ME-02: Poliquin in denial
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:48:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME-02: Poliquin in denial
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27
Author Topic: ME-02: Poliquin in denial  (Read 65791 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2017, 07:53:05 PM »

People keep referring to ME-02 as "Northern Maine" when in fact it's Northern Maine, part of Central Maine, and a little bit of Southern Maine. By definition, it's half the state's population--not something we can laugh off.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2017, 01:33:27 AM »

People keep referring to ME-02 as "Northern Maine" when in fact it's Northern Maine, part of Central Maine, and a little bit of Southern Maine. By definition, it's half the state's population--not something we can laugh off.

Absolutely... But your name for district is way too long, BTW...
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2017, 11:13:12 PM »

Not trying to name the district, just accurately describe it.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2017, 01:32:58 AM »

Absolutely agree. "Northern Maine" is used, possibly, for brevity....
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2017, 09:46:04 AM »

Absolutely agree. "Northern Maine" is used, possibly, for brevity....

If you want brevity, just call it ME-02 or whatever. "Northern Maine" is a small region that's not nearly big enough to be its own district, and a lot of the district's swing is due to places like Bangor, Waterville, and Lewiston, and the small towns in between.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2017, 05:19:26 PM »

If you want brevity, just call it ME-02 or whatever. "Northern Maine" is a small region that's not nearly big enough to be its own district, and a lot of the district's swing is due to places like Bangor, Waterville, and Lewiston, and the small towns in between.
Waterville is now in ME-01.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2017, 02:30:14 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You go, Tim.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/31/maine-dem-states-whiteness-is-bad-news/
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2017, 05:16:50 PM »

Can't find anything online-- is Jared Golden Jewish? It sounds like it, from his name. It hurts to say this, but I'm not sure how well that would play in this sort of district
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2017, 12:14:39 AM »

Can't find anything online-- is Jared Golden Jewish? It sounds like it, from his name. It hurts to say this, but I'm not sure how well that would play in this sort of district

I don't know. Golden can be either a Jewish or non-Jewish name, and Jared was already pretty generic by the time this guy was born.

If he is Jewish, I doubt it would hurt him that much.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2017, 12:37:56 AM »

So not only is ME-02 homophobic but also anti-semetic.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2017, 12:39:34 AM »

So not only is ME-02 homophobic but also anti-semetic.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2017, 02:09:38 PM »

Waterville is now in ME-01.

Whoops. I wasn't sure about that one.
GoldenMainer
Rookie

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2017, 05:50:44 PM »

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/10/02/lucas-st-clair-enters-race-for-maines-2nd-congressional-district/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bolded the part that will make him a liability.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2017, 05:53:29 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2017, 05:56:07 PM by Tintrlvr »

I think being Roxanne Quimby's son might be a liability, too. She's not popular in rural Maine.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2017, 11:59:51 AM »

@Maineiac would you say that Golden is basically a lock in the primary?
Basically a lock. But it's Maine, anything can appen. He's the only one with any elected experience and has the kind of resume that makes rural Democrats salivate. Tim Rich appears to be running as the Berniecrat so that might cause some problems for Golden. St. Clair won't be a problem, though.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2017, 04:46:09 PM »

Basically a lock. But it's Maine, anything can appen. He's the only one with any elected experience and has the kind of resume that makes rural Democrats salivate. Tim Rich appears to be running as the Berniecrat so that might cause some problems for Golden. St. Clair won't be a problem, though.
You don't think Joe Baldacci, Troy Jackson, or Jeff McCabe could have a chance against the Golden Boy?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2017, 04:53:01 PM »

You don't think Joe Baldacci, Troy Jackson, or Jeff McCabe could have a chance against the Golden Boy?
Only Jackson.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2017, 12:28:38 PM »

Why is Golden such a good candidate for rural voters?
GoldenMainer
Rookie

« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2017, 01:17:13 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2017, 01:22:48 PM by GoldenMainer »

Born and raised in Leeds, a rural town & went to college in the district
Served in the military
Worked for Susan Collins on the Homeland Security committee which shows he isn't a "partisan out of touch liberal"
Has worked closely with firefighters and police officers in workers comp legislation and securing funding with FIRE/SAFER grants

Purely on an image basis, he's "one of them". He's a military guy with tats on his arm who grew up in a small town. He isn't a lawyer from the city coming to lecture them.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2017, 02:38:37 PM »

Served in the military
Worked for Susan Collins on the Homeland Security committee which shows he isn't a "partisan out of touch liberal"
Has worked closely with firefighters and police officers in workers comp legislation and securing funding with FIRE/SAFER grants

Purely on an image basis, he's "one of them". He's a military guy with tats on his arm who grew up in a small town. He isn't a lawyer from the city coming to lecture them.

Democrats should actively recruit more guys like this. Cain was the worst possible fit
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2017, 08:43:52 PM »

Served in the military

He is pretty much tailor-made for this district. Lucas St. Clair is an out of touch ultralib. Tim Rich is a crazy person. Craig Olson is a nobody.

Served in the military

Democrats should actively recruit more guys like this. Cain was the worst possible fit
Yeah, a Hillary clone was a dreadful choice, and the fact that she was handed the nomination in 2016 is embarrassing.

Had Troy Jackson won the primary in 2014 there's every likelihood he'd be the congressman from Maine's second district right now.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2017, 07:14:10 PM »

A PPP poll has "Generic Dem" up over Poliquin by one point a year out. Golden would be even more appealing to this district than "Generic Dem."

https://twitter.com/DKElections/status/918568910219223040
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2017, 07:20:42 PM »

Golden is a perfect fit and I sincerely hope he beats Poliquin.

I live in the first district, unfortunately.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2017, 07:44:04 PM »

Served in the military

He is pretty much tailor-made for this district. Lucas St. Clair is an out of touch ultralib. Tim Rich is a crazy person. Craig Olson is a nobody.

Served in the military

Yeah, a Hillary clone was a dreadful choice, and the fact that she was handed the nomination in 2016 is embarrassing.

Had Troy Jackson won the primary in 2014 there's every likelihood he'd be the congressman from Maine's second district right now.

Absolutely. Troy Jackson was perfect. Oh well.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2017, 04:18:00 PM »

Love Golden. Hopefully he can win the primary.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies