WA-8: Reichert retiring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:13:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WA-8: Reichert retiring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA-8: Reichert retiring  (Read 20645 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: September 06, 2017, 07:49:29 PM »

Toss-Up at worst for Democrats. Unlike GA-06, this is the kind of district where Trump is really toxic, and it's not like it's "ancestrally Republican". Reichert was just very entrenched, and he still came within inches of losing once.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 11:27:35 PM »

Anyways, according to DRA, Rossi won this district 55-45 during his 2010 Senate run, so if he runs I imagine he wins.

That was in a 4% loss for him statewide. Hardly typical for a Congressional race in Washington. Hard to imagine the 2018 results being that favorable for Republicans. Rossi would have a chance, but no one should be saying that he will definitely win.

Oh, and as far as the Washington gubernatorial race goes, some wise American men were fond of telling me last year "you lost, get over it." I think that may apply here.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 03:28:49 PM »

This seems like a district where running a generic Very Serious moderate would be a good idea.

I might not go quite that far, but it's definitely a district that would be less friendly to a Sanders-esque candidate than most in Washington.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »

Rossi is old news, and 2018 probably won't be as good of a year for Republicans as 2004 or 2010. That said, still a Toss-Up, since it's a competitive district.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 03:16:55 PM »

So now that we’re in December dino is still the only republican running while it’s a clown car race on the democrats side I still leave the race at lean republican.

It's not always the case that the side with the more crowded primary loses. In fact, in many recent elections, it's just the opposite.

I'll concede that Rossi will probably overperform a generic R here, but I'd expect a generic R to lose here by at least high single digits, if not double digits. Rossi will probably at least make a race out of this, but I'd rate it a Toss-Up, and my hunch is that it flips to the Democrats, given how toxic Trump is in this district.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies