ME-02: Poliquin in denial (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:59:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME-02: Poliquin in denial (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-02: Poliquin in denial  (Read 65117 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 27, 2017, 10:41:59 AM »

Now that Jared Golden is running, this is toss-up tilt-D (closer to lean D than tossup).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 11:46:30 AM »

Tossup. Generic ballot alone would suggest an even race, but I was wary of actually putting it in the tossup column due to what I thought was Poliquin's strength.

Poliquin isn't a great fit for the district, nor was he ever that popular.  The Democrats ran a candidate the past two cycles who was very well-connected within the state party establishment (hence Cain getting so much establishment support in her primary match against Jackson to the point that he simply couldn't compete even though he'd almost certainly have won the GE), but who was also an absolutely horrible fit for this district.  Golden seems like a strong recruit and I imagine we'll see a pretty solid swing here back to the Democrats.  I think we pick this seat up even if 2018 sees far fewer Democratic gains than expected (which I don't think will be the case).  Poliquin was on borrowed time imo and it was really just a question of when the ME Dems got their act together and recruited a solid candidate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies