Abortion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:41:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Abortion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 60153 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: March 18, 2004, 10:18:43 AM »

The moment the sperm hits the egg its life. Abortion is murder plain and simple, no way around it. If you don't believe me go to:

www.abortiontv.com

Its disturbing but TRUE. If you think anyone has the right to go into the fetus of a woman and chop a baby up by its arms, legs, and head, and suck it out with a vaccum you are sick.

Why in some states if you kill a pregnant woman do you get charged with double murder? I thought the baby isn't "alive". lol What hypocrites.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »

If you got married and your wife told you she was going to abort your baby whether you like it or not, what would you do? If you told your whole family that she was pregnant made plans and everything and then your wife came and told you she wanted to abort, would you be upset? And if you supported her I bet you wouldn't sit their and watch the murder be done, would you?

You know, I do respect people who think that abortion is murder.  I don't agree with them but I respect their right to hold their opinion.  Just as long as it's not based solely on the bible and any dogmatic religious views.  

We have a separation of Church and State.  I also don't really sympathize with Christians who say "Thou Shalt not Kill" and then are the first to bang the drum to go to war or to execute someone.

This isn't to say that everyone who is against abortion is a religious fanatic.  I do know some people who are against abortion and the death penalty because they are bleeding hearts and feel terrible about the idea of killing babies.  Again, I totally disagree with them, but I empathize with them.  

With that said, if these people really think abortion is murder, why have they, through the years been so focused on stopping interracial marriage, gay marriage, civil rights, integration, immigration, the separation of church and state...  I mean you'd think this issue would take precedence if they believed abortion was murder...  I mean what bigger issue could you have than mass murders...  thousands a weeks...?

I just watched a program on A&E dealing with the civil rights movement...  One of the religious principles the KKK used against integration was that the bible teaches us that different races should remain separate... as one Klan leader put it "You don't see different fish in the sea swimming in the same schools."  It's just amazing that religious people take up wedge issues like that rather than focusing on the real problems in society like the huge poor population in this country (who tend to be the most religious of any group)...  what about helping their fellow christian man rather than creating these wedge issues that divide the country and solve nothing!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 10:46:44 AM »

So you think out of 300 million Americans. "The vast majority" want it legal? Get real.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 10:52:24 AM »

I will no longer respond to any of your snobbish posts. You are a waste of my time. Go back to hanging out with your Yale buddies.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 11:01:54 AM »

Well at least a dairy farmer is more honest work then a congressman who takes money all day and doesn't do a think for our country. I dont milk cows, but I'm sure you couldn't.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 12:37:43 PM »

Well, around here people still have morals and realize that abortion is MURDER. Their are plenty of people here that are PRO-Life. I think if a county commissioner here stood for abortion they'd be voted out in a second.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 02:09:41 AM »

Typical liberal arguments :

Conservative : I think abortion is murder

Liberal response : You're anti-woman!!!

Conservative : Homosexuality disgusts me

Liberal response : You're a bigot that hates women, blacks and every other minority alive!

Conservative : I'm from the south and have no shame in saying that.

Liberal Response:  I bet you are you racist pig! I bet you wear sheets to don't you?

As you see most liberals on this board use these arguments, (ct guy), instead of trying to have a thoughtful debate they go right for the throat. Most mainstream Republicans are fed up with being cordial to Democrats and getting stabbed in the back in return.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 01:05:30 PM »

I don't hate them, I hate their lifestyle. Anyways, we'll see what side is right when they face God.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 01:13:56 PM »

Did Jesus hate Mary Magdelene or her lifestyle? You can hate someones lifestyle and not the person.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 01:23:30 PM »

Ok fine Jesus disliked Mary Magdelene for being a prostitute, but that doesn't mean he hated HER.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2004, 01:28:09 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2004, 01:28:39 PM by StatesRights »

Quit putting words in my mouth. I said I hate their lifestyle. And yes, if they continue with their lifestyle they will be condemned by God. And I never said they were like pedophiles. I think Brambilla said that.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2004, 02:20:51 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2004, 02:26:45 AM by StatesRights »

Quit putting words in my mouth. I said I hate their lifestyle. And yes, if they continue with their lifestyle they will be condemned by God. And I never said they were like pedophiles. I think Brambilla said that.

I don't think that using the word hate in this context is proper if you wish to convey the fact that you find there life-style sinful or wrong.  Christ didn't hate anything or anyone.  Hate is a very powerful word.  i would use it far more sparingly than you have and certainly not tin this context.

Just adding, if you believe that it is a sinful life stle then that is your opinion.  But to say that Christ hated anything is a gross misinterpretation of what he stood for.

Ok, strong dislike if you want it that way. Either way Jesus strongly disliked sin, but you can strongly dislike the sin and love the sinner. To say Jesus was all peace all the time would be flawed. Remember the money changers at the temple? And BTW God does say he HATES sin. He sees it as flawing his creation, which is true.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2004, 02:21:59 AM »

Typical liberal arguments :

Conservative : I think abortion is murder

Liberal response : You're anti-woman!!!

Conservative : Homosexuality disgusts me

Liberal response : You're a bigot that hates women, blacks and every other minority alive!

Conservative : I'm from the south and have no shame in saying that.

Liberal Response:  I bet you are you racist pig! I bet you wear sheets to don't you?

As you see most liberals on this board use these arguments, (ct guy), instead of trying to have a thoughtful debate they go right for the throat. Most mainstream Republicans are fed up with being cordial to Democrats and getting stabbed in the back in return.

You are far from a mainstream republican.  Htmldon would be an example of a mainstream republican.  You would be an example of a zealous christian fanatic that no-one does nor should take seriously... your 146 IQ notwithstanding...  ahaha, yeah right.

CTguy, many many mainstream Christians feel the way I do, believe me I know, they just dont speak about it out loud in public.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2004, 02:24:17 AM »

OK, sorry then, you're easy to mix up. But apart from that nothing was wrong with my post, now was there? And it in no way changes my argument. And you don't put words in people's mouth with your constant attacks on 'liberals' and 'Democrats'? Like the 'liberal argument' post?

I'm sorry but thats the first thing CTGuy did was charged at me with a personal attack and insult. Not even tried to discuss the issue with me. Now if he did that and got a little upset and spouted off, well thats cool I understand that it gets a little heated. But the first thing he wants to do is go off on a tirade about how ignorant southerners are, blah blah blah. Don't crucify me for shooting back. I shouldn't do it, but their is a time to stand up for ones self.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2004, 02:25:26 AM »

I doubt it will be.  Look how organized the religious fanatics are.

To you if you have any belief in any sort of God or organized religion you are immediately a "religious fanatic". Give it a rest.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2004, 03:25:31 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Many Southerners want an education. Oh, and BTW most of that money is funding social programs in the south that benefit minorities, the same minorities which you claim to be a big supporter of. But I do agree with you that I can't stand my hard earned tax money going to fun someone who doesn't want a job and only wants to collect a check.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2004, 10:00:29 AM »

[quote}
It doesn't just go to minorities.  Anyways when did I claim I wanted to do anything for minorities.  I don't support affirmative action or special programs.  I support equal rights for all... not special rights.  When I am taxed upwards of 50% of my salary that I work hard for, yes you like to laugh and make jokes that I went to Yale but it annoys me to no end that I made my money not by affirmative action or having rich parents and now my money goes to pay for people who are lazy.  

I agree with you 100%. Give a man a fish he eats for a day, give a man a fish and he eats for a lifetime. I respect that you went to Yale, its just that so many that went there are not down to earth. I went to private/catholic school for 12 years got a 1100 on my SAT but couldn't afford college. Fifty percent of my salary doesn't go to taxes, but a fair amount does and it aggravates me to no end that someone who is perfectly capable of working, isn't.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2004, 02:24:43 AM »

Can you show me any documentation at all that "most" southerners dont want an education? Maybe "most" southerners feel that just because you go to a college you are not smarter then someone who didn't. Creationism should be taught alongside evolution and the students should be allowed to determine where they stand. Shoving either one side or the other down a students throat is unfair. And actually many jobs are flowing into the south. The souths is really starting to industrialize.

I think a national sales tax would be better. Anything but the IRS which is on shaky constitutional ground to begin with.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2004, 02:53:39 AM »

Amen brother!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 07:14:57 PM »

bumperoo
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2005, 09:06:12 AM »

And Emsworth, there is a perfectly good 'constitutional justification' for the courts to intervene - the right to privacy.
The "right to privacy" is a legal fiction and a manufacture of unsound reasoning during Earl Warren's tenure.

Amen that that Emsworth. Why don't you wear a yellow avatar though?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies