Opinion of Blairite
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:38:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Blairite
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Blairite
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Opinion of Blairite  (Read 2805 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 05:36:44 PM »

Well we now know he's not a child, so that argument can be dropped.

Why's that? You two been exchanging dick pics?

I'm not cynical about Harris in particular, but really about the Democratic Party and American politics in general. Do I think Bel Edwards would be better than Harris in answering the needs of rural Americans? Maybe, I really can't say for certain. I will say that I am slightly more confident in his ability than Harris' due to his background and the state that he governs being largely rural and one of the poorest in the nation. What sort of experience does Harris have that is equivalent to that?

But the fact remains that rural America continues to crumble and not a thing is being done about it. There needs to be serious changes in the system, and I doubt that Harris has the political clout or platform to do. I don't blame Harris for not having a political career laser focused on the plight of the rural poor, it's not her problem. And that's why I would prefer to elect someone with a more class based background and platform, who is experience in dealing with rural issues.

Single payer sounds real nice, and I am willing to give Harris the benefit of the doubt, but she has yet to prove to me that she is anything more than an over hyped Democratic Rubio so far.
With all due respect, what about the just move argument. Some parts of rural (and urban) do not serve a purpose in the modern economy. I moved from rural Oregon to Los Angeles, and I don't have patience for people who won't do the same to find success.

Children tend not to move another state away on their own to find jobs.

Thanks for the snarky input, Captain Republican.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 05:39:09 PM »

He's eh as a person, but I dislike professional-class moderates politically, so tilt-hp.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2017, 08:02:19 PM »

That's why I oppose your name and ideology.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 11:47:26 PM »

Neoliberalism gave us Greece. Yeah great path for a prosperous and fair world! And your namesake is also a war criminal who helped pave the way for ISIS. Yeah I'm really not seeing how this leads to a prosperous and fair world...

My preferred alternative is Sanders-style and traditional center-left social democracy.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2017, 08:42:06 AM »

Ew.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2017, 08:45:13 AM »

Please. Stop. Attacking. New. Users.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2017, 02:35:10 PM »

We need better quality new users.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2017, 03:06:14 PM »

BRTD wants to show us all he's the alpha male of this internet political forum by creating a makeshift social hierarchy that mimics High School, except this time with the hierarchy inverted so he's at the top.

Alpha males don't exist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTyQgwVvYyc

The point is he's made many non-sequitor posts and posts that are objectively false and easily disproven via math.

Alpha males don't need to literally exist; see Plato's forms or Wever's ideal-type. You can still seek to be one.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2017, 03:42:53 PM »

BRTD wants to show us all he's the alpha male of this internet political forum by creating a makeshift social hierarchy that mimics High School, except this time with the hierarchy inverted so he's at the top.

The point is he's made many non-sequitor posts and posts that are objectively false and easily disproven via math.

Alpha males don't need to literally exist; see Plato's forms or Wever's ideal-type. You can still seek to be one.

Here's the thing: shouldn't women actually decide who is and isn't an alpha male?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 03:50:08 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2017, 03:53:38 PM by Parrotguy »

Here's the thing: shouldn't women actually decide who is and isn't an alpha male?

Nah, males should just stop trying to act like aggressive apes.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2017, 03:54:00 PM »

Nah, males should just stop to try act like aggressive apes.

I understand can not you.

Sorry, before I edited something out it made more gramatical sense Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2017, 04:15:45 PM »

I had always sort of assumed it was more of an observer thing; the male in question obviously can't decide that he is one, but I would think it within the purview of a male observer to label as such, assuming they can establish that he rules the pack, can easily put down fellow males--both within and outside the pack--or whatever prerequisites we want to establish. That said, a woman's perspective could be particularly useful as alpha masculinity doesn't necessarily serve a purpose if said male can't mate.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2017, 04:43:59 PM »

I had always sort of assumed it was more of an observer thing; the male in question obviously can't decide that he is one, but I would think it within the purview of a male observer to label as such, assuming they can establish that he rules the pack, can easily put down fellow males--both within and outside the pack--or whatever prerequisites we want to establish. That said, a woman's perspective could be particularly useful as alpha masculinity doesn't necessarily serve a purpose if said male can't mate.

Really, the only alpha on Atlas is Dave. No wonder I gravitate toward him.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2017, 06:02:22 PM »

Really, the only alpha on Atlas is Dave. No wonder I gravitate toward him.

[Insert Kissinger quote on power]
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2017, 09:38:49 PM »

Not really in a position to dislike his current username, since Michael Bloomberg basically owns my university.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2017, 07:29:47 AM »

I mean, it is objectively funny somebody in America in 2017 identifies as a Blairite.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2017, 07:46:06 AM »

I mean, it is objectively funny somebody in America in 2017 identifies as a Blairite.

Of course this is the sort of place where someone born in 1995 registering under the name "Reagan Democrat" wouldn't be surprising.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2017, 08:20:10 AM »

I admire how he brought third way-ism to life, and didn't ponder endlessly on what my username should be (I made this account with the intent of just posting one map of congressional districts I made.)

You should have named yourself "Bob Hawke". He was a good Third Wayer unlike Blair who was (and is) a tool.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2017, 05:09:02 PM »

I admire how he brought third way-ism to life, and didn't ponder endlessly on what my username should be (I made this account with the intent of just posting one map of congressional districts I made.)

You should have named yourself "Bob Hawke". He was a good Third Wayer unlike Blair who was (and is) a tool.

[quote=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVH4vXgNRmY]here's a perfect example of why he was good[/url]
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2017, 01:18:50 PM »

I don't think there is a dumber poster on Atlas at the moment.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies