Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2018, 01:29:37 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, Lumine)
| | |-+  The White House (Office of President fhtagn)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: The White House (Office of President fhtagn)  (Read 10578 times)
People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -7.65

View Profile Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 05, 2017, 03:04:17 pm »

------------
The fhtagn Administration
------------

Welcome, folks!
This is where all official Presidential business under this administration will be taking place!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:36:59 pm by President fhtagn »Logged

People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 05:37:25 pm »

Quote from: Executive Order #001
Executive Action
To appoint a Vice President for confirmation by the Senate

PiT is formally appointed as Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:21:11 am by President fhtagn »Logged

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 11:46:04 pm »

Thank you for the appointment, Madam President.

Scott🦋
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -6.43

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 12:16:57 am »

I would like to seek inquiry into the activities of the National Archivist and the Secretary of State.  Both these offices have been inactive and I have not seen much activity from Drew on the Wiki... it's mostly Truman, myself, and maybe one or two others editing stuff.

I would also like to know the status of the Foreign Relations Review.

"Accept suffering and achieve atonement through it that is what you must do."
-- Fyodor Dostoevsky
People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 12:48:04 am »

I would like to seek inquiry into the activities of the National Archivist and the Secretary of State.  Both these offices have been inactive and I have not seen much activity from Drew on the Wiki... it's mostly Truman, myself, and maybe one or two others editing stuff.

I would also like to know the status of the Foreign Relations Review.

I have not had a chance to look into the situation with Drew as of yet, but it has been brought to my attention recently and is something that I plan to address.

In the situation with SoS Snowguy, I  have been in contact with him and from my understanding he plans to commit to being more active in his role. We have had several discussions via PM on the current situation we are dealing with regarding North Korea, China, and Russia (which at this point is one of our top priorities). I fully intend to hold him to his word on this, and will take action if I feel he isn't living up to what is needed to meet the requirements of the position.

As for the Foreign Relations Review, it is high up on the list of things I am getting caught up to speed on and we will be getting to work on as swiftly as possible.

I apologize for any delays that take place as a result of this. Considering how long inactivity has been taking place in this office recently, there is much to catch up on, and I want to be sure I have all the necessary information and resources available to get the job done, and done correctly.

I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention as well, and thank you for your patience.

Scott🦋
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -6.43

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 01:33:04 am »

I am glad to hear that the administration will be taking on the inactivity problem we have.  Thanks for the update!

"Accept suffering and achieve atonement through it that is what you must do."
-- Fyodor Dostoevsky
People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 11:31:16 pm »

I hereby declare a Federal State of Emergency for the states of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and other potentially affected areas in the path of Hurricane Irma in coordination with regional, state, and local officials in the South and in the impacted states and counties in said jurisdictions.

People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 05:57:18 pm »

Quote from: Executive Order #002
Executive Action
To appoint a new National Archivist to be confirmed by the Senate

TimTurner is hereby appointed to fill the National Archivist position vacated by drewmike87.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:21:30 am by President fhtagn »Logged

People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 04:14:39 pm »

Quote from: Executive Order #003
Executive Action
To appoint a new Secretary of Internal Affairs to be confirmed by the Senate

I hereby appoint Young Texan to fill the position of Secretary of Internal Affairs of Atlasia.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:21:50 am by President fhtagn »Logged

Young Texan
TexasConservative
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.88, S: -1.98

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 04:19:56 pm »

Thank you madam President, I am deeply humbled by your faith in me.

People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 12:48:24 pm »

Quote from:  Final Text
AN ACT OF CONGRESS
This act hereby safeguards and promotes international, bilateral and multilateral efforts to fund women's healthcare around the World. This act hereby ensures that the freedom of speech for NGOs, and other groups that provide health services shall not be hindered.

To be enacted in both Houses of Congress Assembled,

Atlasian Aid Protection Act

(1) This act legislates that recipients of Atlasian aid money shall not be ineligible for such assistance solely on the basis of the health or medical services that said group offers.

(2) This Act keeps in place the Helms Amendment of 1973, which ensures that Atlasian Aid money shall not directly be used to provide abortion services.

(3.) This Act does recognize the importance of promoting family planning, reproductive health and services, and counseling to women around the world, in order to protect their fundamental human rights.

Atlasian Regional Senate
Passed 5-0-1 in the Atlasian Senate assembled
Be it resolved, X Senator PiT, PPT

As Amended in House:
Atlasian People's House of Representatives
Passed 7-0 in the Atlasian House Assembled,

People's Regional Senate
Passed 5-0 in the Atlasian Senate assembled
Be it resolved, X President pro tempore

President of Congress
Be it resolved, X Vice President PiT

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:37:02 am by President fhtagn »Logged

People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 03:25:08 pm »

Quote from: Final Text
AN ACT OF CONGRESS
To provide investments into research and infrastructure

Be it enacted in both Houses of Congress Assembled,
The Storm Surge, Coastal Flooding, and Tsunami Prevention Act of 2017
1. 500 Million dollars shall be allocated to research new ways to prevent and/or hinder storm surge flooding from hurricanes, tropical storms, and nor'easters along the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean coastlines of Atlasia.
2. 500 Million dollars shall be allocated to research new ways to prevent and/or hinder tsunami-based flooding from earthquakes and landslides both local and distant along the Pacific Ocean coastline of Atlasia.
3. Up to 8 Billion dollars shall be set aside and in reserve for construction of various dams, barrier islands, and potential seawalls once the research of how this may be accomplished and what, if any impact this may have on the environment is complete.

Passed 8-0, in the Atlasian House Assembled,

As Amended:
People's Regional Senate
Passed 4-0-2 in the Atlasian Senate assembled

President of Congress

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:37:27 am by President fhtagn »Logged

People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 09:11:19 am »

My fellow Atlasians.

It is with great sadness that I am here to speak to you all this morning. Last night, Secretary of State Snowguy and I were informed of an attack led by North Korean fighter jets on our naval base in Guam. This resulted in the destruction of several of our ships, left 55 of our own killed, and 72 injured. This is not an act that we intend to take lightly and not something we as a nation can sit back and accept.

As many of you had seen, we recently reached an agreement with China, where we pledged to send 30,000 of our troops to aid in not only defending South Korea, but to aid in removing the current leadership and to transition North Korea into a more functional Western nation. I have reached out to leaders in Congress to discuss legislative action that needs to be done to uphold this deal, and have directed several of our troops already in the Pacific to aid in the defense of South Korea, who has recently endured attacks in the city of Seoul.

As more information develops, I will be doing everything I can to keep Atlasia updated, and in the event where we feel there may be a threat to our regions directly, my first point of contact will be our regional executives. The most important thing at this time is ensuring our people are safe, and SoS Snowguy and I will be working tirelessly to ensure we uphold that promise.

I want to thank you all for your time and patience while we handle this extremely delicate situation.

People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 09:16:01 am »

Quote from:  Final Text
AN ACT OF CONGRESS
To promote the use of alternative energy through the introduce of a rebate and subsidy program

Renewable Energy Rebate and Subsidy Act
An act to provide a rebate to individuals and companies who produce renewable energy; to provide a subsidy to individuals and companies who install renewable energy sources.

1. Rebates
a. A rebate shall be provided per every kilowatt hour of energy produced through renewable sources at a rate of $0.025.
b. An additional rebate shall be provide per every excess kilowatt hour of energy produced through renewable energy sources at a rate of $0.05.

2. Subsidies
a. The Federal Government shall provide a subsidy at a rate of up to 10% of the cost of installation to assist with the costs of installing renewable energy sources.

3. Costs
a. The Federal Government shall make $15 billion available in the first year of the scheme to cover the costs of this bill.
b. The Federal Government shall make $10 billion available in the following years of the scheme to cover the costs of this bill.

Passed 9-0 in the Atlasian House Assembled

People's Regional Senate
Passed 4-0 in the Atlasian Senate assembled

President of Congress

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:37:42 am by President fhtagn »Logged

Former GM 1184AZ
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -0.64

P P
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 12:32:19 am »

My fellow Atlasians.

It is with great sadness that I am here to speak to you all this morning. Last night, Secretary of State Snowguy and I were informed of an attack led by North Korean fighter jets on our naval base in Guam. This resulted in the destruction of several of our ships, left 55 of our own killed, and 72 injured. This is not an act that we intend to take lightly and not something we as a nation can sit back and accept.

As many of you had seen, we recently reached an agreement with China, where we pledged to send 30,000 of our troops to aid in not only defending South Korea, but to aid in removing the current leadership and to transition North Korea into a more functional Western nation. I have reached out to leaders in Congress to discuss legislative action that needs to be done to uphold this deal, and have directed several of our troops already in the Pacific to aid in the defense of South Korea, who has recently endured attacks in the city of Seoul.

As more information develops, I will be doing everything I can to keep Atlasia updated, and in the event where we feel there may be a threat to our regions directly, my first point of contact will be our regional executives. The most important thing at this time is ensuring our people are safe, and SoS Snowguy and I will be working tirelessly to ensure we uphold that promise.

I want to thank you all for your time and patience while we handle this extremely delicate situation.
As GM I can confirm the information posted in the above statement is accurate.

X1184AZ
People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 03:37:46 pm »

AN ACT OF CONGRESS

To expand public service opportunities for Atlasians

Be it enacted the Congress of the Republic of Atlasia assembled

SECTION 1. TITLE

This legislation may be cited as the Public Service Act.

SECTION 2. FINDINGS

Whereby the Congress of the Republic of Atlasia hereby acknowledges:

That studies have shown volunteerism is particularly important to young adult Atlasians;
That AtlasiaCorp is receiving five times more applications than it has spots to fill, and the Peace Corps has seen a 40-year high in applications for its overseas program;
That national service provides important job training opportunities especially for non-college youth, and that these opportunities build skills that are attractive to employers

SECTION 3. CREATION OF ONLINE NATIONAL SERVICE CERTIFICATION SYSTEM

AtlasiaCorps shall be endowed with the responsibility of creating and maintaining an online national service certification system, for which potential reservists might have a quick and easy way to search a comprehensive listing of paid service opportunities offered by the Peace Corps, AtlasiaCorps, and certified national service organizations, including state and local government agencies, schools, higher-education institutions, and nonprofit organizations and social enterprises.

SECTION 4. FULL IMPLEMENTATION OF THE EDWARD M. KENNEDY SERVE ATLASIA ACT

Congress shall fully implement the 2009 Edward M. Kennedy Serve Atlasia Act, authorizing the addition of 250,000 AtlasiaCorps positions.

SECTION 5. PATHWAYS TO EMPLOYMENT FOR THE UNEMPLOYED

Congress shall invest $8 billion in creating subsidized employment opportunities for low-income and long-term unemployed workers as part of the 2014 Pathways Back to Work Fund.

SECTION 6. WORK AND EDUCATION CREDITS

Atlasian public service programs shall be obligated to provide opportunities for service work which offer leisure time from occupational work as well as reduced student loans.

SECTION 7. EXPENDITURES

Expenditures for the projects outline in this legislation shall exceed no more than $20 billion over a ten-year period.

Atlasian Senate
Passed 5-0-1 in the Atlasian Senate assembled
Be it resolved, X Senator PiT, PPTAtlasian People's House of Representatives
Passed 7-0 in the Atasian House Assembled,

President of Congress

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:37:58 am by President fhtagn »Logged

People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 03:45:04 pm »

AN ACT OF CONGRESS

To provide for an emergency temporary intake of Syrian refugees; establish a public-private partnership to resettle refugees within Atlasia; provide for appropriations for the same; and to coordinate refugee settlement with the regional governments.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives, in Congress Assembled.

Title I--Title, Definitions, and Enactment
1. This act may be cited as the "Refugee Act 2017", or, within this text, the "Act."
2. For the context of this Act, "Secretary" shall, in all cases, refer to the Secretary of State.
3. For the context of this Act, a "refugee" is defined as a person identified by the United Nations High Commission for Refugees as being a person internally or externally displaced as a result of the Syrian emergency.
4. This Act shall come into operation on the day following its approval into law.

Title II--Providing for a temporary intake of refugees
1. In accordance with Schedule A of this act, the Secretary of State shall, upon the enactment of this act into law, provide for the resettlement of no more than fifty thousand (50,000) refugees into the territory of the Republic of Atlasia.
2. It shall be the legal responsibility of the Department of State to provide for the successful transportation, settlement, and assimilation of the refugees as defined in Section 1.

Title III--Establishment of the Commission for Refugees
1. In order to achieve the successful implementation of this Title, the Secretary of State shall establish a "Commission for Refugees" or, as defined within this Act, the "Commission."
2. The Commission shall be defined as body corporate of the Commonwealth with responsibility to successfully oversee the intake of refugees into the Commonwealth, provide for their settlement, oversee their education, and provide for employment training.
3. The Commission shall be composed of the following statutory offices:
a. The Commissioner;
b. The Deputy Commissioner;  
4. The Secretary of State shall oversee the establishment of a Commission Secretariat to organize and implement the provisions of this Act.

Title IV--Establishment of the Refugee Exchange Program
1. The Commission shall, through consultation and cooperation with international, national, regional, and local, humanitarian aid bodies develop a Refugee Exchange Program to provide for the private sponsorship and hosting of the refugees as defined in Title I.
2. Each refugee candidate's application shall have to fully conform with all federal immigration laws and procedures, and must, in the opinion of the Commission, prove to be a satisfactory candidate for resettlement.
3. The Commission shall ensure that each approved applicant receives regular and adequate instruction in the English language within their host community as well as employment training provisions.
4. Households participating within the Refugee Exchange Program shall be designated to host either a family consisting of persons directly related or a group of individuals not to exceed six persons.
5. Selected households participating within the Exchange must be certified by the Commission to have adequate financial means and proper social disposition to accommodate the applicants.
6. Preference shall be given by the Commission to select household applicants residing in regional and rural communities as defined by the Census Bureau of Atlasia.
7. The Department of State shall appropriate, from its general appropriation, a payment of $1,500 per month to host households to be used for all necessary expenses in direct relation to participation within the Program.
8. The Commission shall be responsible for appropriating all donations received to it from individuals, groups, or bodies to the respective participating households.
9. Households agreeing to participate within the Exchange shall agree to host said refugees for a minimum period of twelve months, which may be extended to eighteen months with the agreement of the Commission, the respective household, and refugees.

Title V: Developing Partnerships with the Regional Governments.
1. The Secretary of State shall be authorized and permitted to waive this Act, or any applicable section therein, to stand in place of any program for refugee resettlement as provided by a regional government.
2. Any program as defined in Section 1 of this Title may be approved to receive parallel funding from the Department of State to a degree to which the Secretary deems appropriate.

Schedule A
1. Title II: To be completed no later than March 31, 2018, unless ordered to be extended by the Secretary.
2. Title III: Within thirty days of this Act's enactment.
3. Title IV: Within sixty days following Section 2.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 4-0 in the Atlasian Senate assembled

Passed 8-0-1 in the Atasian House Assembled,

President of Congress

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:38:26 am by President fhtagn »Logged

People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 01:29:10 am »

AN ACT OF CONGRESS
To establish an organized process to compile all bills generating revenue and all bills mandating federal expenses, for the purpose of finally giving us a budget for the first time since the Atlasian reset.

Be it enacted in both Houses of Congress Assembled
The Budget Process & Control Act

Section 1: Budget Process Committee
1. The Budget Process Committee shall be a temporary entity to be convened within two weeks of final passage of this act, and shall exist until its mandate is fulfilled at which point it shall be dissolved.

2. The Budget Process Committee shall compile all legislation enacted since the effective date of the Atlasian Legislative Reset until the present, which either raises revenue, mandates expenses or both. The Committee shall then assemble a budget based on these and pre-existing statutes to be submitted to Congress as the Fiscal Year 2018 Budget proposal, now later than 30 days after the committee convened.

3. The final report must have a majority support of the Budget Process Committee and shall be authorized to establish all rules and procedures as is necessary for the efficient functioning of the committee and accomplishment of its mandate stated above.

4. The Budget Process Committee shall consist of two representatives of the Executive Branch, appointed by the President, One member each from the House and the Senate who shall be elected by said chambers. The Committee shall be chaired by the Game Moderator, or by public declaration, the Deputy Game Moderator.

Section 2: Budget Control
1. The President shall submit to Congress a budget proposal by April 30th of each year for the fiscal year commencing October 1st, of the same said year.

2. Failure of the President to submit said budget process, shall result in the reconvening of the budget Process Committee,

3. The committee shall be formed with the same membership selection as described in section 1, and the mandate of said committee shall be the composition and submission to congress of a budget proposal for the same said fiscal year commencing October 1st.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 4-0-1 in the Atlasian Senate assembled

President of Congress

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:24:03 am by President fhtagn »Logged

President North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 01:37:07 am »

Who says bicameralism doesn't work! Tongue 

President of the Atlasian Republic

"A majority held in restraint by constitutional checks and limitations, and always changing easily with deliberate changes of popular opinions and sentiments, is the only true sovereign of a free people." - Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, emphasis mine.
People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 12:53:42 am »

Quote from: Executive Order #004
Executive Action
To reinstate the National Security Council

In order to coordinate and protect the military and security of the Republic of Atlasia, the National Security Council is hereby reinstated and established as a formal foreign policy council to advise the President. All these members shall have access to classified information regarding the security of Atlasia, and it's current operations.

The following members are hereby appointed to the National Security Council (NSC):

PiT
North Carolina Yankee
Snowguy716
Young Texan
Mr. Reactionary

I also hereby appoint North Carolina Yankee to serve as Chairman of the National Security Council.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 10:54:11 pm by President fhtagn »Logged

People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2017, 07:17:04 am »

Joint Resolution
To provide for the extension of current budget levels through the end of the year so as to provide the necessary time for the Budget Committee to do its job and restart the budget process.

Continuing Resolution to Avoid Shutdown

Funding for Atlasia's government will be maintained at current levels through December 31st

Passed 9-0 in the Atlasian House Assembled,

People's Regional Senate
Passed 6-0 in the Atlasian Senate assembled

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:38:58 am by President fhtagn »Logged

People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2017, 07:27:03 am »

Quote from: Executive Order #005
Executive Action
To appoint members to the Budget Process Committee

4. The Budget Process Committee shall consist of two representatives of the Executive Branch, appointed by the President, One member each from the House and the Senate who shall be elected by said chambers. The Committee shall be chaired by the Game Moderator, or by public declaration, the Deputy Game Moderator.

Per the Budget Process & Control Act, I hereby appoint Vice President PiT and Secretary of Internal Affairs Young Texan to the Budget Process Committee.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:25:29 am by President fhtagn »Logged

People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 12:37:17 am »

Harvey Aid Relief Act

Section 1-Title
1. The long title of this Act shall be known as the "Hurricane Harvey Aid Relief Allocations and Regional Accountability Act." It may be cited as the "Harvey Aid Relief Act", "HARA" or "HHARARAA."

Section 2-Initial Allocation of Funds
1. As the total value of uninsured damages is expected to reach $50 billion, the National Treasury shall immediately allocate $25 billion (under the recommendation and expectation that the Southern Regional Government should fund the other $25 billion from its own Treasury) to the Department of Internal Affairs.

Section 3-Conduction of Operations
1. The Department of Internal Affairs shall claim the responsibility to execute the operations listed below.
2. There shall be a deployment of national resources to conduct rescue operations of people trapped in affected areas, and to provide food and shelter to them until they can safely return to their homes.
3. There will also be funds given to victims whose homes or businesses have been destroyed once the damages to their properties are assessed by the state of Florida.
4. An amount of money determined by the SoIA will be spent on fixing and rebuilding destroyed Federal Government owned property.

Section 4-Timetable
1. The rescue and immediate aid relief as listed in Section 3-2 shall commence immediately upon the signing of this bill.
2. The distribution of funds shall commence as listed in Sections 3-3 and 3-4.

Section 5-Recommended Funding Source Portions Clause
1. Regarding Hurricane Harvey and all future natural disasters, the official "recommended portions" that the Federal Government and Regional Governments (of the affected region) are to pay would be 50% from the Federal Government and 50% for that affected Regional Government.

Section 6-Southern Region Accountability Clause
1. If the Southern Government fails to reach an agreement by October 1, 2017 to fund its recommended share as mentioned in Section 2-1, then the Federal Treasury will send an additional $25 billion to the Department of Internal Affairs to fund additional relief as listed in Section 3 under the premise that the Federal Government of Atlasia is not mandated to give future funds to the Southern Region again for aid in future disasters as long as it has an adequate budget surplus to cover its recommended portion (as listed in Section 5) of the cost of damages.

People's House of Representatives
Passed 9-0 in the Atlasian House Assembled,

People's Regional Senate

President of Congress

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:37:57 am by President fhtagn »Logged

President North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 02:46:35 am »

I would note that it took the House 4 days to pass Harvey Aid, it took the Senate, 13. And they have fewer members. Yet we get signaled out for being abolished. Tongue

President of the Atlasian Republic

"A majority held in restraint by constitutional checks and limitations, and always changing easily with deliberate changes of popular opinions and sentiments, is the only true sovereign of a free people." - Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, emphasis mine.
People's Speaker fhtagn
fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2017, 05:50:37 pm »

AN ACT OF CONGRESS
to allow working Atlasians to more easily create and join labor unions and protect workers' rights

Be it enacted in Both Houses of Congress Assembled,

POWER Act

Section 1-Title

i. The long title of this Act shall be, the "Prioritizing Our Workers' Employee Rights " It may be cited as "POWER"

Section 2-Organization of Unions
i. If employees at a company distribute and collect cards to form a union with the signatures of over half of the company's employees, a secret ballot election shall be held within 2 weeks and if a union is formed it shall serve as the official union for that company

ii. Official unions retain the power to collectively bargain on behalf of members in negotiations with the company

iii. Language on the aforementioned cards must be clear in expressing that the drive is for unionization, and must describe the level of dues to be paid

Section 3-Enforcement

i. Fines levied by the Atlasian Department of Labor against those convicted of violating the rights of workers to join or form unions without coercion or discrimination shall be increased by 20%

ii. The Atlasian Department of Labor shall from this point forward seek an injunction against firms engaging in discriminatory labor practices against employees seeking to unionize, if the allegations of discrimination have been properly investigated and proven in court

iii. Elections deemed as fair must be certified by the Atlasian Department of Labor within 1 month

Section 4-Employee Freedoms and Reponsabilities

i. Unions shall decide whether or not those who do not pay dues for union representation can receive the benefits of the union

ii. This measure bans the firing of employees based on union organization or membership

iii. Company violations of this act or labor standards as per the Atlasian Department of Labor's guidelines and statutory guidelines shall be made clear and taken into account during the government contract procurement process

iv. Government protected employee rights shall be listed in each workplace in clear, readable English, along with any other language spoken by over 15% of the population of that workplace's county

v. Employees have the right to report abuse by corporate or union officials without retribution in the form of losing their job or having wages garnished

Section 5-Mechanisms
i. This measure will be enacted immediately

ii. Enforcement will be carried out by the Atlasian Department of Labor

People's Regional Senate

President of Congress

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:39:23 am by President fhtagn »Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Print