Matchup between you and the preceding poster.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:05:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Matchup between you and the preceding poster.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Matchup between you and the preceding poster.  (Read 1582 times)
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 04, 2017, 08:03:40 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=156775.0

Since this seems dead in its waters i will just start a new thread. Same rules apple including the
"To make it a little more exciting, the preceding poster is to win. Nevertheless, the map should be somewhat realistic" part.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 08:17:45 PM »

Govanah Jake (D-NY)

Xingkerui (D-WA)

Strong East/West divide, but since you're able to win the backing of the establishment, and assemble a more diverse coalition, you prevail.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 08:36:07 PM »

Your Western liberalism allows you to narrowly and decisively carry Arizona following a recount

SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 09:04:32 PM »

Republican Primary

Blue: ExtremeRepublican
Green: Me

We are both very socially conservative, but I am more of a populist.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 09:18:26 PM »

After trailing significantly throughout the campaign, I do better than expected in the Midwest and the West thanks to getting more apathetic liberals to turnout, but it isn't enough because I alienate the Southern base. The tipping point state is Virginia. Compared to 2016, I pick up most Stein voters and Bernie-write ins, a minority of Johnson voters, and some Obama-Trump voters. You pick up some McMullin voters. However, a larger share of suburban voters than 2016 abstain thanks to disillusionment that either party would become a better fit for them.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 09:18:59 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2017, 09:21:05 PM by RFayette »

Blue:  Me
Green:  Thomas

I think Thomas is seen as the more conservative choice and as such I take most of the more socially liberal states, though Thomas also gets a lot of the more populist areas.  

EDIT:  Beat me to it

Me and the eggman are very closely divided - I do similarly to Trump but a bit better with Hispanics and a bit worse with the Rust Belt.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 10:17:55 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2017, 09:06:06 PM by Kamala »

Rfayette does well in socially conservative areas, winning Pennsyltucky and Wississippi by decent margins. I win South Dakota as a favorite daughter, as well as performing better in more socially libertarian right-leaning states like MT and AZ.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 10:29:42 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2017, 11:39:13 AM by L.D. Smith, Aggie! It's Real Expenses Again »

L.D. Smith (D-TX): 268 EV, 50.1% PV
RFayette (R-CA): 271 EV, 47.9% PV

It started off as a friendly enough competition, but things got heated quickly. Both championed populist causes and had a religious flare to them. This worked to the advantage of RFayette's base, but scared away a bit of the vote from my base, especially from the more "centrist" wing. However, I did manage to carry a lot of crossover votes from one part of the region no analyst thought possible: The Mountain West. Unfortunately, this came at the cost of much of The South, though some say that this was less to do with me and more to do with RFayette's evangelism.

The campaign was mostly friendly between candidates, probably because neither wanted to invoke "The Carpetbagger" insult.

The night started off with me in the lead bigly, but once The South started dumping, the situation looked dire (especially when Virginia didn't flip at 92% precincts in)...and then, I took most of The Rust Belt, which was negated by a YUGE dump in The Plains and Upper Midwest (RIP Wisconsin),...oh but The West helped me out, with Montana barely being a majority, Idaho being only the 60's, Utah kept to high 50's, and most suprisingly, Arizona!

Ultimately, there was one state to decide it all, one state that did not care for evangelism or extremism too much, but was also not a friend to Democrats by default....ALASKA, which actually had a local third party that ended up splitting the right.

Closest States

Virginia
Arizona
Wisconsin
Alaska
New Hampshire

EDIT: PART TWO

But I try again, in spite of a recount controversy in Virginia. Supporters claim I did an amazing job with The West, all of it, just on principle alone. But the leery establishment weren't buying it, after losing Virginia and erasing any trends in North Carolina, I was persona non-grata. But I went on.

Enter another representative from Austin, Kamala, who was bizarrely enough, more moderate.

But Kamala also had less baggage and some old roots in The Plains area, so while Iowa was close thanks to my spirited, but hopeless work, NH was a rout! I did manage to swing back Nevada...but I got my clock cleaned after Super Tuesday.

But danggit, I won the PV last time! By a majority! I wasn't going down so easily. That said, besides a few protest votes in The Mountain West, Appalachia, and Rust Belt, the rest went to Kamala quite easily.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 01:54:09 PM »

Gov. Oldiesfreak1854 (R-MI)/Sen. John Thune (R-SD): 319 EV (52% PV)
Sen. MormDem (D-CA)/Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA): 219 EV (46% PV)

Closest States
Colorado
Nevada
New Hampshire
North Carolina

Minnesota

After years of division under Obama and Trump, the nation finally comes to its senses and nominates two mainstream, "establishment" candidates to represent both major parties.  I make a few gaffes in the primaries which, coupled with MormDem's more moderate positions on some issues, peel off a small number of Southern votes, but not enough to flip any states.  I campaign on a platform that focuses primarily on economic issues: taxes, spending, etc., while spending little time on divisive social issues.  MormDem's Mormonism helps him squeak out a win in Nevada, the closest state of the election.  Though I try to make inroads in the Northeast, MormDem undercuts these efforts by attacking my religious affiliations to imply that I am anti-Catholic.  Meanwhile, I attack him as a standard tax and spend liberal while positioning myself as a conciliatory conservative, emphasizing my own proposals for immigration and healthcare reform alongside my conservative credentials on taxes, national security, and law and order.  Most importantly, I highlight my proposals for paid family leave and a renewed ERA push, which helps deflate Democrats attacks on me as "anti-woman."  Polls remain too close to callfor most of the campaign, with several lead changes back and forth, but on Election Day my efforts to put together a coalition of moderates and conservatives pays off, giving me a narrow but satisfying victory. 
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 05:39:41 PM »

After a vigorous primary season, Governor Govanah Jake and Governor Oldiesfreak1854 claim each major party's nomination in a unexpectedly wave of support. Each candidate represented each's party's minority faction with Govanah Jake representing the Progressive Wing of the Party while Oldiesfreak1854 represented the Moderate faction emphasizing a return to Eisenhower and Lincoln Republicanism. Each decided to balance the tickets with opposite members of each party with Jake picking New Democrat from the Crucial Swing state of Florida Charlie Crist as his Vice President while Oldiesfreak1854 picked more social conservative senator Mike Lee to shear up evangelical support in the south which he was polling relatively weak in as a republican. The Govanah took this to his advantage and starting to campaign in the Upper South where Democrats had not gone in years. Meanwhile Oldies wanted to start a northern strategy picking up northern moderates and win states not won by republicans before including New Jersey and Connecticut. Michigan was also a sight of major campaigning between the two party's however as oldies home state, the polling always showed him ahead by small margins. Meanwhile Oldies northern strategy also including picking up more suburban voters in Minnesota and Wisconsin making both swing states and competitive. Out West, Oldies barely campaigned here however put in a major ad campaign in both Nevada and Colorado and also some in Oregon to many's surprise and felt he could pick up enough moderates in and around Portland to win the state. The debates came and went without any clear victory for either candidate and by election day the final polls were 45-43% in favor of Oldies and very competitive. The results came in and in the end oldies home state of Michigan barely went to him 47.9-47.5% and won the state and thus the election by a small electoral college victory.

Gov. Oldiesfreak1854 of Michigan/ Sen. Mike Lee of Utah: 286 EV, 49.86%

Gov. Govanah Jake of New York/ Congressmen Charlie Crist of Florida: 252 EV, 48.18%
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 08:52:54 PM »

Closest States
Colorado
Nevada
New Hampshire
North Carolina

Minnesota

After years of division under Obama and Trump, the nation finally comes to its senses and nominates two mainstream, "establishment" candidates to represent both major parties.  I make a few gaffes in the primaries which, coupled with MormDem's more moderate positions on some issues, peel off a small number of Southern votes, but not enough to flip any states.  I campaign on a platform that focuses primarily on economic issues: taxes, spending, etc., while spending little time on divisive social issues.  MormDem's Mormonism helps him squeak out a win in Nevada, the closest state of the election.  Though I try to make inroads in the Northeast, MormDem undercuts these efforts by attacking my religious affiliations to imply that I am anti-Catholic.  Meanwhile, I attack him as a standard tax and spend liberal while positioning myself as a conciliatory conservative, emphasizing my own proposals for immigration and healthcare reform alongside my conservative credentials on taxes, national security, and law and order.  Most importantly, I highlight my proposals for paid family leave and a renewed ERA push, which helps deflate Democrats attacks on me as "anti-woman."  Polls remain too close to callfor most of the campaign, with several lead changes back and forth, but on Election Day my efforts to put together a coalition of moderates and conservatives pays off, giving me a narrow but satisfying victory. 

You were supposed to make a map where you lose, not win.

-skip-
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 09:42:53 PM »

Me
Govanah Jake
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 08:12:22 AM »

"You were supposed to make a map where you lose, not win."

(Skip)
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 08:39:41 AM »

Democratic primary

Governor Cora (D-UT)
Governor Blue Dog (D-NJ)

Pennsylvania, Iowa, and Virginia are the closest primaries, while Utah and New Jersey are the widest.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 09:09:32 AM »

It was all on base turnout, and you won.

Blue Dog Moderate(D-NJ)/Rep. Kyrsten Sinema(D-AZ):  276 EVs  (49.7% PV)
Not_Madigan(R-IL)/Gov. Scott Walker(R-WI):  262 EVs  (49.2% PV)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 09:13:41 AM »
« Edited: September 06, 2017, 09:16:14 AM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Closest States
Colorado
Nevada
New Hampshire
North Carolina

Minnesota

After years of division under Obama and Trump, the nation finally comes to its senses and nominates two mainstream, "establishment" candidates to represent both major parties.  I make a few gaffes in the primaries which, coupled with MormDem's more moderate positions on some issues, peel off a small number of Southern votes, but not enough to flip any states.  I campaign on a platform that focuses primarily on economic issues: taxes, spending, etc., while spending little time on divisive social issues.  MormDem's Mormonism helps him squeak out a win in Nevada, the closest state of the election.  Though I try to make inroads in the Northeast, MormDem undercuts these efforts by attacking my religious affiliations to imply that I am anti-Catholic.  Meanwhile, I attack him as a standard tax and spend liberal while positioning myself as a conciliatory conservative, emphasizing my own proposals for immigration and healthcare reform alongside my conservative credentials on taxes, national security, and law and order.  Most importantly, I highlight my proposals for paid family leave and a renewed ERA push, which helps deflate Democrats attacks on me as "anti-woman."  Polls remain too close to callfor most of the campaign, with several lead changes back and forth, but on Election Day my efforts to put together a coalition of moderates and conservatives pays off, giving me a narrow but satisfying victory.  

You were supposed to make a map where you lose, not win.

-skip-
Didn't realize that, will remember for next time.

SKIP

Meanwhile Oldies northern strategy also including picking up more suburban voters in Minnesota and Wisconsin making both swing states and competitive.

Wisconsin is already a swing state.  Trump got it last election, and Bush 2 came with in only a few thousand votes of getting it in his two elections.  He would've gotten it the first time if it weren't for the early call of Florida.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 11:36:55 PM »

Not Madigan (R-IL)/Scott Walker (R-WI) - 282
Xingkerui (D-WA)/Catherine Cortez-Masto (D-NV) - 256

While I'm able to win back some voters in the rust belt, as well as get high turnout among Latinos in the Southwest, it's not quite enough to offset Not Madigan's appeal to both conservatives and moderates.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2017, 07:34:26 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2017, 07:41:48 AM by Acting Southern Delegate The Saint »

Senator The Saint (R-FL) / Charlie Baker (R-MA): 291
Xingkerui (D-WA) / Catherine Cortez-Masto (D-NV): 247

My moderate libertarian-style views, as well as Charlie Baker on the ticket, allow me to carry New Hampshire, Maine's 2nd district, Maine statewide, Nevada, and Colorado.  Xingkerui and I compete for the Rust Belt, appealing to voters by promising free, but fair, trade deals.  Xingkerui is able to outdo me in the Rust Belt, but I do manage to take Wisconsin.

(In actuality, if I were to pair up with Charlie Baker, there would probably be a conservative third-party challenger to take me down.)

EDIT:

Pretty much the same reasons as I wrote, but I am unable to successfully carry the Rust Belt.  Cortez-Masto assists in carrying Nevada and Colorado.  I might lose ME-02 as well.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 07:35:52 AM »

My moderate libertarian-style views, as well as Charlie Baker on the ticket, allow me to carry New Hampshire, Maine's 2nd district, Maine statewide, Nevada, and Colorado.  Xingkerui and I compete for the Rust Belt, appealing to voters by promising free, but fair, trade deals.  Xingkerui is able to outdo me in the Rust Belt, but I do manage to take Wisconsin.

(In actuality, if I were to pair up with Charlie Baker, there would probably be a conservative third-party challenger to take me down.)

You're supposed to have the previous poster win. In which case, I'll empty quote you.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 07:39:30 AM »

My moderate libertarian-style views, as well as Charlie Baker on the ticket, allow me to carry New Hampshire, Maine's 2nd district, Maine statewide, Nevada, and Colorado.  Xingkerui and I compete for the Rust Belt, appealing to voters by promising free, but fair, trade deals.  Xingkerui is able to outdo me in the Rust Belt, but I do manage to take Wisconsin.

You're supposed to have the previous poster win. In which case, I'll empty quote you.
Whoops. Thanks.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 07:42:55 AM »

Fixed.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2017, 11:45:02 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2017, 11:40:19 AM by L.D. Smith, Aggie! It's Real Expenses Again »

L.D. Smith (D-TX) 248 EV, 48.3% pv
The Saint (R-FL) 290 EV, 47.8% pv

The battle is one of left-populism vs centre-right moderation, things were looking good for me, until lots of dark money poured in against me in favor of the kind-mouthed "Saintly"  Saint...oh well. It was enough for the Philly Burbs to turn out like its 1988 again and overrule the gains I made in Erie or Wilkes-Barre [mostly 'cuz I didn't flip Chester Co.], enough to lose NH the same way Al Gore did and Hillary almost did, and Virginia, where DLC enthusiasm was low and Neocon enthusiasm in areas like VA Beach was high.

Not even retaining IA, WI, or MI was enough.

Closest States

Iowa
Pennsylvania
Virginia
Michigan
New Hampshire
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2017, 02:47:58 AM »
« Edited: September 09, 2017, 02:51:51 AM by Parrotguy »

God knows why but I, a former Governor and Senator from Virginia, start off as the Democratic establishment's favourite. The insurgent left-populist campaign of California Senator L.D. Smith, however, is gaining heavy traction. However, L.D.'s relative social conservativism isn't resounding well amongst the more socially liberal Democrats in the northeast and it becomes a battle of social left vs economical left. In the end, I am unable to win with African American voters by large enough margins and L.D. manages to improve over the usual Progressive margins with them, so I underperform in the south and L.D. manages to win a narrow victory over me.

Senator Parrotguy
Senator L.D. Smith

He goes on, apparently, to lose the General Election against The Saint. It's too late, you chose the chaos candidate, it didn't have to end like this... Tongue
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 08:39:51 PM »

I imagine that an election between me and Parrotguy would be pretty similar to 2016.

Him: 277
Me: 261
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2017, 11:43:15 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2017, 11:47:26 PM by Angry Socdem »

274-264

My economic populism and your right-wing populism clash and generally go for the same type of voter, driving up working class turnout while driving down suburban turnout. Towards the end of the campaign, I lead in the polls, and so I campaign relentlessly in Rural New England and the Rust Belt to try to hold on to WWC voters. You make a "suburban shift" and go to the West to try to appeal to economic moderates. Ultimately, I forget about Colorado and expected it to be in my column, and so you win the Centennial state in an upset, handing you the presidency.

Closest states/districts:
1. Colorado
2. ME-02
3. New Hampshire
4. Nevada
5. Wisconsin
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies