HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:42:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: HRC Book Megathread - HRC - "No absolution for women who didn't vote for me"  (Read 10536 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 01:32:27 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Biden was not from the opposite camp as he never endorsed Clinton in the primary. He got fewer votes in the Iowa caucus than Sarah Palin got for mayor of Wasilla. If Obama had true balls he would have picked Hillary.
But Biden did well with WWC which Obama needed. The point being Hillary picked someone from more or less her side in Kaine over someone more progressive to sure up the Sander's base

The 2008 primaries was about more than just WWC vs. anti-WWC. I mean by that standard Kaine did well with southerners, Catholics and white men which Hillary needed. Hillary's not saying Bernie's impact on the campaign invalidated her own impact on the race, or that it was greater. But she is saying he had a negative impact on her GE. That was undoubtedly true.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2017, 01:34:24 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Biden was not from the opposite camp as he never endorsed Clinton in the primary. He got fewer votes in the Iowa caucus than Sarah Palin got for mayor of Wasilla. If Obama had true balls he would have picked Hillary.

Repeating 2008 RNC talking points even if these were proven factually inaccurate back then?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2017, 04:56:21 PM »

Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2017, 10:21:16 PM »

Sanders tells Clinton to stop arguing about 2016 & asks for her help & support in the fight against Trump

Stephen Colbert asked tonight’s Late Show guest, Sen. Bernie Sanders what he would like to ask upcoming show guest Hillary Clinton.“We have got to think ‘Going Forward’,” Sanders told Colbert in response. “I would like her to join us in the fight for a Medicare-for-all single payer system, in taking on the fossil fuel industry so we transform our energy system away from fossil fuel and move toward sustainable energy.

“We need her help to go forward. Let’s not keep arguing about 2016,” Sanders suggested. “Let’s get together, take on Trump’s desire to divide us up. Let’s go forward with a progressive agenda. “Ask her if she will do that,” Sanders said as Colbert’s crowd expressed wild enthusiasm for the idea.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/bernie-sanders-stephen-colbert-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-video-1202164040/
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2017, 10:24:16 PM »

This is sad to watch.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2017, 07:36:34 AM »

Hillary Clinton said Thursday that she was devastated and drained after her loss to Donald Trump in 2016, but regained her strength by relying on a mix of prayer, yoga and "my fair share of Chardonnay." "I relied on several tools, one of which was prayer, and I was lifted up and blessed by a lot of people who sent me prayers, sent me spiritual readings," she said. "I also had the support of my family. ... My friends rallied around and were so supportive. I did some yoga. Tried alternative nostril breathing." And, in a light moment, Clinton added, "Yes, I had my fair share of Chardonnay."

"We were in the back seat of our car on the way back to our home," she said. "I couldn't speak, I couldn't really have any internal resources left." She added: "Through it all, my faith was really holding me together in a very central way. It gave me a lot of courage to get up and keep going."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/07/politics/hillary-clinton-book-event/index.html

She is behaving as if someone close to her died & her whole life has been shattered & reduced to nothing when she lost the Presidency.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2017, 07:44:35 AM »

Hillary Clinton said Thursday that she was devastated and drained after her loss to Donald Trump in 2016, but regained her strength by relying on a mix of prayer, yoga and "my fair share of Chardonnay." "I relied on several tools, one of which was prayer, and I was lifted up and blessed by a lot of people who sent me prayers, sent me spiritual readings," she said. "I also had the support of my family. ... My friends rallied around and were so supportive. I did some yoga. Tried alternative nostril breathing." And, in a light moment, Clinton added, "Yes, I had my fair share of Chardonnay."

"We were in the back seat of our car on the way back to our home," she said. "I couldn't speak, I couldn't really have any internal resources left." She added: "Through it all, my faith was really holding me together in a very central way. It gave me a lot of courage to get up and keep going."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/07/politics/hillary-clinton-book-event/index.html

She is behaving as if someone close to her died & her whole life has been shattered & reduced to nothing when she lost the Presidency.

Um, needling her on this passage is actively cruel.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2017, 07:48:43 AM »

Shadows' seemingly pathological lack of empathy for Hillary Clinton knows no bounds. Tongue
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2017, 07:54:33 AM »

Shadows' seemingly pathological lack of empathy for Hillary Clinton knows no bounds. Tongue

I hear he doesn't have a lot of empathy for Augusto Pinochet, either.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2017, 08:01:17 AM »

Hillary=/=Pinochet
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2017, 08:43:20 AM »

Hillary=/=Pinochet

Hillary & Pinochet aren't the same. I also don't subscribe to Jimmy Dore's rhetoric that Hillary = Trump in most issues. Hillary is a woman who has faced a lot of unnecessary crap & shi* thrown her way by Fox & the right wing conspiracy theorists including stuff like Pizzagate which was despicable shi*. And the never ending ridiculous GOP investigations into everything frivolous & the demonizing of her.

Her husband has also put her through a lot of terrible situations which no-one deserves. So, I do have empathy for her in that regard. However, people need to face honest criticisms, especially if they are in the political life. She lost to freaking Trump due to her own problems & is still making excuses & is throwing dirt at honest people who are fighting Trump.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2017, 08:50:48 AM »

How dare Hillary express how she really feels! /s

Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2017, 08:56:46 AM »

Hillary's former Counselor & surrogate goes on Fox & lies about Sanders, saying Bernie wanted to nationalize the oil, gas, telecom & banks. And then says "Shame on you Bernie" because apparently he didn't campaign hard enough for Hillary. Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl34DKgCM_8

I guess the knives are out for Bernie from the Clinton wing. He is not the only one. Surrogates after surrogates are going on TV & are viciously attacking Bernie.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2017, 09:08:57 AM »

Trump hits new low in public opinion — but he's still beating Hillary Clinton

The number of Americans who say they hold positive views of President Donald Trump has dropped to its lowest point since his inauguration, according to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Wednesday. But the survey offered Trump at least one potential bit of solace: He’s still beating Hillary Clinton.

Just 36 percent of those reached by pollsters said they have either very or somewhat positive feelings about Trump, 2 points lower than in the poll’s June iteration. But at 36 percent, Trump still finished 6 points higher than Clinton, his 2016 Democratic opponent, about whom just 30 percent of respondents said they feel either very or somewhat positive.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/06/trump-public-opinion-better-than-hillary-clinton-242398

Clinton's approval crashes to 30%, 6% less than Trump's. Trump is beating Clinton by 6% in approvals
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2017, 09:10:30 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2017, 09:16:59 AM by superbudgie1582 »

Is this the "Shadow hates Hillary Clinton" megathread?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2017, 10:48:29 PM »

Hillary Clinton Says She ‘Maybe Missed a Few Chances’ During Presidential Campaign

“People say, ‘Well, we don’t know her’ – and I think my composure, which I have developed over years being in the public eye – has well equipped me for being a leader, because you should keep your cool, and you should be steady and predictable. But I think in this time we’re in, particularly in this campaign, you know, maybe I missed a few chances,” Clinton said.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/hillary-clinton-jane-pauley-cbs-evening-news-1202552684/
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2017, 10:50:11 PM »

Mr Sanders also added a jibe: “Secretary Clinton ran against the most unpopular candidate in this history of this country and she still lost. “But our job now is not to go backwards, it is to go forwards.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-criticism-donald-trump-lost-to-unpopular-candidate-a7936071.html
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2017, 02:59:56 AM »

Imagine if John Kerry came out in with a book in 2005 all about how losing the election wasn't his fault.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2017, 06:58:22 AM »

Imagine if John Kerry came out in with a book in 2005 all about how losing the election wasn't his fault.

John Kerry was still a senator in 2005. Hillary Clinton is private citizen.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2017, 07:05:51 AM »

Hillary Clinton Says She ‘Maybe Missed a Few Chances’ During Presidential Campaign

“People say, ‘Well, we don’t know her’ – and I think my composure, which I have developed over years being in the public eye – has well equipped me for being a leader, because you should keep your cool, and you should be steady and predictable. But I think in this time we’re in, particularly in this campaign, you know, maybe I missed a few chances,” Clinton said.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/hillary-clinton-jane-pauley-cbs-evening-news-1202552684/

Wow, that's some progress.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2017, 09:43:07 AM »

This.

Not to mention--- She got upset by a reality television star. I want to hear what she has to say. Two days before the election I remember hearing a poll that 70 percent of Americans thought she was going to be the next president. Hell, she had Obama in her corner predicting a victory and most media outlets predicting a landslide. I know her haters want her to curl up in a cave somewhere but people are interested in hearing her perspective. If you don't want to hear it, it's pretty easy to tune it out. Strange how the people who dislike her seem to be the ones who can't get enough.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2017, 10:11:48 AM »

This.

Not to mention--- She got upset by a reality television star. I want to hear what she has to say. Two days before the election I remember hearing a poll that 70 percent of Americans thought she was going to be the next president. Hell, she had Obama in her corner predicting a victory and most media outlets predicting a landslide. I know her haters want her to curl up in a cave somewhere but people are interested in hearing her perspective. If you don't want to hear it, it's pretty easy to tune it out. Strange how the people who dislike her seem to be the ones who can't get enough.
I'm fine with her perspective the problem is she seems to be just blaming everyone else for the loss. Like I ranted on it earlier the blame she is putting on Bernie is bs and comes off so unsympathetic on her part.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2017, 10:52:27 AM »

This.

I'm fine with her perspective the problem is she seems to be just blaming everyone else for the loss. Like I ranted on it earlier the blame she is putting on Bernie is bs and comes off so unsympathetic on her part.

You formed the entirety of your opinion on excerpts posted by shadow when the book is hundreds of pages long. She did not write this book solely to blame others, and if you actually read it or read reviews of it you'd see that.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2017, 10:54:54 AM »

You formed the entirety of your opinion on excerpts posted by shadow when the book is hundreds of pages long. She did not write this book solely to blame others, and if you actually read it or read reviews of it you'd see that.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2017, 11:13:14 AM »

I know her haters want her to curl up in a cave somewhere but people are interested in hearing her perspective.

Shadows most of all, apparently! He loves to share every tidbit with us as soon as it hits the airwaves.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies