Abortion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:52:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Abortion (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 60190 times)
MarkDel

« on: March 21, 2004, 02:51:21 AM »
« edited: March 21, 2004, 02:52:29 AM by MarkDel »

The south inherently benefits from our tax system.  Since the north is more costly to live in, people are paid more and therefore taxed more...  when that money is sent to Washington it is not redistributed accordingly.  

People below the poverty line in the south earn the same as people below the poverty line in the north even though the cost of living is far cheaper in the south.  A meager salary that would be considered poor in the northeast would be fine in the South yet these people are entitled to welfare.  And who loses out?  Me.  

I'm sorry but these people don't even want to get an education.  I resent the fact that my tax dollars go to pay their way when all they can do with their school systems is try and get creationism taught in schools in Georgia and Alabama.  Then they wonder why jobs are outsourcing from those states and high skilled jobs don't come in.

I would like to see a regional tax system put into place.  Whereby everyone pays for some national things like national defense.  But by and large everything else goes into a regional pool.  So my tax money doesn't go towards funding schools in Georgia or welfare systems in South Carolina.  It goes against the principles of federalism that I am funding these types of christian-zealous school systems with my tax dollars.

Your whole premise is total off.  While it remains true that it is more expensive to live in the the north (for the most part) it is also true that the median income in the south is only half that of the north (for the most part).

Supersoulty,

How dare you cite an actual fact to disprove CTguy's "brilliant" theory about Southerners "draining" the Federal Tax system because they're all a bunch of poorly educated, inbreds, who sit around on their ass all day and collect welfare. What an elitist pr*ck this CTguy is...
MarkDel

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 02:34:48 PM »

CTGuy,

A truly outstanding use of "smoke and mirrors" on your part. You have created an essentially truthful analogy, however you ignore one important fact that blows the  out of your overall point:

WELFARE ELIGIBILITY IS DETERMINED ON A STATE BY STATE BASIS, NOT BASED ON A FEDERAL DETERMINATION OF WHAT CONSTITUTES THE POVERTY LINE.

As a result, your logically coherent analogy means absolutely nothing within the context of reality.

By the way, in different threads, you have implied that you attended Harvard, and in other threads you implied that you attended Yale. Since you love to brag about your education, I would love to match mine up against yours. I also possess a number of quasi-useless degrees, including one from the Woodrow Wilson School, and I like nothing better than debating pompous, elitist, left wing pigs like yourself.
MarkDel

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 02:50:22 PM »

Gustaf,

Yes, my post was intentionally pompous to make a point. I'm trying to show CTGuy that there are numerous people on this forum who can "play the education card" with substantial success, so I believe that this strategy that he employed in some of his previous posts is essentialy counter-productive.

Supersoulty,

I think CTGuy understood exactly what your point was, he was merely attempting to promote his particular point of view through the use of partial data that tended to bolster his case. He knew full well that his analysis was incomplete....he was just spinning as we like to say in the political game.
MarkDel

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 03:05:12 PM »

Gustaf,

Sure there is. People can provide their real name and others can contact universities to verify that this person did in fact graduate from that particular institution.
MarkDel

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 03:19:43 PM »

CTGuy,

I assume your reference to me as "you people" implies that I'm from the South. Well, unfortunately I am not from the South. I moved to Florida less than two years ago. I was born and raised in Upstate New York. Like you, I was fortunate/unfortunate enough to attend an Ivy League school (Princeton), though I am humiliated by the idea that people will think of you and I as peers. Until 2002, the farthest south I lived was Washington, DC when I worked on Capitol Hill.

Contrary to the "straw man" you have created, I have no interest in teaching evolution or any other form of religious beliefs.

And just so you know, I turned down Yale when I got accepted at Princeton...
MarkDel

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 03:23:05 PM »

Gustaf,

I would never ask you to provide that sort of data. I know you're an intelligent and thoughtful guy without seeing your academic credentials. Just because we disagree on some issues, it doesn't mean I don't respect your intelligence and your opinions. Unlike CTGuy, you don't go around flaunting your education while telling everyone else they're morons.
MarkDel

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 03:35:05 PM »

Supersoulty,

I certainly know who David Kozak is, National War College, right?
MarkDel

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2004, 03:46:10 PM »

Supersoulty,

No, but I read a book he wrote for some reason...not sure why. As I recall, he was something of an academic up and comer in conservative circles in the 1980's.

Gustaf and JFK,

I do tend to forget that you two guys are so young. Both of you are mature beyond your years.
MarkDel

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 12:05:56 AM »

Supersoulty,

No, but I read a book he wrote for some reason...not sure why. As I recall, he was something of an academic up and comer in conservative circles in the 1980's.

Gustaf and JFK,

I do tend to forget that you two guys are so young. Both of you are mature beyond your years.

He's acctually a Democrat, but in the Catholic conservative tradition.  He worked to co-author a book with Ken Duberstien, who was Reagan top political advisor.  I'm glad you have read his book.  So have I (obviously).  He acctually has two more I think and is coming out with another one soon that wil feature a graph on congress that I did for one of his classes.

Anyway, after he retired from the Air Force, he came back to Gannon and then went to West Point for three years and now he is back.  He's a great guy.  I think he knows everyone there is to know in politics.  And he is a HUGE help to his students when it comes to placement after college.

That's so awesome that you know of him.  I'll have to tellhim about that.

Supersoulty,

It's possible that I know who he is because of his association with Duberstein, who is obviously a pretty popular guy in Conservative circles. My memory is failing me here, so it's also possible that I am thinking of a different professor from the War College...not sure to be quite honest. But the name sounds very familiar and I think I read a book by him a few years back.
MarkDel

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 12:23:01 AM »

Supersoulty,

Maybe, but the guy I'm thinking of is very conservative...highly doubtful that he would be a member of the Democratic Party. The guy I'm thinking of is a big pro-military guy who used to teach at the War College, and he's not that old, maybe late 40's at most.
MarkDel

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2004, 12:24:32 AM »

Supersoulty,

By the way, I remember reading that you were a Civil War buff. One of my professors in college was James McPherson...very, very cool guy.
MarkDel

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2004, 12:39:23 AM »

Supersoulty,

Then it must be the same Kozak...like you said, what are the odds?
MarkDel

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2004, 12:56:06 AM »

No, but it was about the Department of Defense.
MarkDel

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2004, 01:03:30 AM »

Supersoulty,

Do you know who James McPherson is?
MarkDel

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2004, 10:13:16 PM »

No, but it was about the Department of Defense.

Hey, Mark, I aked Kozak if he had ever writen a book on the Defense Deptartment.  he said he had.  It must be him.  I just read your thing about James MacPherson (I missed it before)  THat's awesome.

Supersoulty,

Then it's gotta be him. Unless I missed the point of the book, he's pretty damn right wing!!!

As for McPherson, that guy is awesome. I recommend reading his book "Odeal by Fire" if you are a Civil War nut.
MarkDel

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 10:43:51 PM »

I have an honest question for you:  when was the last time you did something wrong?

Can you answer?

It seems to me as though you can do no wrong.

Clearly, calling people "idiots" and "morons" isn't a personal attack in your mind, but when I point out the fact that you are an arrogant bastard, you freak out about personal attacks.  Clearly, you have some sort of rampid inferiority complex because you can't seem to make a single post without mentioning how great you are and how stupid and worthless everyone else is.

I believe in the end, it all comes down to the fact that I have the satisfation of knowing that people like you don't make it very far in life, so with that I'll leave you alone to ponder how you are so wonderful and how there must be something wrong with the rest of us for not having achieved your level of perfection.

Supersoulty,

You seem like such a nice guy that I hate to be the one who tells you this..but you're wrong about people like CTGuy. The truth is that SCUMBAGS like him actually do better in life than decent human beings....much better. While many wonderful people are successful in life, it's a sad, sad fact that pieces of human garbage like CTGuy, with their elitist attitude and cutthroat arrogance, tend to fare quite well in the business world. I've seen it over and over again. So I would assume that CTGuy, despite his big mouth, will fare quite well financially...that's assuming that he doesn't run into the wrong sort at some point in his life...the sort who counter his piss poor attitude with a proper dose of 9MM to the forehead.
MarkDel

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 11:01:43 PM »

CTGuy,

I'm the phony??? You were the p*ssy who wouldn't agree to meet me in New York City, you with your diploma, and me with mine.
MarkDel

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 11:07:14 PM »

Sun exposure??? You're just a p*ssy. Worse yet, you're a p*ssy who has been caught in wild inconsistencies concerning your academic and business records.
MarkDel

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 11:25:17 PM »

Widener University for Law School, but you are forgetting the Masters Degree from Syracuse.
MarkDel

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 11:28:19 PM »

No, that's #2 in Basket Weaving. I enjoyed it soooo much more than the four years of dealing with pompous Ivy League pr*cks like you.
MarkDel

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2004, 11:32:59 PM »

CTGuy,

I have to throw rhetorical punches at people like you on forums...it prevents me from making use of my 9MM on people like you in real life. It's therapy, much like the therapy you need from a true mental health professional. Me, I use forums like this as a cathartic release so I don't go around in real life smacking the smug expression off the faces of people like you.
MarkDel

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2004, 11:34:14 PM »

CTGuy,

By the way, at least have the decency to go back into the California thread and admit I busted you...you were dead wrong about California having the right to break into multiple states.
MarkDel

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2004, 11:36:37 PM »

So lying about attending an ivy league school is therapy for you, thus removing the inadequacies you feel about liberals being smarter than you.

Oh no, you're right....I feel so inadequate next to a person of your obviously superior intelligence...I don't know how I'll cope...
MarkDel

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2004, 11:39:02 PM »

Golly gee, maybe if I work really hard and eat all my veggies, I can develop the brain power of CTGuy. And then I too can be the most hated man on this forum...even among Democrats...
MarkDel

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2004, 03:23:25 PM »

I've changed my opinion on CTguy, he is either a troll or a mental case...no one could seriously argue like that...

Gustaf,

Actually, he's a little of both...
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies