What is the Political Geography of California? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:25:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What is the Political Geography of California? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the Political Geography of California?  (Read 2005 times)
catographer
Megameow
United States
« on: August 30, 2017, 04:32:51 PM »

^ The Bay Area reminds me old Soviet Union in at least two aspects - both are (were) leftist and, essentially, one party....

In Soviet Russia, Opposition is driven out

In Bay Area, Opposition drives itself out

No, i disageee politely. In Bay Area opposition is, essentially, driven out too. No one listens to you, no one respects you and your opinion, a lot - despise you openly. Who would like to live under such conditions and stress? Somewhat milder then in USSR, but not by lot... Political sorting at it's best...

Lol I live in the Bay Area. I don't find it particularly less tolerant than any other politically homogeneous region of the country. If you disagree from what most people believe, they're gonna dislike and be prejudice against you. That's true in essentially every polarized community. Now, the Bay Area is more ideologically diverse that it appears. We've got Bernie-types, actual communists, anarchists, moderate Democrats, conservatives and libertarians, even some Trump voters. We vote as a monolith, but when you dig down people are quite diverse. And don't forget, most people everywhere are actually not that political (almost half the country never votes, for example). But I'll grant that if you voted for Trump, 70% of the Bay Area immediately hates you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies