TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:23:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43]
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For In a Matchup
Phil Bredesen (D)
Marsha Blackburn (R)
The Libertarian
Other
Undecided
Abstain
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi  (Read 92300 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: November 06, 2018, 11:40:56 PM »

Me and Timmy tried to tell you guys, but you wouldn't listen...

Put down the pom poms next time.

The math just wasn’t there. Southern white evangelicals are too strong. But they didn’t listen...

Forgive them Timmy, they know not what they do...the pom poms are too loud.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1051 on: November 06, 2018, 11:43:51 PM »

As I said in another thread, this is what happens when Democrats run as Republican-lite these days.

I can only hope the Democratic party heeds Truman's warning soon - if they do so in time for the 2020 election, I think they could pick up 5 or more seats in that year.

How do you explain Joe Manchin?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1052 on: November 07, 2018, 12:50:17 AM »

Fun fact DTC pointed out to me: Phil Bredesen didn’t win a single county that Hillary Clinton lost. He also did far better than her in Nashville. Those 2016 trends are damn strong.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1053 on: November 07, 2018, 12:56:24 AM »

Fun fact DTC pointed out to me: Phil Bredesen didn’t win a single county that Hillary Clinton lost. He also did far better than her in Nashville. Those 2016 trends are damn strong.

LMAO THE BLACK MAN won more counties than strong candidate Phil Bredesen.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1054 on: November 07, 2018, 01:00:49 AM »

Espy, Rosen and Sinema will win. ND, MO, FL and IN is gone. So a  net loss of 1 or 2 seats, in Senate 47D-52R

I am sure NC, ME and CO can fill the void in 2020

Unless Trump starts a nuclear war against Australia, life-sized human toe Thom Tillis will win in 2020 despite all of the "Weak Lean R/Toss up"s people on this site want to give it.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1055 on: November 07, 2018, 01:27:48 AM »

As I said in another thread, this is what happens when Democrats run as Republican-lite these days.

I can only hope the Democratic party heeds Truman's warning soon - if they do so in time for the 2020 election, I think they could pick up 5 or more seats in that year.

I think he was lucky. His margin of victory this year was much narrower than those of his previous statewide elections, and I think he may have lost had he faced a more capable Republican opponent.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1056 on: November 07, 2018, 01:35:44 AM »

But Atlas told me 2016 was a one off!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1057 on: November 07, 2018, 03:21:31 AM »

I think he was lucky. His margin of victory this year was much narrower than those of his previous statewide elections, and I think he may have lost had he faced a more capable Republican opponent.

I agree fully. If Jenkins had been the Republican nominee, Manchin would have lost by as least as much as McCaskill did, and possibly by as much as Heitkamp, Donnelly, and Bredesen.
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« Reply #1058 on: November 07, 2018, 03:22:44 AM »

But Atlas told me 2016 was a one off!

Atlas was wrong. 2016 was a realignment.

Some political scientists don't really buy into realignment but I'm an advocate. I wrote my term paper about it, 1992 specifically. I think we will look back on 2016 the same way.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1059 on: November 07, 2018, 03:46:51 AM »

What I tell ya
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1060 on: November 09, 2018, 01:29:47 AM »

The 2016 trends are on steroids. The Kenyan Muslim Marxist did far better 10 years ago in rural TN than the former popular blue dog Governor.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1061 on: November 09, 2018, 01:51:43 AM »

The 2016 trends are on steroids. The Kenyan Muslim Marxist did far better 10 years ago in rural TN than the former popular blue dog Governor.

Jesus Christ, lmao.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1062 on: November 09, 2018, 02:07:56 AM »

Jesus Christ, lmao.

It's astounding to me how Bredesen managed to get to 44%, and still could not flip any of the counties Trump won. He seems to have gotten over the 40% mark by outperforming Hillary Clinton in Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga, and Knoxville, and to a lesser extent, in the Nashville suburbs.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1063 on: November 09, 2018, 08:04:00 PM »

-snip-

Jesus Christ, lmao.

It's astounding to me how Bredesen managed to get to 44%, and still could not flip any of the counties Trump won. He seems to have gotten over the 40% mark by outperforming Hillary Clinton in Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga, and Knoxville, and to a lesser extent, in the Nashville suburbs.

Yeah this is amazing given the the fact that Bredesen historically had such a blue dog rural heavy coalition. It’s important to remember that he did worse in Davidson and Shelby county in 2002 when he won statewide by 3 than Hillary Clinton did despite losing statewide by 26. He lost by 11 points in the end when Hillary lost by 24 and he still didn’t net gain any counties over her.

I think this suggest that future senate wins for Democrats in these type of red states will have to come from supercharging the cities and suburbs while accepting heavy losses in the countryside. There’s just no other path.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1064 on: November 09, 2018, 10:23:16 PM »

Jesus Christ, lmao.

Yeah it is incredible I thought atleast Hardeman would certainly flip unless Bredesen got Linda Lingle numbers.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1065 on: November 11, 2018, 06:19:45 PM »

Yikes

I wonder what happened with this. Were the supposed GOP internals simply garbage, or were the "GOP sources" playing Dems like a fiddle?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1066 on: November 11, 2018, 06:31:37 PM »

Yikes

I wonder what happened with this. Were the supposed GOP internals simply garbage, or were the "GOP sources" playing Dems like a fiddle?

Probably but they said the same stuff for Texas and those internals were getting true. Again polls generally underestimate racist rural hicks and Illegal border crossers all the time.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1067 on: November 11, 2018, 09:12:01 PM »

Jesus Christ, lmao.

Yeah it is incredible I thought atleast Hardeman would certainly flip unless Bredesen got Linda Lingle numbers.

Hardeman was even an Obama 2012 county.  I was quite surprised Blackburn won it.  I also thought Bredesen had a good chance of flipping Hamilton (Chattanooga) and a 50-50 chance at Knox, but was stunned to see Bredesen eclipse 70% in Davidson and thought Blackburn held up better than expected in the Nashville suburbs (which did trend significantly in his favor, but I thought would trend more in his favor since Blackburn is not a great fit for the suburbs like I felt Lee was), save Rutherford County (which is now voting significantly to the left of all other suburban counties).

I didn't realize how different Franklin/Brentwood/Nolensville (Williamson County) were politically to La Vergne/Smyrna (Rutherford County).  Those inner Rutherford suburbs were only narrow Trump wins (and I wouldn't be stunned if it turns out Bredesen won them), while inner Williamson suburbs continue to have a strong Republican loyalty, even if 75% has turned into 67% in recent elections (and lower in a semi-competitive statewide race like this one obviously).

I want to do a full TN analysis later, probably focusing on Nashville and its suburbs, but I want to be able to see precinct information first.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies