Abortion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:18:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Abortion (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 60180 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« on: March 20, 2004, 01:53:30 PM »

ctguy, if it is not rude to ask, how much do you earn in a year? because it must be quite a lot if you pay 50% in tax.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 02:23:24 PM »

ok, I was just wondering, because I don't know much about US taxing but my dad earns like £66k before tax and has just under £60k after tax I think which is about 6.6% so I was thinking you must earn a hell of a lot for 50% tax.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 04:52:03 PM »

wow, that is just incredible, what is the average wage then?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 04:58:58 PM »

yikes, what is the currency of Sweden? I thought it was part of the EU?

that is ridiculous, doesn't sweden have a really high standard of living though?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 05:04:26 PM »

heh, was just wondering if the people see so little of the money they earn.....
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 05:08:52 PM »

we get free schooling and healthcare that is paid for through taxes so i suppose in a way we pay for it and we aren't THAT highly taxed.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 05:20:43 PM »

that is quite a lot of money in my opinion soulty.....
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 06:05:18 PM »

2550 a month?

that times 12 is $30600 i think so that is pretty low.....
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2004, 03:39:23 PM »

Gustaf,

I would never ask you to provide that sort of data. I know you're an intelligent and thoughtful guy without seeing your academic credentials. Just because we disagree on some issues, it doesn't mean I don't respect your intelligence and your opinions. Unlike CTGuy, you don't go around flaunting your education while telling everyone else they're morons.

even if you did ask him to provide credentials, gustaf is only 16, they would just be records of his high school Wink lol
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2004, 03:40:39 PM »

CTGuy,

A truly outstanding use of "smoke and mirrors" on your part. You have created an essentially truthful analogy, however you ignore one important fact that blows the  out of your overall point:

WELFARE ELIGIBILITY IS DETERMINED ON A STATE BY STATE BASIS, NOT BASED ON A FEDERAL DETERMINATION OF WHAT CONSTITUTES THE POVERTY LINE.

As a result, your logically coherent analogy means absolutely nothing within the context of reality.

By the way, in different threads, you have implied that you attended Harvard, and in other threads you implied that you attended Yale. Since you love to brag about your education, I would love to match mine up against yours. I also possess a number of quasi-useless degrees, including one from the Woodrow Wilson School, and I like nothing better than debating pompous, elitist, left wing pigs like yourself.

Show me one thread where I implied I went to Harvard?  I would never claim such a thing as I can't stand people from Harvard.  I went to Yale for my undergrad and NYU for my Masters degree.

The smoke and mirrors as you put it was Bullsh*t on your part.  Of course I would not expect you to understand the way the economy works but entitlement programs are not merely given to individuals as determined by a state level but we have government programs that funnel money to states, of which the South is the main beneficiary.  

The reason perhaps that you feel people from the northeast are arrogant towards you is because people with advanced degrees in a subject get sick and tired of debating with people who have a dogmatic religious view on life...  the kind who have barely mastered the English language.  

Next you are going to claim Evolution is bunk and Creationism should be taught in classroom...  as it is in many Southern PUBLIC schools.

CTguy man, you are seriously patronising and really quite rude.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2004, 03:41:14 PM »

Gustaf,

I would never ask you to provide that sort of data. I know you're an intelligent and thoughtful guy without seeing your academic credentials. Just because we disagree on some issues, it doesn't mean I don't respect your intelligence and your opinions. Unlike CTGuy, you don't go around flaunting your education while telling everyone else they're morons.

Lol, thanks, I was mostly joking anyway...at the age of 16 I don't have a lot of education credentials anyway... Wink

grrrrrrrrr you always do this!!!!! i start posting just as you post!!!!!!!! lol
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2004, 03:45:07 PM »

supersoulty, with such a high iq do you find it hard to communicate with others in real life? because apparently there is some sort of correlation in that those with very high iq's find it very hard to communicate with the average person easily.

JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2004, 03:51:20 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2004, 03:51:37 PM by JohnFKennedy »

thank you mark.

Btw I did the model UN last Saturday and Sunday, lots of fun, unfortunately I was a little out of my league with some people who seemed to know every resolution passed by the UN compared to my sparing knowledge.

Damn N. Korea and Russia spoke against my resolution (which was passed at the GA anyway)

Russian girl was rather rude by saying it was a terrible resolution because it didn't say enough in it whereas she had bored everyone to death with a resolution 3 pages long!!!! lol
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2004, 03:56:02 PM »

Supersoulty,

No, but I read a book he wrote for some reason...not sure why. As I recall, he was something of an academic up and comer in conservative circles in the 1980's.

Gustaf and JFK,

I do tend to forget that you two guys are so young. Both of you are mature beyond your years.

'We are the world...we are the children...'

I can be immature when I want to... Wink

same, Gustaf, when I am Prime Minister of Britain and you President of Sweden, let us forge a great alliance!!!!!!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2004, 04:01:12 PM »

Supersoulty,

No, but I read a book he wrote for some reason...not sure why. As I recall, he was something of an academic up and comer in conservative circles in the 1980's.

Gustaf and JFK,

I do tend to forget that you two guys are so young. Both of you are mature beyond your years.

'We are the world...we are the children...'

I can be immature when I want to... Wink

same, Gustaf, when I am Prime Minister of Britain and you President of Sweden, let us forge a great alliance!!!!!!

Yo were gonna make me king, remember? Smiley Not president, we don't even have them...

really? I thought Sweden had a president, a prime minister?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2004, 04:04:17 PM »

heh, are they always from the same party?Huh? that is the ones who win
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2004, 04:18:51 PM »

cool, this was just a weekend thing, was fun though, the school that runs this one is Westminster school, it is literally backing onto Westminster Abbey just round the corner from the Houses of Parliament, was nice to see them up close, kinda makes one feel proud. They do two a year, hopefully next time I will be a more interesting country than Federated States of Micronesia though lol, we are going to try and get USA.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2004, 04:30:55 PM »

it is a school that organises it, I don't think it requires too much planning, it is pretty student run, I think the teachers tell them what to do and teach the students how it works and then the students run it as all the chair people were students as were the press.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2004, 04:34:39 PM »

I want to try and get my school to organise it, so I can be the press and print loads of rubbish - all it was was making fun of people and making up scandals, a bit of a laugh really.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2004, 04:38:55 PM »

No no no, you misunderstand, what the press do is mainly making fun of people and making up scandals. The actual thing was on the majority pretty serious with humour interjected to make it more enjoyable.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2004, 04:43:46 PM »

Wink we aren't THAT immature over here, I was actually probably the youngest there along with a friend who was mainly there to meet girls, you know it surprising how many girls have boyfriends who are kickboxing world champions or like 6ft4 15 stone guys and stuff like that lol.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2004, 04:48:53 PM »

well, more him lol, i just read all the messages, at one point the messengers (also students) got really annoyed with my delegation because we were playing hangman and noughts and crosses with like 10 other people across the room from us and they had to deliver the messages, they eventually realised what was going on and whenever we gave them a message to sent they checked it wasn't stuff like that.

I took most of it seriously though there were a few bits where I got a bit bored - short attention span, hadn't had my shreddies Wink
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2004, 04:57:45 PM »

heh, by the way, you didn't answer my question before soulty, just tell me if you don't wish to answer it because it is a bit personal.

Do you find it harder to communicate easily with the average person because it has been theorised that people with very high iqs find it difficult to communicate with the average person. Being a debater with a rather high iq (around 135ish I think) I can say that I occassionally have trouble communicating with others and for the first 4 years at my school was incredibly shy, not so any more, gained confidence Cheesy.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2004, 04:58:32 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2004, 04:58:53 PM by JohnFKennedy »

heh, are they always from the same party?Huh? that is the ones who win

Yes, they're all from the SAP, which has ruled Sweden for 63 out of the last 72 years. They have 3 consecutive election victories behind them now...they almost never lose.

ouch man, that kinda sucks, maybe you should switch parties Wink or become more famous by being one of the few NOT from the SAP. Your slogan could be "The SAP is for saps."
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2004, 05:04:09 PM »

LOL, my friend managed to change a resolution Canada tried to pass about everyone having to buy timber from Canada so that it included sand from Saudi Arabia and Rain from UK lol.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies