WA-8: Reichert retiring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:04:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WA-8: Reichert retiring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: WA-8: Reichert retiring  (Read 20746 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: December 28, 2017, 09:40:16 PM »

Looking over the D candidates for WA-08 (The ones that matter and have a chance, IMO):

-Mona Das - Seems to be the most progressive, but also has raised the least money and seems to be running the weakest campaign.

-Jason Ritterreiser - Good background in being from Ellensburg, good presentation, not incredibly specific on policy, basically Generic D but that's a lot of Washington politicians. I think the strongest option.

-Kim Schrier - Leading the fundraising thanks to an EMILY's List endorsement. Running on more of a centrist platform. Is also the CONFRONT RUSSIA candidate in the race. My least favorite, which means she'll probably crush the primary.

-Stephen Hader - Wonky progressive, helped write the ACA, running a grassroots campaign, it's a shame he's so incredibly unlikable personality wise.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2017, 09:23:33 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2017, 09:25:24 AM by We Have A Pope »

Looking over the D candidates for WA-08 (The ones that matter and have a chance, IMO):

-Mona Das - Seems to be the most progressive, but also has raised the least money and seems to be running the weakest campaign.

-Jason Ritterreiser - Good background in being from Ellensburg, good presentation, not incredibly specific on policy, basically Generic D but that's a lot of Washington politicians. I think the strongest option.

-Kim Schrier - Leading the fundraising thanks to an EMILY's List endorsement. Running on more of a centrist platform. Is also the CONFRONT RUSSIA candidate in the race. My least favorite, which means she'll probably crush the primary.

-Stephen Hader - Wonky progressive, helped write the ACA, running a grassroots campaign, it's a shame he's so incredibly unlikable personality wise.

I like Ritterreiser too, I think he'd beat Rossi.  Schrier could get the Democratic run-off spot, but from what I've read, it sounds like Ritterreiser has also been getting some national support too so hopefully he'll snag a run-off spot.  My guess is that it'll be Ritterreiser vs. Rossi with the former winning, but you probably know the area better than me.
DemocraticKing
Rookie

« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2017, 02:14:36 PM »

Where are you getting the fundraising #s from? Ballotpedia isn't providing any.

Greenpapers has fundraising. Opensecrets too. FEC website as well.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »

Dang you dems have some great candidates like whoa. I in all seriousness think those clownish candidates for a swing tilting republican seat I mean the dems couldn’t recruit a actual good person to run who has a track record of winning?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2017, 02:34:43 PM »

Dang you dems have some great candidates like whoa. I in all seriousness think those clownish candidates for a swing tilting republican seat I mean the dems couldn’t recruit a actual good person to run who has a track record of winning?

A dead rat can beat a perennial weakling like Dino Rossi in a blue tsunami year.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2017, 02:37:35 PM »

I have to agree with greedo, all Democratic candidates are weak.
Not one of them has sexually molested an underage girl.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2017, 02:58:39 PM »

Donald Trump says hi.

Anyway Rossi gonna get BTFO
Rossi raised 500,000 dollars in 10 days! Have fun but I think WA-8 is going to be the race that gives the house to the republicans.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2017, 03:26:21 PM »

Donald Trump says hi.

Rossi raised 500,000 dollars in 10 days! Have fun but I think WA-8 is going to be the race that gives the house to the republicans.

Mhm, a one seat majority. Impressive.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2017, 03:53:31 PM »

Donald Trump says hi.

Well this is if the house is at pure toss up and it’s like 5 seats that decide who controls the house WA-8 will be one of the 5 along with NE-2-MN-2 CO-6-WA-8 and AZ-2 those will decide the house.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2017, 06:02:24 PM »

Well this is if the house is at pure toss up and it’s like 5 seats that decide who controls the house WA-8 will be one of the 5 along with NE-2-MN-2 CO-6-WA-8 and AZ-2 those will decide the house.

Did you just pick a handful of random marginal House seats? Coffman's district doesn't strike me as the type to hold out until the end. It's D+2 and Clinton won it very comfortably.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2017, 06:04:27 PM »

Donald Trump says hi.

Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2017, 06:07:11 PM »

Did you just pick a handful of random marginal House seats? Coffman's district doesn't strike me as the type to hold out until the end. It's D+2 and Clinton won it very comfortably.
I picked Coffman because people are saying he is going to lose but I don’t think so considering he was first elected in 2008 and has won hard fought races before.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2017, 06:25:37 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2017, 09:02:19 AM by Brittain33 »

Rossi of course easily won this district many times, including the gubernatorial election won by Democrat Christine Gregoire.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2017, 06:45:51 PM »

I picked Coffman because people are saying he is going to lose but I don’t think so considering he was first elected in 2008 and has won hard fought races before.

Plenty of examples of that to go around.

Not to mention Nick Rahall, John Barrow, Ben Chandler, and Tim Bishop, who all survived the 2010 bloodbath but then went down in 2012 or 2014.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2017, 06:46:23 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2017, 09:02:40 AM by Brittain33 »

Rossi of course easily won this district many times, including the gubernatorial election won by Democrat Christine Gregoire.

It's all a game of cops and robbers to me.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2017, 07:04:29 PM »

Plenty of examples of that to go around.

Not to mention Nick Rahall, John Barrow, Ben Chandler, and Tim Bishop, who all survived the 2010 bloodbath but then went down in 2012 or 2014.
that is just because they got put into tougher districts
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2017, 09:33:38 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2017, 09:03:51 AM by Brittain33 »

Gillespie also won many areas in 2014 comfortably in which he was blown out in 2017. Same for Moore this year wrt his 2012 election.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2017, 11:00:02 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2017, 09:04:06 AM by Brittain33 »

Gillespie also won many areas in 2014 comfortably in which he was blown out in 2017. Same for Moore this year wrt his 2012 election.
Rossi won the 8th in all 3 statewide runs including when obama was the 8th by 15 points.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #193 on: December 30, 2017, 04:44:41 AM »

Part of the reason I keep talking about Dino Rossi is because my dad actually knows him heck he has his phone number but a fun fact for you all he would’ve been the first Native American governor if he had won in 2004 his mom is Native Alaskan.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #194 on: December 30, 2017, 12:11:12 PM »

As much as I would like to see Congressman Coffman lose, Likely R.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #195 on: December 30, 2017, 12:38:25 PM »

Rossi won the 8th in all 3 statewide runs including when obama was the 8th by 15 points.

That doesn't dispute my point.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #196 on: January 01, 2018, 10:13:44 PM »

Okay do you guys think a suburban-Conservative on the east swing district is ACTUALLY going to vote for https://mobile.twitter.com/DrKimSchrier she is a crazy progressive hack. When jay inslee was Winning statewide by 10 lost he lost WA-8 by 8 points. Because these people WANT tax cuts Washington doesn’t have a income tax so no one will punished in Washington. Then there is guy he has a SLIGHTLY better chance at beating Rossi since he isn’t as far left but come on https://mobile.twitter.com/JRittereiser .

These are the candidates for WA-8 see why the Dems won’t win now?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #197 on: January 01, 2018, 10:25:29 PM »

Okay do you guys think a suburban-Conservative on the east swing district is ACTUALLY going to vote for https://mobile.twitter.com/DrKimSchrier she is a crazy progressive hack. When jay inslee was Winning statewide by 10 lost he lost WA-8 by 8 points. Because these people WANT tax cuts Washington doesn’t have a income tax so no one will punished in Washington. Then there is guy he has a SLIGHTLY better chance at beating Rossi since he isn’t as far left but come on https://mobile.twitter.com/JRittereiser .

Governor Rossi thanks WA-08 for its margin in 2004
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #198 on: January 01, 2018, 10:44:12 PM »

Governor Rossi thanks WA-08 for its margin in 2004
Well did you take a look at my timeline I added on somethings Wink
The thing is a truely believe that Rossi was robbed of the Governorship and I think had been popular as governor would’ve ran and won the presidency.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #199 on: January 02, 2018, 02:51:38 AM »

Although I think Rossi is a greasy slimeball, if I was a gambler, I'd bet on him winning.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies