Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:07:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?  (Read 5202 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: August 22, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »

Well, no, he is definitely a politician now. You are only really an outsider so long as you stay on the outside. Being POTUS of all things makes that impossible.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:57:33 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2017, 09:59:38 PM by Virginia »

A lot of what RFayette said, but he has been fairly successful (apart from the Obamacare fiasco) from a policy standpoint.  I just try to ignore everything he says and only look at what he does- and, by that standard, he has done a great job.

Do you ever see yourself caring about how vile of a person he is? Is that ever going to factor?

I get that policy matters at the end of the day, but there have to be limits. I'd rather deal with the reality of a President Romney or Rubio then have to toss out my integrity for some Democratic Trump. This is what I can't understand about some conservatives, particularly religious ones. It's like Trump was created in a lab to see how just how much people would tolerate, and so far, it's like none of it matters.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 10:08:35 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2017, 10:11:02 PM by Virginia »

I assume "conservatives" in this instance only refers to the uncritical Trump supporters and excludes people such as TJ or RINO Tom?

Sure. There are lots of people who didn't totally sell out. Although I think conservatives is the wrong word here. It's just people who voted for Trump. I just hope they are self-aware enough in the future to avoid double standards.

One day a Democrat is going to put some things to the test, and all I'll say is that I'm not confident Trump supporters will give them nearly the same benefit of the doubt, forgiveness, etc, as they did Donald.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 10:30:48 PM »

IMO, the head of state duties of the president are far far far more important than the head of govt duties.

Anyway... get off my plane!

If anything, Trump is making me a lot more likely to deny a risky blowhard candidate from my party. Putting aside the damage his incompetence is doing (both tangible and symbolically), it's also noteworthy how ineffective he is. Simply holding the office of the presidency doesn't mean much if you put someone severely incompetent in it. In fact, depending on how 2018 and 2020 go, it could be massively counter-productive and probably the best example of greediness for a short term win once again screwing people over.

This is a statement I'd probably rather hold until at least 2019, but my most objective statement to Republicans right now is that Trump was not worth it. At least for anyone who isn't such a hack that they would do/give anything for a Supreme Court seat Tongue
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 09:08:02 PM »

I'm not confident Democrats will give them nearly the same scruitnity, suspicion, etc. as they did Donald...

Do you not know why Trump has garnered such hate and suspicion? It's not undeserved.

As far as the theoretical Democrat in question here - sure, there will be partisan hackery as there is always hackery with every president among their tribe. The extent of this is the big question, and it's really hard to say how far people will go unless you have clear-cut examples to work with. Fortunately, Trump has given us just that. He's really pushing a lot of limits here.

While it's easy to wave your hand and say "both sides do it!", that doesn't mean Democrats would actually go to bat just as hard as Trump supporters have. It really would depend on the candidate. Most politicians just don't develop the kind of appeal/connections needed to develop a cult-like following. Plus, let's be honest, given the kind of voters in the Democratic Party, just how tolerant of racism and sexism do you think they would be?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies