To All: Should Dan Lipinski be Primaried?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:18:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  To All: Should Dan Lipinski be Primaried?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Poll
Question: D+6 District, voted 55-40 for Hillary.
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (I)

No (I)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 97

Author Topic: To All: Should Dan Lipinski be Primaried?  (Read 10317 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2017, 11:53:39 AM »

Thank god IL 3rd is made up of decent humans with good bearings and common sense, otherwise they would be deceived into voting for candidates who literally would only have backing from out of state nancy pelosi esq interest groups. Dan cares about the people, people like SJoyce are just looking to flip a seat, and ignore it afterwards.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2017, 01:03:18 PM »

The great people of IL-3 love Dan Lipinski, and he loves them back.  He's one of the best politicans in any party.  Independent, pro-life, handsome, flawless, etc.

White union Democrats are also the largest group in the democrat primary.  They are his people.

Even scarier to think this photo was taken in his 40s presumably.

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2017, 01:05:10 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2017, 06:30:25 PM by Virginia »

Thank god IL 3rd is made up of decent humans with good bearings and common sense, otherwise they would be deceived into voting for candidates who literally would only have backing from out of state nancy pelosi esq interest groups. Dan cares about the people, people like SJoyce are just looking to flip a seat, and ignore it afterwards.

i live in chicago
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2017, 01:13:50 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2017, 06:30:31 PM by Virginia »

i live in chicago

Ok, I'll concede that, but you are out of district.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2017, 01:19:09 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2017, 06:30:38 PM by Virginia »

i live in chicago

by roughly ten minutes, yes, i am an out of district agitator coming in across the dan ryan
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2017, 01:42:06 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2017, 06:30:47 PM by Virginia »

i live in chicago

by roughly ten minutes, yes, i am an out of district agitator coming in across the dan ryan

Preach brother!
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2017, 03:14:59 PM »

The real reason Lipinski should get primaried is that he represents the absolute worst of political dynasticism.
who ever said dynasticism was ever inheritly bad?

No one, but the circumstance by which Lipinski got into office is utter horse hockey.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2017, 03:17:41 PM »

The real reason Lipinski should get primaried is that he represents the absolute worst of political dynasticism.
who ever said dynasticism was ever inheritly bad?

No one, but the circumstance by which Lipinski got into office is utter horse hockey.
Well the circumstances he got there are irrelevant. He's done a good job ever since he was elected.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2017, 03:51:38 PM »

Yes, because he's "pro-life". I know this forum is usually fine with limiting women's rights, but for me, it's a deal breaker.
Over 60% endorse primarying him . Tongue
It's not because he's pro-life, it's because he's also fiscally conservative (or, rather, more conservative than the average Democrat).

Trust me, if he was Bernie Sanders on fiscal issues and pro-life this forum would be trumpeting him as a potential Democratic nominee in 2020.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2017, 04:14:35 PM »

Considering he didn't even endorse Obama in 2012 he really should be primared; along with his long list of pretty questionable views. Hopefully the upsurge in energy for the democrats will result in good candidates trying to primary the useless old goats (on all wings of the party) rather than throwing themselves at unwinnable seats.

You sound like a cheap imitation of a Super-PAC. It's ironic to talk about deception when Dan Lipinski got the seat because his dad not just pulled out after the primary; but then strong armed his son onto the ballot

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2017, 04:58:10 PM »

Yeah Dan Lipinski is just a one of those congresscitter vampire children whose dads got them a job as congressman. There's really no use in seeing him as a valuable person to the Dem coalition.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2017, 06:38:21 PM »

Yes, because he's "pro-life". I know this forum is usually fine with limiting women's rights, but for me, it's a deal breaker.
Over 60% endorse primarying him . Tongue
It's not because he's pro-life, it's because he's also fiscally conservative (or, rather, more conservative than the average Democrat).

Trust me, if he was Bernie Sanders on fiscal issues and pro-life this forum would be trumpeting him as a potential Democratic nominee in 2020.

This, 100%. Sanders won his district in the primary as well, so there's no good reason to believe that people in this district are inherently fiscally moderate or conservative. This was a large part of my argument.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2017, 10:09:20 PM »

Lol, this has less of a chance of working than even Swearingen in WV, XD, good luck, you will need more than it.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2017, 08:08:20 AM »

I love Dan Lipinski. We need him in Congress.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2017, 04:52:52 PM »

Of course bigots like you love Dan Lipinski.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2017, 05:01:49 PM »

Dan Lipinski represents the worst aspects of the Democratic Party. And stop using "It's a conservative district" as an excuse. Come on. They voted for Hillary Clinton. This isn't West Virginia. He's a bigot, he's evil, and he is a relic of an era that we're trying to move past. Being an anti-LGBT Democrat in a Democratic district isn't "cute." It's disgusting and harmful, and people defending Lipinski, you're better than this.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2017, 05:08:22 PM »

#KingDan
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2017, 01:44:48 AM »

Dan Lipinski represents the worst aspects of the Democratic Party. And stop using "It's a conservative district" as an excuse. Come on. They voted for Hillary Clinton. This isn't West Virginia. He's a bigot, he's evil, and he is a relic of an era that we're trying to move past. Being an anti-LGBT Democrat in a Democratic district isn't "cute." It's disgusting and harmful, and people defending Lipinski, you're better than this.

Stop giving Clinton percentages as justification for "running progressives" first. It's ancestrally Democratic, but socially conservative district (as were many working class districts in Midwest few years ago), which still votes mostly Democratic because of economics. A lot of people there are pro-life and, at least, not especially pro-LGBT. Democrats lost a lot of districts (beginning with South, and now, working class districts in Rust Belt) exactly because of their maniacal tendency to impose a "desired type of candidates" even where they absolutely don't fit. Do you want to lose this one too? Let people of the district decide it THEMSELVES!!! After all - you pretend to be not only Democrat, but democrat too, don't you?Huh
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2017, 01:02:53 PM »

Stop giving Clinton percentages as justification for "running progressives" first. It's ancestrally Democratic, but socially conservative district (as were many working class districts in Midwest few years ago), which still votes mostly Democratic because of economics. A lot of people there are pro-life and, at least, not especially pro-LGBT. Democrats lost a lot of districts (beginning with South, and now, working class districts in Rust Belt) exactly because of their maniacal tendency to impose a "desired type of candidates" even where they absolutely don't fit. Do you want to lose this one too? Let people of the district decide it THEMSELVES!!! After all - you pretend to be not only Democrat, but democrat too, don't you?Huh
For that matter, voting for Bernie in the primary was not because the Dems are left there, but rather based on dislike of Hillary. Dem areas in the district (not the Hispanic ones though) swung away from Dems, but this was made up for by places like Western Springs swinging Democratic.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2017, 01:17:59 PM »

I love how you aren't allowed to criticise any member of Congress without a hundred people coming out the woodwork claiming you want to abolish democracy.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2017, 11:40:23 PM »

In 2020: Should Donald Trump be beaten?

Atlas: no, the US is a socially conservative country, you authoritarian!
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2017, 11:42:31 PM »

Let people of the district decide it THEMSELVES!!!

Why bother having a Congressional elections forum then?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2017, 01:43:05 AM »

Let people of the district decide it THEMSELVES!!!

Why bother having a Congressional elections forum then?

Congressional elections exist exactly for purpose of  giving people of the districts the possibility to decide who represent them THEMSELVES, only this time - represent them in Washington (and that's the only distinction of congressional elections from state legislative). It's no one else's business. I really hate when anyone outside of district interferes in local electoral process, and it doesn't matter for me who they are - Koch brothers on Republican side or rich liberal Holliwood actors and producerson Democratic. They both are, essentially, the same for me. Such questions must be decided by local people, who decide whom to send to Washington (in Congressional case) to represent THEIR (not party or someone else) interests there...
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2017, 12:29:01 PM »

If that's the case, both you and I should be immediately banned as we are in no place to discuss or judge Americans for the choices they make.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2017, 12:35:46 PM »

If that's the case, both you and I should be immediately banned as we are in no place to discuss or judge Americans for the choices they make.

My new favorite.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies