Charlottesville - maybe it has something to do with the alt-right attacking him viciously?

I have actually long fully condemned the alt-right and all forms of racism.  I don't even take a hard-line on immigration (I'm probably closer to Rubio's view than Trump's), so I have very little in common with their views.  Plus, they are racists who love abortion for the sole purpose of killing minorities.  Disgusting!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 05:52:05 PM »

^This (though I might be a bit further to the right on immigration than ER)...also, with respect to climate change, I kind of forgot about this issue in this frenzied news cycle, but I do disagree with some of Trump's actions on that front.  Luckily, I think rapid technological advances will be able to solve much of the problem on its own, but time will tell.

My immigration position is essentially

-Secure the border
-Ban sanctuary cities
-Deport all criminal illegal immigrants
-No mass deportations, but no path to citizenship either
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 02:07:43 PM »

I am getting less and less supportive by the day.  My values are as strong as ever, and I know I have to keep supporting him for my justices who will overturn Roe v. Wade, but I am just about ready to call for a primary challenge.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »

I feel so bad for the the #NeverTrump guys who think people like them have a future in the GOP.

LOL.  Alright, buddy.
Tom, how do I put this delicately? You are f'ed. You are persona non grata. #NeverTrumpers will be crucified by the base for their betrayal.

What about real conservatives (i.e. not the RINO Never Trumpers or the RINO Trumpists)?  You know, the people who actually agree with everything in the official GOP platform?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies