George Washington Only Serves One Term
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:51:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  George Washington Only Serves One Term
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George Washington Only Serves One Term  (Read 430 times)
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 30, 2017, 04:37:21 AM »

In 1792, George Washington steps down after one term, much like how he had wanted to in real life but could not. When he had dropped out of the race, John Adams quickly became the Federalist candidate for the election. As he became the candidate, George Clinton becomes the Democratic-Republican nomination and John Adams wants Pickney to be his vice president and Clinton wants Jefferson for his vice president.

At the end of the day, John Adams starts his presidency four years earlier than it did in real life. He wins 83 electoral votes and Clinton wins Virginia, Kentucky, both Carolina's and Georgia for a total of 49 electoral votes. Charles Pickney becomes vice president since all the votes voted for Adams besides one, making him have 82 electoral votes.

I know that this may not be 100% like what real life would be, but the point is that John Adams becomes the second president and does so four years prior. My next post will be explaining his presidency and the election of 1796. I will try to do one or two posts a day during the duration of this timeline.

If there is a better electoral map that would represent Adams becoming president here and Pickney becoming vice president then you can let me know.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies