TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:58:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 43
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For In a Matchup
Phil Bredesen (D)
Marsha Blackburn (R)
The Libertarian
Other
Undecided
Abstain
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi  (Read 93103 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: October 08, 2018, 11:13:01 PM »

The Taylor Swift bump is real and will have more of an impact than Kavanaugh. White women will vote Democratic in droves.

This is a joke I hope

I actually agree with him. Swift's fan base is predominately young and female, ripe for the Democratic base. Idk if this will push Bredesen to victory in Tennessee, but she definitely did the Democrats a massive favor all across the nation.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Speaker Nancy Pelosi will only have Taylor Swift to thank.

I'm dead serious, my man.

Well she hasn’t helped much given that Bredesen is down by 14 points in the NYTimes poll. Only 120 responses so far, but still not looking good.

I literally said: "IDK if this will push Bredesen to victory in Tennessee". Read.

Hey, did you get that from me? Wink
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #851 on: October 08, 2018, 11:17:14 PM »

You know it Wink
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #852 on: October 08, 2018, 11:43:35 PM »

Even Luke Skywalker/The Joker agrees with Taylor Swift!

SCNCmod

« Reply #853 on: October 09, 2018, 11:02:52 PM »

Do (enough) voters in TN not think Marsha is too nuts to be in the Senate??  Especially compared to a highly respected 2 term Governor?

If anyone had told me (prior to this year) that Blackburn would be in the Senate one day- I would have laughed out loud.  I completely do not understand- even a Republican state- electing her to the Senate??

That's why I think Bredesen still has a shot, despite the poll.  (Surely Bredesen has a treasure trove of footage on Blackburn, for attack ads... to show that she is definitely outside of the mainstream.. that would peel out enough moderate republicans?)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #854 on: October 09, 2018, 11:05:43 PM »

Do (enough) voters in TN not think Marsha is too nuts to be in the Senate??  Especially compared to a highly respected 2 term Governor?

If anyone had told me (prior to this year) that Blackburn would be in the Senate one day- I would have laughed out loud.  I completely do not understand- even a Republican state- electing her to the Senate??

That's why I think Bredesen still has a shot, despite the poll.  (Surely Bredesen has a treasure trove of footage on Blackburn, for attack ads... that would peel out enough moderate republicans?)

Well the state right below TN has fewer white evangelicals and far more black voters but still came within two points of electing a pedophile (who mind you, barely beat a statewide democrat with obama on the ballot in 2012).

The math for Bredesen is just piss poor. I feel bad for the guy since he’d probably be winning in the vast majority of other Trump states.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #855 on: October 09, 2018, 11:11:57 PM »

Nashville and also Memphis should secede from the rest of TN and become 2 new city-states with 2 Senators each. Both would have populations greater than Wyoming, so they are deserving of 2 Senators each IMO.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #856 on: October 09, 2018, 11:22:17 PM »

Nashville and also Memphis should secede from the rest of TN and become 2 new city-states with 2 Senators each. Both would have populations greater than Wyoming, so they are deserving of 2 Senators each IMO.

Don't see a problem here! Why tf are there two Dakotas anyways?
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #857 on: October 09, 2018, 11:58:54 PM »

TN has shown no life towards the Dems in more than a decade at least with Bayh there was something to work with. No one should be surprised at the trajectory of this race.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #858 on: October 10, 2018, 12:12:35 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2018, 12:23:30 AM by IceSpear »

That's why I think Bredesen still has a shot, despite the poll.  (Surely Bredesen has a treasure trove of footage on Blackburn, for attack ads... to show that she is definitely outside of the mainstream.. that would peel out enough moderate republicans?)

In a word: Yes.

Is that really so surprising? States/districts far less Republican than Tennessee have elected nuts even worse than Blackburn in the past. The pussygrabber won this state by 26 points. A literal pedophile only lost in Alabama by 1 point and won 91% of Republicans (see sig.)
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #859 on: October 10, 2018, 09:45:20 PM »

Lying Bredesen betrayed by his staff.  Veritable catches his staff saying he just saying he was just saying that he would support Kavanaugh to get elected. He would not actually vote for him.  A staff members says Tennessee voters are ignorant.  One says he hates Trump.  They say he will be a good Democrat, if elected.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/10/okeefe-strikes-again-video-captures-tn-dem-candidate-phil-bredesen-in-classic-bait-and-switch/

THE HYPOCRITE IS CAUGHT. 

One of the staffers says this is how Doug Jones ran in Alabama.

This is the type of garbage most of you Democrats posting here support.

Bredesen:  What a Despicable Man.  A LIAR THROUGH AND THROUGH. 

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #860 on: October 10, 2018, 09:51:50 PM »

Lying Bredesen betrayed by his staff.  Veritable catches his staff saying he just saying he was just saying that he would support Kavanaugh to get elected. He would not actually vote for him.  A staff members says Tennessee voters are ignorant.  One says he hates Trump.  They say he will be a good Democrat, if elected.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/10/okeefe-strikes-again-video-captures-tn-dem-candidate-phil-bredesen-in-classic-bait-and-switch/

THE HYPOCRITE IS CAUGHT. 

LOL. Bredesen wasn't benefiting from supporting Kavanaugh anyway so O'Keefe wasted his time. All he proved is that the successful Tennessee governor doesn't really think the guy would make a good Justice. Most of America agrees.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #861 on: October 10, 2018, 09:52:06 PM »

THE HYPOCRITE IS CAUGHT. 

You know, I usually dislike you and think your points are generally quite bad, but this is an exception. There is really no denying that this is somewhat shameful and most of all INCREDIBLY DAMAGING. Yeesh, all the buzz I was hearing about the GOP having dirt on him, not just stopping at that he has given nearly half a million to national dems, is true. This hurts his chances badly and I can't deny it.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #862 on: October 10, 2018, 09:58:41 PM »

Wait so this was not even leaked, they literally told a bleeping journalist that?!?!?!?!? Are they nuts are they trying to lose?! The rest of you red state dems if you know what's good for your careers better run a damn tight ship for the next 27 days. Everyone knows that you feel the same way as Bredesen, BUT YOU CANNOT BLOW YOUR COVER!!
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #863 on: October 10, 2018, 10:07:07 PM »

THE HYPOCRITE IS CAUGHT. 

Lol what dumb staffers.

But this isn't really anything new. You're just looking for reasons to dislike a moderate respectable man because your viewpoints are very far to the right on every issue. It's OK to be a far right hack, but we get it by now Yankee.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #864 on: October 10, 2018, 10:12:43 PM »

THE HYPOCRITE IS CAUGHT. 

LOL. Bredesen wasn't benefiting from supporting Kavanaugh anyway so O'Keefe wasted his time. All he proved is that the successful Tennessee governor doesn't really think the guy would make a good Justice. Most of America agrees.

A majority of Tennessee voters disagree though. And they're the only ones that matter here.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #865 on: October 10, 2018, 10:19:27 PM »

THE HYPOCRITE IS CAUGHT. 

A majority of Tennessee voters disagree though. And they're the only ones that matter here.

My point is that Bredesen was already going down in flames as you said yourself earlier tonight. The Democrats should just own their position on Kavanaugh.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #866 on: October 10, 2018, 10:25:07 PM »

THE HYPOCRITE IS CAUGHT. 

Lol what dumb staffers.

But this isn't really anything new. You're just looking for reasons to dislike a moderate respectable man because your viewpoints are very far to the right on every issue. It's OK to be a far right hack, but we get it by now Yankee.

Why could he not have been honest about Kavanaugh?  Why did he lie about what his dealings with Trump would be like.  His whole campaign has been one of deception.  He really has disgraced himself.

I would guess I am no more of a political hack than you are.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #867 on: October 10, 2018, 10:34:11 PM »

Wait so this was not even leaked, they literally told a bleeping journalist that?!?!?!?!? Are they nuts are they trying to lose?! The rest of you red state dems if you know what's good for your careers better run a damn tight ship for the next 27 days. Everyone knows that you feel the same way as Bredesen, BUT YOU CANNOT BLOW YOUR COVER!!

O’Keefe says he has other tapes.  We shall see.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #868 on: October 10, 2018, 10:38:57 PM »

O’Keefe says he has other tapes.  We shall see.

I mean I believe him when he says that. There are enough idiots on campaigns to royally screw things up this badly... I just hope it's not Joe Manchin. I think this hurts Phil pretty badly, what do you think?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #869 on: October 10, 2018, 10:39:35 PM »

THE HYPOCRITE IS CAUGHT. 

Lol what dumb staffers.

Why could he not have been honest about Kavanaugh?  Why did he lie about what his dealings with Trump would be like.  His whole campaign has been one of deception.  He really has disgraced himself.

I support both Republicans and Democrats though. In Georgia I tend to support more dems, but it was the opposite back when I lived in New Jersey (and oh boy do I want to see Menendez lose).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #870 on: October 10, 2018, 10:39:55 PM »

THE HYPOCRITE IS CAUGHT. 

Lol what dumb staffers.

I don’t know, I don’t think DTC would support a pedophile
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #871 on: October 10, 2018, 10:48:18 PM »

Don't see a problem here! Why tf are there two Dakotas anyways?

We need to merge the Dakotas, merge Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. We can also chop off the Florida panhandle and give it to Alabama. It would also be smart to give DC and PR statehood and divide California into North and South.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #872 on: October 10, 2018, 10:56:12 PM »

THE HYPOCRITE IS CAUGHT. 

Lol what dumb staffers.

I support both Republicans and Democrats though. In Georgia I tend to support more dems, but it was the opposite back when I lived in New Jersey (and oh boy do I want to see Menendez lose).

I am supporting a lady Democrat for mayor of the city I live in against a man who most GOPers are supporting.  I only supported Moore because of the late hit was only made for the purpose taking a Senate seat.  I would have supported hearings into the matter and explosion.  Doug Jones was running a deceptive campaign just like Bredesen’s.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #873 on: October 10, 2018, 11:02:41 PM »

We need to merge the Dakotas, merge Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. We can also chop off the Florida panhandle and give it to Alabama. It would also be smart to give DC and PR statehood and divide California into North and South.

We need:

DC
PR
Split California into 5 Dem states
Split Long Island (including Brooklyn and Queens so it is Dem) from NY
Split New Jersey into North Jersey and South Jersey (both Dem)

That would give us 8 new states, which is what would be needed to balance the Senate to be a level playing field in terms of PVI.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #874 on: October 10, 2018, 11:36:35 PM »

We need:

DC
PR
Split California into 5 Dem states
Split Long Island (including Brooklyn and Queens so it is Dem) from NY
Split New Jersey into North Jersey and South Jersey (both

That would give us 8 new states, which is what would be needed to balance the Senate to be a level playing field in terms of PVI.
You need to open a new thread.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies