Randy Bryce (@ironstache) internal shows Paul Ryan in big trouble
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:29:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Randy Bryce (@ironstache) internal shows Paul Ryan in big trouble
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Randy Bryce (@ironstache) internal shows Paul Ryan in big trouble  (Read 7051 times)
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2017, 04:16:36 PM »

I understand Jon Ossoff is a better fit for the suburbs but he ran a horrendous campaign and would have lost in any republican leaning suburb. End of story. He lacked a message and was robotic and uninspiring. This district is clearly too suburban for Randy Bryce, but that is not an excuse to run democrats who have no message. We just need someone that looks like an Obama or a Gillibrand as opposed to a Kaptur or a Sanders, who is polished and sounds and appears educated. but they can still have progressive views. It's more complicated then progressive vs. moderate
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2017, 06:56:46 PM »

Wait, in what world is working in a kitchen not blue collar?

I think it's safe to say the dividing line is somewhere in between working in some fast-food kitchen because you have to, and paying big bucks to a private college for years to study puff pastries, business management or whatever.

Even if we assume his work in the kitchen - however much of it there actually was - makes him a regular joe of sorts, he also owned and sold multiple businesses in the industry and spent the remainder of his career pre-campaign in government and the non-profit sector. I'm sorry, but I doubt he smacks of blue-collar culture with his background (something much more obviously present with a candidate like Bryce) and I clearly remember his campaign trying to frame him as "generic business owner" back in 2012.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies