Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:39:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?  (Read 5142 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 22, 2017, 05:23:05 PM »

I don't have complete faith in anyone's judgment.

To be honest, I have been fairly ambivalent about Trump from day 1 - other than appointing Gorsuch, I can't say there were any huge wins from my point of view, but nothing I forcefully disagree with either as far as policies go.  I can't speak for others, but I don't feel strongly enough to feel a need to defend Trump, especially on a liberal forum like this (and there are some statements by Trump which I found disappointing, especially after Charlottesville).
A lot of what RFayette said, but he has been fairly successful (apart from the Obamacare fiasco) from a policy standpoint.  I just try to ignore everything he says and only look at what he does- and, by that standard, he has done a great job.
You don't particularly care about the Paris Agreement, renegotiating NAFTA, funding democratic Syrian rebels, our relationship with India and Pakistan, or any of the other policies? I'm not trying to be critical - I'm trying to see if you forgot anything, perhaps. Also, I'm a bit surprised at ExtremeRepublican being upset with Trump over Charlottesville - maybe it has something to do with the alt-right attacking him viciously?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 05:45:23 PM »

I don't have complete faith in anyone's judgment.

To be honest, I have been fairly ambivalent about Trump from day 1 - other than appointing Gorsuch, I can't say there were any huge wins from my point of view, but nothing I forcefully disagree with either as far as policies go.  I can't speak for others, but I don't feel strongly enough to feel a need to defend Trump, especially on a liberal forum like this (and there are some statements by Trump which I found disappointing, especially after Charlottesville).
A lot of what RFayette said, but he has been fairly successful (apart from the Obamacare fiasco) from a policy standpoint.  I just try to ignore everything he says and only look at what he does- and, by that standard, he has done a great job.
You don't particularly care about the Paris Agreement, renegotiating NAFTA, funding democratic Syrian rebels, our relationship with India and Pakistan, or any of the other policies? I'm not trying to be critical - I'm trying to see if you forgot anything, perhaps. Also, I'm a bit surprised at ExtremeRepublican being upset with Trump over Charlottesville - maybe it has something to do with the alt-right attacking him viciously?

I have actually long fully condemned the alt-right and all forms of racism.  I don't even take a hard-line on immigration (I'm probably closer to Rubio's view than Trump's), so I have very little in common with their views.  Plus, they are racists who love abortion for the sole purpose of killing minorities.  Disgusting!

You should join CORE and the NAACP. It's not at all for my own amusement.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »

I assume "conservatives" in this instance only refers to the uncritical Trump supporters and excludes people such as TJ or RINO Tom?

Sure. There are lots of people who didn't totally sell out. Although I think conservatives is the wrong word here. It's just people who voted for Trump. I just hope they are self-aware enough in the future to avoid double standards.

One day a Democrat is going to put some things to the test, and all I'll say is that I'm not confident Trump supporters will give them nearly the same benefit of the doubt, forgiveness, etc, as they did Donald.

I'm not confident Democrats will give them nearly the same scruitnity, suspicion, etc. as they did Donald...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies