Early VA-Sen swing map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:06:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Early VA-Sen swing map
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Early VA-Sen swing map  (Read 2999 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2018, 04:32:44 PM »

Utterly amazing. This is Kaine doing 10 points better than in 2012.

NUT. Pound sand, Racist VA Hicks!

Cut them a little slack, some of them that voted for Trump came back

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2018, 04:36:48 PM »

Utterly amazing. This is Kaine doing 10 points better than in 2012.

NUT. Pound sand, Racist VA Hicks!

This is a fascinating map. As I said before, Kaine's 16-pt. margin of victory was powered by his strong performance in Northern Virginia, the Richmond metropolitan area, Hampton Roads, and the Virginia Beach metropolitan area, with Charlottesville, Albermarle County, Roanoke, and the rural counties in Southeastern Virginia providing smaller contributions.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2018, 06:44:12 PM »

You do realise that gaining a majority is impossible with writing off rural (and urban, a lot of the swings in WV, OH are in semi-urban areas) hicks and I'm pretty sure suburban voters will swing against the Democrats with a Sanders presidency, allowing Democrats to be in the permanent minority.

2004: GWB won bigly and the GOP got 55 senate seats! Permanent Republican Majority!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2008: Obama won bigly and his party got 60 Senate Seats and 257 House Seats!!!! In 2010 the Dems can add OH, NH, MO, etc. to their Senate arsenal! Permanent Democratic Majority!!!!
2010: Welp, the house is Republican for life now and Obama is done in 2012!!!
2012: Republicans will never ever ever win the Presidency Again!!! Permanent Democratic Majority folks (once the house is no longer gerrymandered)!!!!!
2016: Well, well, well, if Donald Trump can win now, the Democratic Party should just go die in a hole somewhere. They'll never even win races for dog catcher. Permanent Republican Majority!!!!

2018: Democrats did okay, but they didn't win by enough, so....Permanent Republican Majority!!!

Certainly a departure from the usual trend, lol Tongue
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2018, 07:28:13 PM »

Can someone please please check on rINO Tom!? These swing maps in VA, TX, GA and AZ are gonna put him in a coma

ACKSHUALLY Icespear foolishly only posted the SWING map but the key ingredient is to look at the TREND map:

Now I know the atlas elites like to say this map SHOWS rurals trending R and suburbs trending D but I have yet to see what anybody has said about THE CEILING Dems COULD have in SUBURBS. HAVE YOU THOUGHT THAT THROUGH.

There’s a

C
E
I
L
I
N
G

For Dems in the SUBURBS and COLLEGE EDUCATED WHITE areas.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2018, 08:42:41 PM »

Can someone please please check on rINO Tom!? These swing maps in VA, TX, GA and AZ are gonna put him in a coma

I checked on him a few days ago and he seemed to be okay. Maybe the magnitude of the burbstomping hadn't set in yet. Stage 1 and all.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies