TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:58:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For In a Matchup
Phil Bredesen (D)
Marsha Blackburn (R)
The Libertarian
Other
Undecided
Abstain
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi  (Read 93101 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: August 21, 2018, 04:10:50 PM »

The guy who supported the pedophile is right. Anything that helps Blackburn with RINOs is horrible news for Bredesen.

Just looking more and more likely that Motormouth Marsha sends Bredesen to the Thompson/Bayh/Allen/Lingle/Kerrey/Pawlenty/Strickland retirement home/support group.
When did you not believe this?

Never.

Unfortunate but true. I have always projected Tennessee as Leans Republican, and I've never really thought Bredesen had a chance. Retreas do not do well.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 01:40:43 PM »

You seem to adhere to the view that every Democratic candidate should be an ideological purist, strictly abiding by the national platform. That won't work in a state such as this one. Candidates should have views that are within the range of those in the state or district in which they are campaigning.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 04:33:20 PM »

You seem to adhere to the view that every Democratic candidate should be an ideological purist, strictly abiding by the national platform. That won't work in a state such as this one. Candidates should have views that are within the range of those in the state or district in which they are campaigning.

You seem to adhere to being deliberately dense.

There's a difference between having ideological variation, and actively allowing people to support clearly unfit Judges like Kavanaugh. How anyone can be a Democrat, and put someone on the court who will A.) Who block Mueller B.) Gut Obamacare C.) Uphold Citizens United 

Even a broad church needs walls.

You should be very well aware of my dislike for ad hominem attacks, and at this point, I don't even deign to engage in conversation with those who employ them. You have earned a slot on my ignore list.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 03:18:48 PM »

Bredesen is done for at this point, so this is just another bad sign of how things have developed in Tennessee.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 04:34:44 PM »

You guys seriously underestimate how many self-described "Reasonable™" RINO Tom-type Republicans/"moderates"/"Independents" there are in Tennessee who would vote for their good ol' "moderate" former governor rather than the "shrill extremist" any time. This race is still very much competitive.

Most recent polls have shown Blackburn over 50%. I find it hard to believe that she will fall from that at this point.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 11:55:09 AM »

Polling has been very unreliable and contradictory this year, no one should be "shocked" if Bredesen wins this race (or if Espy wins in MS, for that matter), especially if the Democratic tidal wave everyone is predicting is real.

If Blackburn leads by mid-single digits (which is what the polling average shows), isn't it absolutely par of the course to have some polls showing her tied with Bredesen considering the margin of error and others showing her leading by high single digits? How is it contradictory?

Exactly. Bar a massive polling error, Blackburn is set to win, and only a major Democratic wave, I think, could push Bredesen into office. And that is not happening, not to the extent that many on here think.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 12:24:52 PM »

The Bredesen cheerleaders in this thread have gotten so desperate they’re now citing supposed insider information from a Washington post opinion columnist on Twitter.

Imagine having a brain that powerful.

Not to mention two recent polls have the race tied and outside groups and the GOP are still spending on this race AND Trump is going today? Sure, that really sounds like Blackburn is up by 9.
Are you seriously trying to reason with him? Bredesen could be leading by 10 and he would still call this Safe R based on his ridiculous assumptions about the Republican base.

But they are not ridiculous. Tennessee looks set to disappoint Democrats again, just like it did in 2006. And if this were still a true tossup, we would see more polls showing it as such, and from more widely known polling outfits.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 03:21:31 AM »

As I said in another thread, this is what happens when Democrats run as Republican-lite these days.

I can only hope the Democratic party heeds Truman's warning soon - if they do so in time for the 2020 election, I think they could pick up 5 or more seats in that year.

How do you explain Joe Manchin?

I think he was lucky. His margin of victory this year was much narrower than those of his previous statewide elections, and I think he may have lost had he faced a more capable Republican opponent.

I agree fully. If Jenkins had been the Republican nominee, Manchin would have lost by as least as much as McCaskill did, and possibly by as much as Heitkamp, Donnelly, and Bredesen.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 02:07:56 AM »

The 2016 trends are on steroids. The Kenyan Muslim Marxist did far better 10 years ago in rural TN than the former popular blue dog Governor.

Jesus Christ, lmao.

It's astounding to me how Bredesen managed to get to 44%, and still could not flip any of the counties Trump won. He seems to have gotten over the 40% mark by outperforming Hillary Clinton in Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga, and Knoxville, and to a lesser extent, in the Nashville suburbs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies