TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:17:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For In a Matchup
Phil Bredesen (D)
Marsha Blackburn (R)
The Libertarian
Other
Undecided
Abstain
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi  (Read 93077 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: October 31, 2017, 10:14:31 PM »

Just saw this poll.

Bredesen favorability: 34/29 (+5)
Blackburn favorability: 37/31 (+6)

No primary or GE numbers.

Someone didn't like this poll:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I mean, they have a good point.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 04:03:16 PM »

Sadly, he'd probably meet the same fate as supposed titans Linda Lingle and Evan Bayh.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 03:59:16 PM »

I'd vote Bredesen obviously, but he'd likely meet the same fate as Linda Lingle and Evan Bayh.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 04:00:37 PM »

I am just not seeing this.  Even if Nashville and Memphis do what NOVA and Hampton Roads did in VA-GOV and Williamson goes the way of Chesterfield, 2/3rds of the state is still basically VA-09 and filled with diehard rural Trump supporters.  This is a harder lift than Mississippi or Louisiana IMO.
It's more urban than Alabama at least, and the events of the past week have given the Dems a prayer in that state.

I'm pretty sure Blackburn isn't a pedophile.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 04:27:47 PM »

I'd vote Bredesen obviously, but he'd likely meet the same fate as Linda Lingle and Evan Bayh.

The Bayh analogy is an extremely generous view of Bredesen's hypothetical prospects. Lingle 2012 is his absolute ceiling, IMO.

I wasn't so much comparing the margins as I was the idea of "super popular former Governor entering an open seat Senate race in a state very unfriendly to their party, surely they'll be at least competitive if not favored to win" thing.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 03:51:06 PM »

New Mason-Dixon poll

Trump approval: 51/42 (+9)
Haslam approval: 57/30 (+27)
Alexander approval: 44/42 (+2)
Corker approval: 40/48 (-8)

@RINO Tom:

lol, if even Corker is that much more popular among Democrats, I can't even imagine the split on Collins.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 08:30:54 PM »

Sorry to interrupt the party (not really Smiley), but this will be Linda Lingle 2.0.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 08:49:53 PM »

Sorry to interrupt the party (not really Smiley), but this will be Linda Lingle 2.0.

Maybe Lingle 2.0 but with the possibility of half the losing margin. 2012 was not a good year for Republicans in general. Not the worst, but not neutral or good. I really can't find any way to say 2018 will not be bad for Republicans. The only debate imo is how bad.

Agreed. Bredesen will break 40%, and Blackburn is no Hirono.

Yeah, I agree actually. I forgot how much Lingle actually lost by. Bredesen will probably do a bit better than that.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 06:40:21 PM »

Cook changed the rating for this rate to Toss-Up, from Likely Republican. I think that's a bit too generous..

Cook's ratings are almost always terrible. This year is no exception.

Yeah, this is what I meant when I said that Sabato being better than Cook isn't saying very much, lol.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 01:49:26 PM »

Likely R.

How much of a raging lunatic Blackburn chooses to be will decide the race.

It might decide if she wins by 10 or 20 points.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 01:56:51 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2017, 01:58:37 PM by IceSpear »

Also, Bredesen was last governor 7 years ago, and last on the ballot 11 years ago. People have short memories. Sestak had pretty low name recognition in 2015 even though he probably had upwards of 90% in the tail end of 2010.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 06:55:17 PM »

Atlas has such good political instincts. He was supposed to be the Blackburn slayer!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 03:34:29 PM »

Bredesen is a proven, trusted guy. Blackburn is quite obviously a shill and a foot soldier for the trump cult.

Well, you just convinced Tennessee. Blackburn it is!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 05:49:28 PM »

Living in eastern Arkansas I ctatch the Memphis ads.  I have not seen a single Blackburn ad.  I see Bredesen ads almost daily.

I think she is in error not to have introduced herself in May.  Because of all the GOP Governor ads, it is probably best now to wait till August.

I think Bredesen may be over doing it.  Some of the current ads just add to ad irritation.

I now I am prejudiced.  But I think Bredesen’s ads are whimpy. In the end they won’t help him. They will wear thin.

But then my wife thinks they are good.  But she is getting tired of them.

If your Roy Moore supporting wife thinks that they are good, and you don't think that they are completely terrible, that ladies and gentlemen means Bredesen is doing a d@mn good job.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 06:09:19 PM »

If Bredesen loses (which tbh he probably will), it won't be because of this.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 05:21:59 PM »

Guys, voters are dumb. The fact that unemployment obviously rose during the recession and fell afterward is not something that would enter most of their thought processes naturally.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2018, 09:21:27 PM »

Guys, voters are dumb. The fact that unemployment obviously rose during the recession and fell afterward is not something that would enter most of their thought processes naturally.

The idea that voters are actually going to care what unemployment figures were 7 years ago is what's ridiculous here.

Well, they'll pretend to care if that's what their partisan overlords are telling them to justify their vote with.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2018, 06:38:21 PM »

He already has the Dem base which dislikes Corker, and the Trump cultists who started hating Corker because he dared to speak badly against the god emperor are unwinnable anyway. So the 15% who still approve of Corker are actually the exact people he needs to win.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 02:16:59 AM »
« Edited: August 07, 2018, 02:20:19 AM by IceSpear »

This was a comment on the YT video:

This is probably how tons of people who voted for Bredesen in the past feel. They may like him personally, but they can no longer vote for any member of the anti-white hate group. Hopefully he can make up for them with Williamson County RINOs, but I'm not optimistic.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 04:17:30 PM »

This was a comment on the YT video:

This is probably how tons of people who voted for Bredesen in the past feel. They may like him personally, but they can no longer vote for any member of the anti-white hate group. Hopefully he can make up for them with Williamson County RINOs, but I'm not optimistic.

Because a YT comment is representative of the entirety of TN.

If voters didnt want to vote for Bredesen to be a senator, we would see it in polling, and so far, it seems that this opinion is not shared by many.

Obviously it isn't, but I pointed it out because I believe it is indicative of a larger trend.

And it is shared by many apparently, considering he went by winning from ~40 points in 2006 to a small lead (at best) right now.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 12:16:27 PM »

I see Blackburn is leading in a new Gravis Poll.... the thought of Blackburn being elected to the Senate is a bit unsettling.

Why? Motormouth Marsha probably wouldn't even be in the top 5 worst Republican senators.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 03:31:11 PM »

Even if she wins she's gonna spend national money to do it. And that's national money not going to AZ, NV, MO, IN, ND, etc. So mission accomplished for Bredesen already - if he wins that's extra, and always has been.

Except Dems will presumably be throwing money at Bredesen as well.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2018, 11:07:57 AM »

The guy who supported the pedophile is right. Anything that helps Blackburn with RINOs is horrible news for Bredesen.

Just looking more and more likely that Motormouth Marsha sends Bredesen to the Thompson/Bayh/Allen/Lingle/Kerrey/Pawlenty/Strickland retirement home/support group.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2018, 11:16:58 AM »

The guy who supported the pedophile is right. Anything that helps Blackburn with RINOs is horrible news for Bredesen.

Just looking more and more likely that Motormouth Marsha sends Bredesen to the Thompson/Bayh/Allen/Lingle/Kerrey/Pawlenty/Strickland retirement home/support group.
When did you not believe this?

Never.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2018, 04:11:58 AM »

The NRA goes after Bredesen for using his 2002 ranking of A instead of hois current D rating.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/nra-demands-tennessee-dem-retract-ad-featuring-old-rating/

I think Bredesen has finally made the strategic mistake that will finally bring him down.  He would have been better for him to have stayed away from the issue or explained his current differences with the NRA rather than misstating his current ranking.  This merely emphasizes the weasel he as become. It opens him for attacks in other areas.

Since my wife has ordered me to plan to move to middle Tennessee next year and become a Tennessee Yankee, l look forward to Bredesen’s political demise.  

Just curious, are there any Democrats you like or would support? Or are you a partisan Republican? Bredesen is someone I would think could appeal to Republicans on some level.

(not hitting you for potentially being partisan, since I fully admit I'm a partisan Democrat)

He supported Roy Moore, so he'd support literally anything with an (R) next to its name. So he represents 90% of Republicans very well.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies