TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:32:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For In a Matchup
Phil Bredesen (D)
Marsha Blackburn (R)
The Libertarian
Other
Undecided
Abstain
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi  (Read 92307 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 05, 2017, 04:27:21 PM »

Randy McNally, Mark Lutrell, and even Bill Frist would be preferable to Blackburn.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 04:29:10 PM »

Matt Kisber or Mike McWherter would be good Democratic nominees.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 08:39:57 PM »

Matt Kisber or Mike McWherter would be good Democratic nominees.

Last time he was the Democratic nominee, Mike McWherter got 33% to Haslam's 65%.

He was running against Bill Haslam without any funding from the DNC. If he’d moderate his views on SSM and abortion(arguing for, say, even a 16-20 week ban), I could see him winning against Blackburn.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 11:13:23 PM »

In case no one has heard of him, Kisber is essentially the prototype of a pro small business politician*, at one point being . He has ties to Vanderbilt University, was Vice President of Business Development at Tennessee First, has twenty years in the state legislature, was in charge of the Department of Economic and Community Development, and has ties to Bredesen.

*National Coalition for Capital Formation even called Kisber a "Champion of Small Business".
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 12:23:17 AM »

So I was thinking about how strange it is that a good old boy state (TN) is considering electing a women (Marsha Blackburn) on a statewide level. And I was absolutely amazed by how much momentum she is getting. And I was mulling over on if she could ever be defeated, and I came out with an idea. What if democrats got a near clone to a Trumpian, except on some economic issues, and ran him against Blackburn? This candidate would be male, somewhat sexist, a little openly, and mostly indirectly, and go after Blackburn, distancing herself from "Real TN values" and not understanding us since she does not even know us and cannot accurately represent "us". Stuff like that. Throw red meat at the base of the opposite party, try to bring back enough TN white male votes, and form a coalition to win. Basically, take Blackburn down with a candidate like Trump, except a democrat, and have a combo of indirect sexism, social conservatism, and economic left wing positions, along with being male, to take Blackburn out of the senate in 2022. Essentially, even if a democrat did this in tn, they likely would not lose much of the female vote in state, and possibly draw enough tn white male voters with his rhetoric to form a winning coalition. What do yall think? Could this work, and is it ethical? I think it is ethical, anything to take down Marsha Blackburn besides violence, that is never ok.
This reminds me of that atlas post saying democrats should run a race baiting campaign against Tim Scott.

He's is just thinking strategically, totally ethical, in fact I like it so much, I'm gonna send a friend request.

Most obvious sock ever.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 12:37:57 AM »

Oh man, Blackburn losing her senate race would be the cherry on top of the blue tsunami in 2018.

Bredesen better bring up "her emails" every chance he gets

After all, she tried to bleach them from her illegal private server

Bleach them? Like with a cloth?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies