Vice Presidential Speech on the Midterm Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:48:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vice Presidential Speech on the Midterm Elections
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vice Presidential Speech on the Midterm Elections  (Read 511 times)
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2005, 12:12:10 AM »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to thank all of you for your participation in the recent midterm elections. Turnout was fairly strong, and the races were generally interesting.

I would also like to thank our outgoing Senators, King, MHS2002, and Harry. All of them have been excellent representatives of the public, and have served the People well.

Finally, but most importantly, I would like to congratulate Defarge, Al, Ebowed, PBrunsel, and Gabu on being elected or re-elected. I greatly look forward to working with all of you in the Senate. As you may know, the next Senate session begins on September 2.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 12:13:39 AM »

Thank you, Emsworth.  I look forward to working with you.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 12:20:37 AM »

Congrats guys. This Senate should have more leftist representation, but I'm sure the rest of you will be able to keep them in check.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 12:28:31 AM »

Could someone please fire ilikeverin for not being able to run the election booth properly?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »

Could someone please fire ilikeverin for not being able to run the election booth properly?

Can't he just not count any votes that have occurred after midnight?  It seems to me that it would be not difficult to do so.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 12:50:17 AM »

Can't he just not count any votes that have occurred after midnight? 
To be fair, the Voting Booth does contain a warning that one should not vote after midnight Sunday. So yes, I believe that such votes would not count.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 12:58:08 AM »

Can't he just not count any votes that have occurred after midnight? 
To be fair, the Voting Booth does contain a warning that one should not vote after midnight Sunday. So yes, I believe that such votes would not count.

That, and I believe that the Constitution provides that the voting booth be open for only 72 hours, so even if he didn't give a warning, it seems to me that that would still apply.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies