Concession Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:06:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Concession Speech
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Concession Speech  (Read 1943 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2005, 10:52:43 PM »

I had that logo briefly because it was the SAP logo.  Anyhow, as you surely know I'm a big opponent of the Confederate flag, don.

So you were a proud member of a Party that had this symbol that we both oppose as its logo?

I too am considering putting a confederate flag in my signature... once I can find a burning flag filter that looks right.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2005, 10:55:31 PM »

I had that logo briefly because it was the SAP logo.  Anyhow, as you surely know I'm a big opponent of the Confederate flag, don.

So you were a proud member of a Party that had this symbol that we both oppose as its logo?

I too am considering putting a confederate flag in my signature... once I can find a burning flag filter that looks right.
well I didn't vote for it's logo...I'm not too fond of donkeys either but I don't quit the Democratic Party either
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2005, 10:56:50 PM »

I am, and have every right to be, disappointed in conservatives who vote for liberals. Keystone Phil is disappointed in me for supporting Specter. I still fail to see how this is controversial.
I think you just pointed out your hypocrisy, haha.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Absolutely. Flustration doesn't begin to describe my feelings on the subject.[/quote]If you do something in frustration it can't be healthy.  I wouldn't stand by my actions if I openly admitted that they were fueld by frustration.

Unless you regularly put things in your signature that you oppose, then I suppose it would.[/quote]That's very unintelligent of you.  Let's say, for a moment, that I don't regularly put things in my signature that I oppose, but I put a Confederate flag in my sig anyway?  Now am I a confederate?

David Duke has supposedly renounced his Klan membership. It was easy to renounce it in the late 1970's. It was hard to do it when people were being lynched and murdered. I have much more respect for the latter than the former.[/quote]You must have very high standards of remorse, then, because Wallace won in 1982 on the black vote.  He apologized, and he didn't do any racist actions after doing so.  Why don't you accept it?  Is it because it would make your point invalid?  (Yes.)

He certainly could have put grits in his signature... maybe some nice pictures of southern cities or something. But instead he chose a symbol of traitorous evil. You are the one who says the south is represented by such a symbol, I believe the new South is represented by prosperity and tolerance.[/quote]Haha you used traitor again; it's like your favorite word.  The Confederate flag is open to more than one interpretation; you choose a racist one to make your point, despite ignoring that it is not racist by itself.

There is nothing I could have done, or would have done, to Sam. I and other Southeastern Unionists felt strongly about that race. The Party I founded doesn't really listen to me anymore, so it was more of a last ditch plea than any sort of push on the leader. I am flattered that you believe otherwise.[/quote]The Party doesn't listen to you anymore?  Why are you still in it, then?  Because you're partisan?  Owned.

Either way, bitching at Sam about his vote, and saying that the other Unionists voted a certain way, is pretty rude.  I can't speak for Sam, but I know I'd be offended if I were in his position.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2005, 10:59:35 PM »

A good race MHS, you were an excellent Senator.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2005, 11:00:33 PM »

well I didn't vote for it's logo...I'm not too fond of donkeys either but I don't quit the Democratic Party either

No man ever took up arms against brave patriots defending the United States carrying a banner witha donkey on it.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »

It's great whenever you mention soldiers, Don.  What about the Southern soldiers who were brave and fighting for what they believed in?  Are they traitors because you disagree with them?  For that matter, is anyone who disagrees with you a traitor?
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2005, 11:11:18 PM »

I think you just pointed out your hypocrisy, haha.
I insist that Specter is not a liberal, and is certainly less liberal than his Democrat opponents.

If you held the beliefs that I do, and saw the candidate choices, you too would be flustrated.

If you put a Nazi emblem in your signature, surely you could understand how people think that you are either really screwed up or sympathetic to the Nazi cause.  (not comparing 1860's traitors to 1930's fascists, just making a point)

I am well aware of the political history of George Wallace.  I am also aware that he was almost a relative moderate compared to the ultra-racists in certain segments of society.  I don't believe that States was referring to Wallace's 1982 Gubenatorial campaign in his signature.

Because I believe in the ideals and platform of the Constitutional Union Party.  The most valiant accomplishment of a leader is to ensure that the organization thrives after he has left the leadership.  Sam has accomplished my goal with flying colors and I greatly respect and appreciate that.   I meant that I no longer have, nor want, such a leadership role in said fantasy Party.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2005, 11:14:58 PM »

It's great whenever you mention soldiers, Don.  What about the Southern soldiers who were brave and fighting for what they believed in?  Are they traitors because you disagree with them?  For that matter, is anyone who disagrees with you a traitor?

Lots of people in the world have fought for what they believed in.  Many have been wrong.  The soldiers who took up arms against their country in defense of a faux Confederation of rebellious traitors were among those that have been wrong and relegated to the dustbin of history.

No, not everyone who disagrees with me is a "traitor" and it is silly on your part to suggest such a thing.  Of course you now say that I imply "traitor" in everything so it would be difficult to convince you otherwise. 

Those that took up arms against their country in 1860 were definately traitors.  I don't see that fact in dispute.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2005, 11:17:01 PM »

So far, during my term as Vice President, I have noticed that MHS2002 has been one of the most active members of the Senate. Very rarely does the Senator miss votes or debates. His contributions were always very welcome, and will certainly be missed.

Thank you, Senator, for a great legislative career. I hope that you will have the opportunity to resume it sometime soon.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2005, 11:17:35 PM »

No man ever took up arms against brave patriots defending the United States carrying a banner witha donkey on it.
yeah, that's why I took it down really soon.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2005, 11:19:14 PM »

I dont think this is the last weve seen of MHS Smiley
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2005, 11:19:57 PM »

Don,
on most political issues, I will probably agree with you. But I disagree with your view on the Confederate Flag. I don't think calling people traitors helps get your point across, but there do seem to be times where people have made an issue of the Confederate Flag just to get a reaction out of you, which I also disagree with. I'm not going to attack you over it and not make it personal. I will simply say I disagree and move on to bigger issues that we probably will agree on and will probably have a bigger impact on Atlasia then anything having to do with the Confederate Flag.

In the special election a few weeks ago, you said Robert E. Lee was a traitor. Lee had the opportunity to lead the Northern Army, but he chose loyalty to his home state of Virginia first and foremost. To attack Virginia would have been the traitorous thing to do. I feel a sense of loyalty to Louisiana, and I hope everyone here would also feel a sense of loyalty to their homestate.

There were some people who I thought would have voted for MHS over Ebowed. I was surprised but I won't call anyone a traitor over it. The only thing I can figure is as a result of redistricting, MHS was put in a new district. Many voters probably wanted to vote for Ebowed since they were more familiar with him. I am surprised Ernest did not do better. All I can figure is people did not want to see him give up his Surpeme Court Seat. (Speaking of, there is already a vacancy due to JFK resigning, which indirectly ties in to this same debate going on.)

MHS, sorry for any thing I may have done that caused this thread to go off-topic.

I really hope that Dubya, Bono, or Jake and Q or myself can help restore unity to this region. I recall seeing a post a while back where one person was wondering "Why is the south so damn united?". If asked now I would have to respond with the question "What are you talking about?"
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2005, 11:30:58 PM »

I agree with the last part of your post Brandon. It seems that the Southeast is united only against the select few that always disparage us. Internally, we have major divides and major conflicts. Speaking frankly, I believe there is three groups, the Southern Pride members, the Conservative members, and the the rest. For a long time, Ernest held the groups at bay, but when he left the South, the groups began going at each other. You can see the split occurring all summer with the Dubya vs. States battles and the internal disagreements of the Nullification Crisis. After six months, the wounds are pretty deep for all those involved and I think the next couple months should be devoted to simple governance of the region and a consideration of what our future is. The thing I hate most is to see people like Don and Ebowed or Harry and Don fighting over such trivial stuff when instead we should be celebrating that yet again we elected a Senator to represent us and once again this October, we'll be voting for another. I ask Don, Harry, Ebowed, and anyone else including myself who has been arguing over stuff that means nothing to stop and gain some perspective over the situation.

- Jake
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2005, 11:32:51 PM »

I agree with the last part of your post Brandon. It seems that the Southeast is united only against the select few that always disparage us. Internally, we have major divides and major conflicts. Speaking frankly, I believe there is three groups, the Southern Pride members, the Conservative members, and the the rest. For a long time, Ernest held the groups at bay, but when he left the South, the groups began going at each other. You can see the split occurring all summer with the Dubya vs. States battles and the internal disagreements of the Nullification Crisis. After six months, the wounds are pretty deep for all those involved and I think the next couple months should be devoted to simple governance of the region and a consideration of what our future is. The thing I hate most is to see people like Don and Ebowed or Harry and Don fighting over such trivial stuff when instead we should be celebrating that yet again we elected a Senator to represent us and once again this October, we'll be voting for another. I ask Don, Harry, Ebowed, and anyone else including myself who has been arguing over stuff that means nothing to stop and gain some perspective over the situation.

- Jake

Per Jake's request, I will stop arguing over this issue at this time.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2005, 11:37:52 PM »

- Jake
I had a point-by-point response to Don's latest, but I will save it for now after seeing your post.  Also, if I may disagree on one point, the three groups you named aren't really exclusive.  There are liberals such as myself, NClib, and TCash101; there are libertarian conservatives such as StatesRights, Ben Meyers, and Bono; and then there are moderates such as yourself and Harry.  Dixie Pride is pretty much spread across equally through these groups.  One nice thing about the Southeast is that the gubernatorial elections are rarely ideology-based.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2005, 11:40:25 PM »

oh well, I'd rather not argue with don anyway, so I'd love to have a truce
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2005, 12:20:23 AM »

It's good to see that people are trying to see themselves in Matthew 5:9 instead of Matthew 5:10 for a change. Smiley
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2005, 12:29:23 AM »

It's good to see that people are trying to see themselves in Matthew 5:9 instead of Matthew 5:10 for a change. Smiley

9: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
10: Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, 9 for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

The Beatitudes.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2005, 12:56:30 AM »

9: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
10: Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, 9 for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

The Beatitudes.
I like those verses. Smiley
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2005, 11:56:09 AM »

I commend you on your fine service to the senate MHS, you were a model Senator.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2005, 03:03:13 PM »

Well you tried hard MHS and you were a great candidate for the Union Party. Best of luck in all later endeavours.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2005, 08:40:46 PM »

Great race, MHS. You were a great Senator. I hope to see you elected again someday.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies