WA-8: Reichert retiring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:47:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WA-8: Reichert retiring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA-8: Reichert retiring  (Read 20788 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 06, 2017, 11:54:02 AM »
« edited: September 06, 2017, 11:56:27 AM by publicunofficial »

As far as Republicans who could run for this seat: State Sen. Joe Fain, State Rep. Paul Graves, State Rep. Drew Stokesbary, King County Councilman Reagan Dunn, and State Rep. Jay Rodne.

Of those I'd think Dunn would be the strongest (Pretty sure he won this district when he ran for AG) and Rodne the weakest (Massive Islamaphobe).
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 12:00:53 PM »

Another possibility for Republicans is Dino Rossi.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 12:33:32 PM »

I'm sure that Reps can find someone better then a three-time loser who lost political relevancy in 2010. But maybe it is time for the Rossi comeback? 

I mean, he's an incumbent State Senator atm.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 03:02:09 PM »

Update on possible candidate:

Sen. Joe Fain (R) says he has "No interest" in running.
Rep. Drew Stokesbary (R) says it's too early to rule anything out, sounds like he may differ to Rossi
Reagan Dunn (R) is interested, but "focused on re-election to county council"

A few other Republicans reportedly being talked about: State Rep. J.T. Wilcox (From Roy, his district is mostly in the 10th) and Pierce County Councilwoman Pam Roach (From Sumner, a legendarily bad personality who isn't popular with party establishment).
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 02:21:13 AM »

Per DKE, Mallot's not running, but State House Majority Leader Pat Sullivan and a ex-state representative Chris Hurst are both considering and seem like they could be strong candidates (especially Hurst).

Hurst would be an amazing get, I didn't mention him before because I figured he was done with politics. The district he held basically encompasses all the Republican-leaning parts of WA-08 minus Chelan and Kittitas counties.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 03:45:55 AM »

^ IIRC - Hurst is very moderate. Will "activists" support him?

WA-08 isn't really 'activist' territory.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 02:33:00 PM »

Good that such territories still exist...

Everyone is either too rich and comfortable to care about activism or works a back-breaking low pay job which leaves them with no time or energy to care about activism.

So wonderful, It's the ideal society.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 01:29:33 PM »

Good that such territories still exist...

Everyone is either too rich and comfortable to care about activism or works a back-breaking low pay job which leaves them with no time or energy to care about activism.

So wonderful, It's the ideal society.

Activists are people who want to make the world better than it currently is. It's good to know there are some areas where people realize everything is perfect already.

"America is already great", you see.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 12:04:24 AM »

Lean R IMO
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 07:26:55 PM »

Agree with Ritterseiser probably being the strongest, though I like Das.

Also the Stranger employs some very good writers (Heidi Groover) and some very annoying d**kheads (Dan Savage)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 01:58:58 AM »

Agree with Ritterseiser probably being the strongest, though I like Das.

Also the Stranger employs some very good writers (Heidi Groover) and some very annoying d**kheads (Dan Savage)

Savage has coasted on making fun of Rick Santorum a decade ago for a loooong time

Though I do credit him for being a major voice in the marriage equality debate in WA in 2012. Crazy how fast that issue died down in just a half decade

The Stranger podcast might be the worst I've ever listened to from a left-wing outfit.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 09:40:16 PM »

Looking over the D candidates for WA-08 (The ones that matter and have a chance, IMO):

-Mona Das - Seems to be the most progressive, but also has raised the least money and seems to be running the weakest campaign.

-Jason Ritterreiser - Good background in being from Ellensburg, good presentation, not incredibly specific on policy, basically Generic D but that's a lot of Washington politicians. I think the strongest option.

-Kim Schrier - Leading the fundraising thanks to an EMILY's List endorsement. Running on more of a centrist platform. Is also the CONFRONT RUSSIA candidate in the race. My least favorite, which means she'll probably crush the primary.

-Stephen Hader - Wonky progressive, helped write the ACA, running a grassroots campaign, it's a shame he's so incredibly unlikable personality wise.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies