ME-02: Poliquin in denial (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:04:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME-02: Poliquin in denial (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-02: Poliquin in denial  (Read 65133 times)
PoliticalShelter
« on: August 27, 2017, 08:06:49 PM »

Poliquin's seat is one of those seats that Dems NEED to pick-up if they have ANY shot at winning the house.

Not really.   It's very rural and extremely white.   I wouldn't call this a prime pickup opportunity. 

Rural New England whites =/= other rural whites.  Come on man.

Not saying they "Can't" win ME-2,  just saying that ME-2 isn't like the first district that would flip, or even part of the first dozen district to flip honestly.   

In the future I would really expect this district to move away from the Democrats, while there are plenty of seats around the country that will move toward them.

Hopefully in 2030 Maine will go down to an at-large district and we can forget those people are even up there.

Yes, because treating those voters as ignorant peasants is definitely a winning strategy for a state whose 3 electoral votes (post-2030), 2 Senate seats and an at-large House seat, of which it's entirely plausible to think of a scenario where Maine could mean the difference in a tight Electoral College or a tied Senate.
All coming from a poster who is from New Hampshire. Because of course.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies