ME-02: Poliquin in denial
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:55:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME-02: Poliquin in denial
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27
Author Topic: ME-02: Poliquin in denial  (Read 65167 times)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2018, 08:29:36 PM »

Oof. I guess it makes sense, though; ME-02 is quite poor.

Also who the hell is giving money to a millionaire.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2018, 03:08:46 PM »

Golden is basically a carbon copy of Conor Lamb.
Much easier district to win too. Trump I think was the first Republican to win here since Herb.

Untrue. ME-02 voted Republican quite often before 1992.
Herb = George HW Bush FTR.
I instantly thought it meant HERBert Hoover, and instantly believed the post was incorrect.
DemocraticKing
Rookie

« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2018, 05:17:11 PM »

Much easier district to win too. Trump I think was the first Republican to win here since Herb.
Yup, but it gave LePage his best results in 2010 and 2014.

Isn't that basically assume to happen with every R in every race since the only other district is Solid Blue?
GoldenMainer
Rookie

« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2018, 07:58:55 PM »

https://twitter.com/OurRevolution/status/990666792384286722

Our Revolution endorses Jonathan Fulford. This primary just got more interesting.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2018, 08:14:35 PM »

Our Revolution endorses Jonathan Fulford. This primary just got more interesting.
who wins, as of now?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2018, 08:20:34 PM »

Isn't that basically assume to happen with every R in every race since the only other district is Solid Blue?

It was a little more nuanced not too long ago. Peter Ciancette actually won ME-01 in his 2002 gubernatorial run but got crushed in CD-02. Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe won CD-01 in all their Senate races, but also CD-02 as well of course.
Cianchette, of course, was from South Portland and Baldacci was the hugely popular Congressman from the 2nd district.

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2018, 08:31:01 PM »

It was a little more nuanced not too long ago. Peter Ciancette actually won ME-01 in his 2002 gubernatorial run but got crushed in CD-02. Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe won CD-01 in all their Senate races, but also CD-02 as well of course.
Cianchette, of course, was from South Portland and Baldacci was the hugely popular Congressman from the 2nd district.

could baldacci run?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2018, 08:36:12 PM »

Lmao Our Revolution is committed to being completely irrelevant in every race aren’t they?

No idea. Golden has the establishment behind him, but St. Clair has the money. I haven’t been seeing much about Fulford until now.

could baldacci run?

Filing deadline’s past, and he lived in Portland now anyway.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2018, 08:43:27 PM »

That's still pretty hilarious:

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2018, 08:44:01 PM »

could baldacci run?

too bad, looking at his 2002 margins, he'd make it safe d
GoldenMainer
Rookie

« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2018, 08:49:16 PM »

It's hard to pinpoint but if I had to guess, I'd say Golden is still out front by a bit. His profile as a young marine vet who actually has legislative experience is the strongest background compared to his competitors. Financially, he's in the best shape. He has about 1,000 more followers on Facebook than St. Clair & Fulford and his posts get more likes (if that means anything). He's a good speaker and has endorsements from state reps/senators. And even though he's not the Our Revolution choice, his stances are still quite progressive (he supports universal healthcare and importing medicine from Canada/negotiating for lower prices, overturning Citizens United, raising the minimum wage, universal pre-K, etc). Thus with ranked choice voting in place, he might be a second choice for Fulford voters.

I don't think St. Clair & Fulford are too far behind though. Even though I don't care for him, St. Clair's done a good job having a lot of events across the district and his social media game is on point. The Our Revolution endorsement might provide a boost for Fulford but I don't think he's the best speaker (and I was a Bernie voter). Craig Olsen isn't a factor.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2018, 09:11:59 PM »

It's hard to pinpoint but if I had to guess, I'd say Golden is still out front by a bit. His profile as a young marine vet who actually has legislative experience is the strongest background compared to his competitors. Financially, he's in the best shape. He has about 1,000 more followers on Facebook than St. Clair & Fulford and his posts get more likes (if that means anything). He's a good speaker and has endorsements from state reps/senators. And even though he's not the Our Revolution choice, his stances are still quite progressive (he supports universal healthcare and importing medicine from Canada/negotiating for lower prices, overturning Citizens United, raising the minimum wage, universal pre-K, etc). Thus with ranked choice voting in place, he might be a second choice for Fulford voters.

I don't think St. Clair & Fulford are too far behind though. Even though I don't care for him, St. Clair's done a good job having a lot of events across the district and his social media game is on point. The Our Revolution endorsement might provide a boost for Fulford but I don't think he's the best speaker (and I was a Bernie voter). Craig Olsen isn't a factor.
could st clair win the ge, considering he has an amazing ground op?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2018, 09:19:45 PM »

could baldacci run?

too bad, looking at his 2002 margins, he'd make it safe d
Nah, he’s not popular there anymore and left the Blaine House with abysmal approvals. Look at how much the 2nd CD swung against him in his 2006 re-election:

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2018, 09:30:39 PM »

GoldenMainer
Rookie

« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2018, 09:36:12 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2018, 09:39:26 PM by GoldenMainer »

He could be swept in with a wave but I think he'd have trouble holding the seat. Fair or not, Republicans will paint him as a rich mommy's boy from Portland & Seattle (he grew up in CD2 but moved from Seattle to Portland, and then back into the district to run). Since this is a rather poor district, it'd be stupid of Republicans not to go that route. I also find St. Clair's policy positions to be vague (he's heavy on the environment angle and light on everything else).

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2018, 09:40:31 PM »

He could be swept in with a wave but I think he'd have trouble holding the seat. Fair or not, Republicans will paint him as a rich mommy's boy from Portland & Seattle (he grew up in CD2 but moved from Seattle to Portland, and then back into the district to run). Since this is a rather poor district, it'd be stupid of Republicans not to go that route. I also find St. Clair's policy positions to be vague (he's heavy on the environment angle and light on everything else).

that is true,  but if he can survive a couple cycles, this districts has shown to love incumbents.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2018, 09:40:46 PM »

What GoldenMainer said. St. Clair could win. But Democrats would be much more comfortable with Golden on the ballot.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2018, 05:52:27 PM »

And less than 24 hours later, Fulford is out.

Suspicious.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2018, 06:04:18 PM »

And less than 24 hours later, Fulford is out.

Suspicious.

Hmm
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2018, 06:09:33 PM »

Curiouser and curiouser

MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2018, 08:16:55 PM »

St. Clair has a 52-48 lead over Golden: https://bangordailynews.com/2018/05/06/politics/poll-moody-mills-are-front-runners-in-maines-unsettled-june-primaries/

Terrible news for St. Clair: he has all the money and name Rex and he’s only winning by four points. This makes Golden a strong favorite in the primary IMHO.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2018, 08:36:27 PM »

St. Clair has a 52-48 lead over Golden: https://bangordailynews.com/2018/05/06/politics/poll-moody-mills-are-front-runners-in-maines-unsettled-june-primaries/

Terrible news for St. Clair: he has all the money and name Rex and he’s only winning by four points. This makes Golden a strong favorite in the primary IMHO.
who is to say golden will get his name out there? also, no olson?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2018, 08:41:35 PM »

Poll was done in the same manner as RCV, so Olson was eliminated in the first round.

As for Golden: The party convention is coming up, where he could snap the endorsement of the Maine Democrats, and Maine is very prone to retail politics and is very engaged in politics. If he hits the bricks, gets out there and makes himself visible, the voters will find him.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2018, 08:50:28 PM »

Poll was done in the same manner as RCV, so Olson was eliminated in the first round.

As for Golden: The party convention is coming up, where he could snap the endorsement of the Maine Democrats, and Maine is very prone to retail politics and is very engaged in politics. If he hits the bricks, gets out there and makes himself visible, the voters will find him.
well, ehat does a golden v. polloquin map llok like?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2018, 10:30:25 PM »

well, ehat does a golden v. polloquin map llok like?

He'd have to run-up the score in Lewiston (his hometown) and Bangor, and win back many of the small communities that went Obama-Trump and Baldacci-LePage, like Presque Isle and Ellsworth.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies