ME-02: Poliquin in denial (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:25:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME-02: Poliquin in denial (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-02: Poliquin in denial  (Read 65190 times)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« on: August 26, 2017, 09:05:46 PM »

Poliquin's seat is one of those seats that Dems NEED to pick-up if they have ANY shot at winning the house.

Not really.   It's very rural and extremely white.   I wouldn't call this a prime pickup opportunity. 

This is... a very simplistic analysis of the ME-2 that doesn't really comport with political reality. Given that it's an r+2, EC was an awful fit for the district, and 2014 and 2016 were awful Democratic years - this strikes me as an *ideal* pickup opportunity.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 03:03:50 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2017, 11:12:10 AM by Shameless Bernie Hack »

Poliquin's seat is one of those seats that Dems NEED to pick-up if they have ANY shot at winning the house.

Not really.   It's very rural and extremely white.   I wouldn't call this a prime pickup opportunity.  

I mean, swinging to trump implies there was somewhere to swing *from* in 2012. So New England #WWC are already ahead of say, KS #WWC.

Rural New England whites =/= other rural whites.  Come on man.

And still Northern Maine, Northern New Hampshire, and most eastern county of Vermont (Essex) swung rater heavily to Trump. So, i wouldn't call them "liberal heaven"... Some other areas - yes..
EDIT: late night atlas glitch, did *not* meant to empty quote lol.

Doesn't need to be a liberal heaven to win. Swinging to Trump means there was somewhere to swing from in 2012, which puts NE ahead of say, Kansas, Nebraska, etc. People need to stop treating the 2016 election as some sort of grand indicator of long term political loyalties - Trump and Clinton were both unique candidates with historically weird coalitions for their party.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 10:47:33 PM »

Holy fucking sh**t Bruce Poliquin is an absolute fucking idiot.

He's attacking Golden for his tattoos.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The GOP continues being an excellent party for the white working class.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies