WA-8: Reichert retiring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:22:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WA-8: Reichert retiring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: WA-8: Reichert retiring  (Read 20713 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2017, 03:02:04 PM »

Still being angry over an election that was 13 years ago is more than a little ridiculous and that's not even the topic of the thread. Move on.

Your party is angry about an election 16 years ago so.....

Because we had friends and family die and lose limbs in a war resulting directly from that election. Stop thinking like an elections geek and more like a human being.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2017, 03:06:37 PM »

A glance at the WA general thread would reveal that there is indeed a good D bench. Wink
Mallot has 4 young daughters, so I see why he looks to be out.

Pat Sullivan would a good candidate. Hurst as well, but isn't he in 70s?

Well sure. As a new congressmen he and his family would inevitably have to meet Herr Gropenfurher, and then who knows what could happen?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2017, 03:12:33 PM »

^ IIRC - Hurst is very moderate. Will "activists" support him?

WA-08 isn't really 'activist' territory.

Good that such territories still exist...

Everyone is either too rich and comfortable to care about activism or works a back-breaking low pay job which leaves them with no time or energy to care about activism.

So wonderful, It's the ideal society.

Activists are people who want to make the world better than it currently is. It's good to know there are some areas where people realize everything is perfect already.

Activists are people who want "to make the world better" according to their own ideas about what the better world is, and without asking other people's  opinion on this subject. As a result - save me God from them, i will do everything else myself...

I assume that you despised Martin Luther King, Jr. then? Not exactly surprising, to be fair.

Oh c'mon Wolfentoad. That's obviously not what he meant.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2017, 03:30:32 PM »

Everyone is either too rich and comfortable to care about activism or works a back-breaking low pay job which leaves them with no time or energy to care about activism.

Activists are people who want to make the world better than it currently is. It's good to know there are some areas where people realize everything is perfect already.

Activists are people who want "to make the world better" according to their own ideas about what the better world is, and without asking other people's  opinion on this subject. As a result - save me God from them, i will do everything else myself...

I assume that you despised Martin Luther King, Jr. then? Not exactly surprising, to be fair.

Smoltchanov has stated that he likes racist Dixiecrats in the 1960s because they did what their constituents wanted them to do, so it isn't that big of a leap.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2017, 03:32:03 PM »

Smoltchanov has stated that he likes racist Dixiecrats in the 1960s because they did what their constituents wanted them to do, so it isn't that big of a leap.

I didn't know that. Sad to hear.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2017, 12:20:22 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2017, 03:01:03 AM by smoltchanov »

Activists are people who want "to make the world better" according to their own ideas about what the better world is, and without asking other people's  opinion on this subject. As a result - save me God from them, i will do everything else myself...

No, he had a lot of (IMHO) good ideas. But i wasn't 100% in agreement with him ... It would be "methods" disagreements, not "goals"....
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2017, 12:26:43 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2017, 08:52:33 AM by smoltchanov »

Activists are people who want "to make the world better" according to their own ideas about what the better world is, and without asking other people's  opinion on this subject. As a result - save me God from them, i will do everything else myself...

I never said that i liked them. I said, that it was only natural for them to be more or less supportive of segregation (racists) at that time, because 80-90% of their voters supported it. North Carolina defeated 2 congressmen, who refused to sign "Southern Manifest", in 50th - exactly because their voters were inclined to support segregation THEN. I doubt that could happen  now. As i said - you can't go against prevailing district's views without paying a political price. And HERE i agree with George Wallace: when Alabama was a racist, and to win you needed to be too - he was a racist. When Alabama stopped to be racist and changed - so did George Wallace (who got considerable Black support in his last governor race)

P.S. 1 (for better understanding of "native Englih speakers"): Would i vote for James Eastland in 1954 or 1960 if i would be a Mississippi voter (white southerner, as almost all Mississippi voters were then)? Almost sure, because i would be raised that way. Would i vote for "James Eastland-2017" nowHuh Of course - no.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2017, 09:33:14 AM »

I never said that i liked them. I said, that it was only natural for them to be more or less supportive of segregation (racists) at that time, because 80-90% of their voters supported it. North Carolina defeated 2 congressmen, who refused to sign "Southern Manifest", in 50th - exactly because their voters were inclined to support segregation THEN. I doubt that could happen  now. As i said - you can't go against prevailing district's views without paying a political price. And HERE i agree with George Wallace: when Alabama was a racist, and to win you needed to be too - he was a racist. When Alabama stopped to be racist and changed - so did George Wallace (who got considerable Black support in his last governor race)

P.S. 1 (for better understanding of "native Englih speakers"): Would i vote for James Eastland in 1954 or 1960 if i would be a Mississippi voter (white southerner, as almost all Mississippi voters were then)? Almost sure, because i would be raised that way. Would i vote for "James Eastland-2017" nowHuh Of course - no.

What George Wallace did was even worse because he knew pretty clearly better.  It's part of what made him a truly evil man.  You're only digging yourself a deeper hole by arguing racism/race-baiting politicians fine as long as racism/race-baiting is politically expedient.  Not gonna lie, that's pretty horrible (to say the least)!
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2017, 10:11:20 AM »

What George Wallace did was even worse because he knew pretty clearly better.  It's part of what made him a truly evil man.  You're only digging yourself a deeper hole by arguing racism/race-baiting politicians fine as long as racism/race-baiting is politically expedient.  Not gonna lie, that's pretty horrible (to say the least)!

Well, you are entitled to ypur opinion, i - to mine. And if you think that anybody's opinion here is critically important to me - then you are very wrong.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2017, 02:03:52 PM »

Don't derail the thread, guys.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2017, 02:16:13 PM »

Fair enough, deleted my last post in the interest of keeping things on topic.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2017, 11:12:28 PM »

Very sorry for offtopic. It happens sometimes. I already said what i wanted, so - suggest the same.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2017, 11:53:20 AM »

Dino is in Cheesy
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/state-sen-dino-rossi-announces-congressional-bid-to-replace-dave-reichert/
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2017, 12:01:32 PM »

Really Dino is a fantastic politician who lost after 3 counts again winning the first 2 counts,Dino Rossi is going to win this seat.
Rating change from Toss Up to Lean Republican.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2017, 12:22:16 PM »

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/state-sen-dino-rossi-announces-congressional-bid-to-replace-dave-reichert/
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2017, 12:28:35 PM »

We already have a thread for WA-08 (which you posted in), and one for congressional recruitment (where this topic should have gone). Why did you create a new thread?
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2017, 12:33:41 PM »

We already have a thread for WA-08 (which you posted in), and one for congressional recruitment (where this topic should have gone). Why did you create a new thread?
Sorry didn't know :/
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »

Rossi is old news, and 2018 probably won't be as good of a year for Republicans as 2004 or 2010. That said, still a Toss-Up, since it's a competitive district.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2017, 12:49:55 PM »

Watch Chris Gregoire move to the district and run just to spite Dino.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2017, 12:51:59 PM »

Endorsed.
Seattle
United States

« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2017, 04:03:55 PM »

Tossup R -> Tossup R

Let's see if the R Establishment coalesces around Rossi.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2017, 12:04:24 AM »

Lean R IMO
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2017, 01:53:56 AM »

Tilt to Lean R. Especially - in present configuration with "east of Cascades" counties.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2017, 04:55:47 PM »

What is it with failed statewiders getting a House seat as a consolation prize? Emmer, Buck, Crist (kinda), Gianforte, and now probably Rossi.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2017, 05:09:56 PM »

Don't forget Anthony Brown in Maryland and Karen Handel in Georgia!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies