WA-8: Reichert retiring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:56:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WA-8: Reichert retiring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Author Topic: WA-8: Reichert retiring  (Read 20624 times)
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2017, 09:04:51 PM »

Rossi? Really? The perenial loser? Republicans would be smart to nominate someone fresh.
Rossi really you do realize he WON the governors race in 2004 right?
He won the first count and the second count but on third she narrowly won he tried to get 1 last count and the courts said no he is the rightful governor of Washington.

Yeah and Strickland actually won the governor's race in 2006. Sure helped him lots in 2016.
Ted Strickland was going against rob Portman who ran a incredible campaign plus ted Strickland lost reelection.
Dino is more like Charlie Crist he runs good campaigns but in the end of day you have to run in friendly territory like crist did last time.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2017, 09:24:00 PM »

Crist....was also a perenial loser until he caught one lucky break. Not the best comparison.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2017, 09:29:12 PM »

Crist....was also a perenial loser until he caught one lucky break. Not the best comparison.
So we're even then crist won once for gov same as Dino then lost the senate race then a governors race while crist made a comeback in 2016 Dino will make his comeback in 2018.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2017, 09:32:09 PM »

Endorsed, if true!
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2017, 09:40:28 PM »

Ted Strickland
Charlie Crist
Tommy Thompson
Bob Kerrey
Russ Feingold
Evan Bayh

Former office holders who've recently failed at comebacks. And Rossi never even won an election. A fresh face would be better for Republicans.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2017, 09:43:20 PM »

Ted Strickland
Charlie Crist
Tommy Thompson
Bob Kerrey
Russ Feingold
Evan Bayh

Former office holders who've recently failed at comebacks. And Rossi never even won an election. A fresh face would be better for Republicans.
Charlie crist just won a congressional seat same as what Dino Rossi is going to have come January 2019 Cheesy
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2017, 09:45:47 PM »

Ted Strickland
Charlie Crist
Tommy Thompson
Bob Kerrey
Russ Feingold
Evan Bayh

Charlie crist just won a congressional seat same as what Dino Rossi is going to have come January 2019 Cheesy

Yeah, but he also switched parties.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2017, 09:53:32 PM »

Rossi? Really? The perenial loser? Republicans would be smart to nominate someone fresh.
He won the first count and the second count but on third she narrowly won he tried to get 1 last count and the courts said no he is the rightful governor of Washington.

And Al Gore won the 2000 Presidential election.  Not so fun when it happens to your side, is it?
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2017, 09:56:47 PM »

And Al Gore won the 2000 Presidential election.  Not so fun when it happens to your side, is it?
Al gore is fake news I read that the media did recounts and it actually helped bush besides stop lying to yourself the reason gore lost was because the state of New Hampshire voted republican if he won New Hampshire he would have won.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2017, 10:00:16 PM »

While I'm not willing to say Rossi definitely won '04, I will grant that the King County mechanics were very suspicious and it is likely that the final count was incorrect. I would say the same thing about Florida 2000 and AL Gov '02.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2017, 10:03:14 PM »

And Al Gore won the 2000 Presidential election.  Not so fun when it happens to your side, is it?
Al gore is fake news I read that the media did recounts and it actually helped bush besides stop lying to yourself the reason gore lost was because the state of New Hampshire voted republican if he won New Hampshire he would have won.

Dino Rossi is fake news I read that the media did recounts and it actually helped gregoire besides stop lying to yourself the reason rossi lost was because the county of King County voted democratic if he won King County he would have won.  
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2017, 10:05:53 PM »

I never knew that there was a person whose worst enemy was Christine Gregoire
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2017, 10:16:47 PM »

Anyways, according to DRA, Rossi won this district 55-45 during his 2010 Senate run, so if he runs I imagine he wins.

Presidentially, Clinton won the seat by 3%, Obama '12 won the seat by 1.6%, and despite his wide victory in the 2001-2010 iteration of the seat, Obama '08 only won the current version of this district by 4.7%.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2017, 10:25:28 PM »

Dino Rossi will do what he does best if he runs, which is lose. He needs to take himself somewhere and retire. The poor child doesn't know when to quit.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2017, 10:38:50 PM »

Anyways, according to DRA, Rossi won this district 55-45 during his 2010 Senate run, so if he runs I imagine he wins.

I imagine the macro environment for Democrats in 2018 compared to 2010 would more than make up for that margin, especially as this was a particularly weak Republican district in the Presidential last year.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2017, 10:55:58 PM »

I never knew that there was a person whose worst enemy was Christine Gregoire

There is nobody duller to have as an arch nemesis than Chris Gregoire

I've actually met Rossi's daughter (and Rob McKenna's!). Both very nice for being daughters of wealthy GOP bigwigs.

Is it just me or does Dino Rossi look kinda like Bob Costas?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2017, 11:27:35 PM »

That was in a 4% loss for him statewide. Hardly typical for a Congressional race in Washington. Hard to imagine the 2018 results being that favorable for Republicans. Rossi would have a chance, but no one should be saying that he will definitely win.

Oh, and as far as the Washington gubernatorial race goes, some wise American men were fond of telling me last year "you lost, get over it." I think that may apply here.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2017, 11:28:55 PM »

And Al Gore won the 2000 Presidential election.  Not so fun when it happens to your side, is it?

Dino Rossi is fake news I read that the media did recounts and it actually helped gregoire besides stop lying to yourself the reason rossi lost was because the county of King County voted democratic if he won King County he would have won.  
Dude if you win the first and second counts then a third count turns *up* ballots that some how didn't get counted I'm going to call fraud now if there was one final recount and she won then I would say it was close but she won.
Besides you know who Riggs Elections democrats look at Texas in 1960 over voting in like 6 county's look at Illinois in 1960 dead people voted in New Jersey there were unconfirmed reports of fraud in 1960 look at the 2008 Minnesota senate race they found odd ballots and kept recounting till al Franken won even Hillary thought that the 1960 election was rigged.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2017, 11:29:19 PM »

Same.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2017, 11:30:31 PM »

While I'm not willing to say Rossi definitely won '04, I will grant that the King County mechanics were very suspicious and it is likely that the final count was incorrect. I would say the same thing about Florida 2000 and AL Gov '02.

Exactly when there are 2 counts that show Rossi winning then 1 showing what's her name winning that's odd.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2017, 11:32:09 PM »

That was in a 4% loss for him statewide. Hardly typical for a Congressional race in Washington. Hard to imagine the 2018 results being that favorable for Republicans. Rossi would have a chance, but no one should be saying that he will definitely win.

Oh, and as far as the Washington gubernatorial race goes, some wise American men were fond of telling me last year "you lost, get over it." I think that may apply here.
You're side lost by 70,000 votes Dino lost by 100ish votes after 3 counts.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2017, 11:50:35 PM »

Still being angry over an election that was 13 years ago is more than a little ridiculous and that's not even the topic of the thread. Move on.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2017, 11:51:04 PM »

Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2017, 11:51:57 PM »

Seattle
United States

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2017, 12:08:30 AM »

Perhaps the best thing I've ever seen on Atlas.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies