New 2018 Senate control rating?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:31:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New 2018 Senate control rating?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ?
Safe R

Likely R

Lean R

Tossup

Lean D

Likely D

Safe D

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 120

Author Topic: New 2018 Senate control rating?  (Read 3437 times)
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2017, 06:23:41 PM »

Still Likely R IMO. the Democrats would have to not lose a single seat whilst also gaining at least 2, which is of course going to be very difficult.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2017, 06:59:25 PM »

It's possible they nominate Kelli, but he phrased this as the best-case scenario. Best-case means literally everything that has even a slight chance of going in Republicans favor goes in Republicans favor.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about AZ, but it's hard to see the Republicans holding the state given that it only went for Trump by 3. Also, McSally is incredibly overrated.

The man speaks the truth. The AZGOP is stuck between a rock and another rock when it comes to their three most high-profile candidates: Ward is a loon, McSally is a black hole where charisma goes to die, and Salmon is an asshole.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2017, 07:11:01 PM »

Still Likely R IMO. the Democrats would have to not lose a single seat whilst also gaining at least 2, which is of course going to be very difficult.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2017, 09:04:25 PM »

Surprised how few of you have considered the possibility of McCain dying/resigning. I think he has to make it to May 30th, 2018, which is the official filing deadline for Arizona next year, and I don't know if I'd be optimistic that he does. If something happens, I happen to think that would increase the likelihood of a Democratic Senate by a substantial amount.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2017, 09:41:44 PM »

Maybe Bannon can run Kelli Ward for the regular seat and Joe Arpaio for the concurrent special one?

I think Ducey would end up appointing someone who would try to hold the seat, and I seriously doubt he'll appoint either of those dubious figures, but there could be another dumb R primary. I could see Sinema and Stanton running some kind of joint campaign, and if you have Joe Arpaio on the ballot somehow, Maricopa could really explode like the ticking time bomb that it is for Republicans.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies