HI-GOV: Hanabusa Announces
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:58:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  HI-GOV: Hanabusa Announces
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: HI-GOV: Hanabusa Announces  (Read 2716 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2017, 10:20:55 PM »

Why would anyone want to spend all their time commuting between Hawaii and Washington, DC, when you could be living in Hawaii?

^^^
I agree, she's probably sick of all the commuting, and maybe doesn't feel good about Dem chances at winning back the House. Probably would rather be the executive of a state that heavily favors her party, and doesn't have to commute, than to be a minority party backbencher in DC.

I didn't think about that. You're resetting your clock five hours forward/backward twice a week. To say nothing of the insane amount of time spent on airplanes.

Do Hawaii's representatives come home every week like everyone else? It just seems like an absurd demand to make.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2017, 11:05:23 PM »

I really wish there was a Mormon Democrat who wasn't Mufi Hanneman who could run for Hanabusa's House seat.

Mormon Democrats that aren't blue dogs are great. Reid + the Udall's are pretty much it though.

Mo Denis (one of Reid's many proteges, and the one I wanted to run for Senate), was pretty good too. It's honestly my quest to watch each and every Mormon Democrat running for office, anywhere in the US.

Except for Mufi Hanneman, he's still awful.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2017, 03:45:27 PM »

I really wish there was a Mormon Democrat who wasn't Mufi Hanneman who could run for Hanabusa's House seat.

Mormon Democrats that aren't blue dogs are great. Reid + the Udall's are pretty much it though.

Mo Denis (one of Reid's many proteges, and the one I wanted to run for Senate), was pretty good too. It's honestly my quest to watch each and every Mormon Democrat running for office, anywhere in the US.

Do you not like his job as HLTA? Or his programs for the Honolulu rail project and homelessness while Mayor? Or his support from AFL-CIO?

I really don't get why you don't like him.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2017, 05:21:23 PM »

Do you not like his job as HLTA? Or his programs for the Honolulu rail project and homelessness while Mayor? Or his support from AFL-CIO?

I really don't get why you don't like him.
He's got a reputation for conservatism in a place that really doesn't need it, and is a perennial candidate.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2017, 05:44:56 AM »

You'd think she'd primary Hirono instead, given her health issues...try to force her out of the race.

lol. NEVER become a political strategist. By running for Senate, not only would Hanabusa get crushed by Hirono, she'd permanently destroy her reputation. As opposed to running for governor, where she's favored to win. Her age would make governor a more fitting job than senator anyway, considering how much Hawaii cares about seniority.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies