What is the 2nd Amendment really for? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:16:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  What is the 2nd Amendment really for? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the 2nd Amendment really for?  (Read 4802 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 24, 2017, 04:35:06 PM »

indeed, Protestants, Agnostics, Sikhs and Jews are the only people that should be allowed to own firearms.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 10:08:00 AM »

It's weird that on this left leaning political message board, gun rights peoples destroy gun control peoples every time.  Sure, it helps a lot that we have the facts and logic on our side and all they have is emotion and gut, but these things are much more evenly divided most of the time on the internet.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 10:06:31 AM »

You really ought to do something about that cough before you choke from trying to draw conclusions from isolated situations rather than overall statistics.  The very fact that Chicago stands out from other communities with similar gun regulations ought to be a clear clue that it ain't the gun laws there that have led to the spike in crime there.
All I’m saying is Chicago has the worst gun laws anywhere and they have more shootings then anywhere in America.

Also it’s not just Chicago there is New York,Connecticut,Massachusetts,rhode island. They have tough gun laws and they still have mass shootings but Vermont which is super pro gun never has any shootings.

Mass Shootings?  Those amount to but a tiny fraction of the deaths from guns.  If that's where your focus is, then it is sadly misplaced if your goal to reduce gun deaths.
And you're wording about accidental gun deaths, which make up less than 1% of all accidental deaths.  Seems like misplaced focus too if you want to reduce accidental deaths, no?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 04:57:36 PM »

If you think gun control is synonymous with gun confiscation, they you're crazy.
Let me be specific as to the measures I seek,
1) Complete gun registration. Like motor vehicles, every gun should have a title and be registered to a specific owner, who would be held legally liable for any ill results of its use.
Hawaii, Which Registers Guns and Medical Marijuana Users, Starts Disarming Patients
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 08:33:47 AM »

sure, but that doesn't change the larger fact that they are confiscating guns because they have a gun registration.  I don't doubt that YOU would never support gun confiscation, but many many many other gun control nuts would.  Even for sh**tty reasons like they have a medical weed card.  They don't care about the constitution, fair play, or anything, as long as they get a gun off the street.

To an honest gun control advocate that isn't looking to take grand pa's hunting rifle or shotgun or aunt Carol's handgun she uses when she makes cash drop offs from her pie shop, gun registration doesn't seem like that big of a deal.  They would never look to use the list to confiscate guns.....but other, less honest gun control nuts would gladly use it, as can be seen here, to do just that.

I'm not, in principle, against gun registration, but I know, in practice, it would eventually be used to take an honest man's gun.  That is unacceptable to me.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 11:11:51 AM »

That said, there's zero chance of widespread gun confiscation in this country in not only our lifetimes, but that of the grandchildren of the youngest whippersnappers on this forum.
that's easy to say from the sidelines.  It's like a guy in Berlin telling a lady in Tel Aviv that she shouldn't worry about Iran getting the bomb, there is zero chance they'd use in your life time.

You might think them confiscating guns in Hawaii is an outlier, others might consider what gun control nuts are thinking in Sacramento (when they aren't groping an intern), Albany or Springfield when they see what Honolulu is doing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies