Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:46:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?  (Read 5195 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« on: August 22, 2017, 09:57:43 PM »

I feel like probably one of his only devoted supporters on here who hasn't backed away from him.  I have complete faith in Trump's judgement. Anyone else? Anyone?

You can defiantly find people here who support Trump, but "complete faith" in any politician is limited to those select few at BRTD levels of brainwashed.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 10:01:16 PM »

A lot of what RFayette said, but he has been fairly successful (apart from the Obamacare fiasco) from a policy standpoint.  I just try to ignore everything he says and only look at what he does- and, by that standard, he has done a great job.

Do you ever see yourself caring about how vile of a person he is? Is that ever going to factor?

I get that policy matters at the end of the day, but there have to be limits. This is what I can't understand about some conservatives, particularly religious ones. It's like Trump was created a lab to see how just how much people would tolerate, and so far, it's like none of it matters.

All I have to say is that if Democrats ever put up someone with even a fraction of the disgusting behavior of the Donald, conservatives better keep quiet, because they have no room to talk anymore.

I assume "conservatives" in this instance only refers to the uncritical Trump supporters and excludes people such as TJ or RINO Tom?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 10:17:17 PM »

I assume "conservatives" in this instance only refers to the uncritical Trump supporters and excludes people such as TJ or RINO Tom?

Sure. There are lots of people who didn't totally sell out. Although I think conservatives is the wrong word here. It's just people who voted for Trump. I just hope they are self-aware enough in the future to avoid double standards.

One day a Democrat is going to put some things to the test, and all I'll say is that I'm not confident Trump supporters will give them nearly the same benefit of the doubt, forgiveness, etc, as they did Donald.

Fair enough. It just seems like terms such as  "conservative" and "right wing" are becoming redefined to mean "supporting Trump", and that is a development I am very much not okay with.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 12:38:51 PM »

PREACH.  Especially when many of them are less conservative on many issues than the ones who oppose him and simply have a tribalistic and brainwashed worldview now where Trump defines conservatism for all.  Bullshlt, if you ask me.

Then what's your take on this little poll?

Aren't we Democrats so nice for saying Trump doesn't represent mainstream conservatism, rather a fringe movement instead? Time to jump ship, RINO.

TBH the most surprising thing there is that people 65+ are familiar with the term "Alt-Right".
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 06:04:16 PM »

TBH the most surprising thing there is that people 65+ are familiar with the term "Alt-Right".

The phrase is now used on TV news outlets, so why wouldn't they be familiar with it?

Is it? I assumed it was still mostly internet term. I guess that's what I get for not watching TV. Tongue
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 08:03:59 PM »

The phrase is now used on TV news outlets, so why wouldn't they be familiar with it?

Is it? I assumed it was still mostly internet term. I guess that's what I get for not watching TV. Tongue

Well, CNN is on at the sandwich place where I get lunch and have heard it a few times, and I know ABC had a 20/20 special entirely on the 'alt-right.'

RIP humanity. Cry
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies