Concession Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:54:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Concession Speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Concession Speech  (Read 1946 times)
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 20, 2005, 09:31:56 PM »

Well, I must admit I am surprised. I knew this was going to be an uphill battle for me: A tough race with two excellent opponents and an almost entirely new district, but I didn't think the results would turn out the way they did. That said, hats off to Ebowed, who clearly ran an excellent and effective campaign and who resonated with District 4 voters far better than I could. I wish him nothing but luck in the Senate and I hope he serves his district well. As for me, I'd like to thank those in the old District 1, who sent me to the Senate in the first place, and those in District 4 who voted for me this weekend. Dave bless.

MHS2002
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 09:34:28 PM »

Nice job, MHS. Better luck next time. Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 09:34:47 PM »

Don't worry, MHS; it surprised me too. Smiley  I'm honored to have your concession and wish you luck in your last week in the Senate.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 09:38:13 PM »

Well I haven't voted yet and have (had) every intention of voting for you but I guess it doesn't matter how I vote. But I guess I still need to vote so I don't get a * by my name for not voting.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 09:41:58 PM »

You tried hard, MHS.  Better luck next time.  Smiley
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 09:46:00 PM »

You were one of the best Senators while you served MHS. Hopefully, you'll find a way back.

Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2005, 10:04:12 PM »

*salute*

Thank you for carrying the torch with honor and dignity and thank you to those that had the courage to cast their ballots for your cause.

Brandon H, it always matters how you vote.  Like I took great pains to point out in another thread Smiley, it does not matter whether it puts someone over the top or not.  Thank you for, as a conservative, voting for the conservative candidate.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 10:10:51 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2005, 10:12:43 PM by SoD Porce »

Don, please cut the traitor crap.  First anyone who doesn't blindly follow Bush is a traitor.  Dave Leip has "betrayed" the forum for letting NixonNow back in.  Now anyone who didn't vote for the conservative doesn't get your respect.

You give MHS2002 a bad name by posting your stupid stuff in his thread.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2005, 10:15:49 PM »

Thank you for, as a conservative, voting for the conservative candidate.
In the March 2005 Gubernatorial election between Harry and StatesRights, you voted for Harry.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005, 10:16:51 PM »

I was thanking BrandonH for voting for a candidate that most closely followed his beliefs.  There are sometimes when, and I include myself in this, we vote for people based on personalities or personal disagreements rather than genuine ideological issues.

I fail to see what is wrong with that, but I am sure you can find something wrong with everything that I do or say so I should not be surprised by that.

Don, please cut the traitor crap.  First anyone who doesn't blindly follow Bush is a traitor.  Dave Leip has "betrayed" the forum for letting NixonNow back in.  Now anyone who didn't vote for the conservative doesn't get your respect.

You give MHS2002 a bad name by posting your stupid stuff in his thread.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2005, 10:18:03 PM »

In the March 2005 Gubernatorial election between Harry and StatesRights, you voted for Harry.

Hmm.. and yet in another thread you called me a "Partisan Hack".
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2005, 10:18:31 PM »

In the words of Philip, what does this have to do with anything?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2005, 10:21:02 PM »

Yes; you are a partisan hack against StatesRights.  Remember that, oh, what was it, "Vote the Crook" campaign??  You called States a segregationist.

Either way, you're implying, as you always are, something.  The conservatives who voted for me didn't vote for the person who was closest to their beliefs.  Am I right?  Are you bitching at Jake, Ben Meyers, Bono, and whoever else because they didn't vote for MHS?  Yeah.  Cut the traitor crap.

In the words of Philip, what does this have to do with anything?
Hypocrisy is always relevant.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2005, 10:21:55 PM »

you made a good clean run MHS!  Hopefully you'll find some office you can run too Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2005, 10:22:26 PM »

you made a good clean run MHS! Hopefully you'll find some office you can run too Smiley
I agree.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2005, 10:22:57 PM »

So?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2005, 10:26:47 PM »

Silly rabbit, States is for secession not segregation. Tongue
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2005, 10:28:58 PM »

Yes; you are a partisan hack against StatesRights.  Remember that, oh, what was it, "Vote the Crook" campaign??  You called States a segregationist.

Either way, you're implying, as you always are, something.  The conservatives who voted for me didn't vote for the person who was closest to their beliefs.  Am I right?  Are you bitching at Jake, Ben Meyers, Bono, and whoever else because they didn't vote for MHS?  Yeah.  Cut the traitor crap.

I never mentioned any of those names nor called any of them "traitors".   They have every right to their vote, no matter how much I may disagree.  I was merely thanking a forum member for the way he voted.  I do not see how this is so controversial, but of course everything is controversial with you.

I was incredibly disappointed, as anyone with my beliefs would be, with the choices presented in the States vs. Harry race.  I did what I did and said what I said because of my beliefs and out of sheer flustration.

States is the one who placed Confederate insignia in his signature.  He also had George Wallace in his signature.  Last time I checked, Wallace was a segregationist.

I did not oppose Harry quite so much until he did the same with the SAP logo.  Had I known then what I know now, I would have been unable to vote for either candidate in that race.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2005, 10:32:41 PM »

Yes; you are a partisan hack against StatesRights.

Um.. I don't believe that either States or Harry were members of my forum Party... and States, the candidate I opposed, at least used to have a blue avatar.... I'm really not sure where you're going with this one.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2005, 10:33:19 PM »

*waits patiently for MHS to call in security to remove the rabblerousers* Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2005, 10:36:29 PM »

I never mentioned any of those names nor called any of them "traitors".
Notice the word "implied."  Don, you imply stuff all the time, don't pretend you never do.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
...And calling out all the conservatives who didn't vote for MHS at the same time.

So you stand by your vote, and your comments, yet admitting they were based on frustration?

If I place Confederate insignia in my signature, does that make me a Confederate?

He renounced segregation in the late 1970s.

Yeah, because someone who has pride in their region is obviously a neo confederate, secessionist, and advocates slavery.

Yes; you are a partisan hack against StatesRights.

Um.. I don't believe that either States or Harry were members of my forum Party... and States, the candidate I opposed, at least used to have a blue avatar.... I'm really not sure where you're going with this one.
By being a partisan hack against StatesRights, you: try and force your party leader into voting against the person.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=24302.0

While I'm sure Sam appreciates the feedback, the letter sounds almost forceful.

"Please remember that the entire Union Party membership in the southeast including myself, ThePrezMex, Cash, and our newest member Q have cast our ballots to re-elect Governor Dubya."

Gotta have the party vote the same way, huh?  Partisan hackery at its finest.

*waits patiently for MHS to call in security to remove the rabblerousers* Smiley
Maybe if you stopped implying people were traitors and arguing your indefensible positions, it would end.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2005, 10:46:13 PM »

This is the most excitement my campaign has had the whole weekend Smiley
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2005, 10:49:24 PM »

...And calling out all the conservatives who didn't vote for MHS at the same time.

I am, and have every right to be, disappointed in conservatives who vote for liberals.  Keystone Phil is disappointed in me for supporting Specter.  I still fail to see how this is controversial.

Absolutely.  Flustration doesn't begin to describe my feelings on the subject.

Unless you regularly put things in your signature that you oppose, then I suppose it would.

David Duke has supposedly renounced his Klan membership.  It was easy to renounce it in the late 1970's.  It was hard to do it when people were being lynched and murdered.  I have much more respect for the latter than the former.

He certainly could have put grits in his signature... maybe some nice pictures of southern cities or something.  But instead he chose a symbol of traitorous evil.  You are the one who says the south is represented by such a symbol, I believe the new South is represented by prosperity and tolerance.

There is nothing I could have done, or would have done, to Sam.  I and other Southeastern Unionists felt strongly about that race.  The Party I founded doesn't really listen to me anymore, so it was more of a last ditch plea than any sort of push on the leader.  I am flattered that you believe otherwise.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2005, 10:51:07 PM »

I had that logo briefly because it was the SAP logo.  Anyhow, as you surely know I'm a big opponent of the Confederate flag, don.
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2005, 10:51:39 PM »

Nice try, MHS. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length