TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:33:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For In a Matchup
Phil Bredesen (D)
Marsha Blackburn (R)
The Libertarian
Other
Undecided
Abstain
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi  (Read 93065 times)
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« on: May 17, 2018, 02:03:19 PM »

This race is still a Tossup. However, Bredesen maintains a small edge as of now.

I don't get the Ted Strickland comparisons. The assumption is that Strickland got blown-out because he was a former governor? No, it was because his campaign was a joke. Bredesen can easily win if he doesn't make the same mistake.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 04:03:29 PM »

But but but... Atlas told me it's impossible for a Democrat to win in Tennessee despite leading in polls there (but Florida polls showing Scott ahead=Safe R)
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 08:10:05 AM »

The Chamber of rich globalist RINO's? Yeah, going to help Blackburn turn out the rural base.

/s
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 11:12:28 AM »

The guy who supported the pedophile is right. Anything that helps Blackburn with RINOs is horrible news for Bredesen.

Just looking more and more likely that Motormouth Marsha sends Bredesen to the Thompson/Bayh/Allen/Lingle/Kerrey/Pawlenty/Strickland retirement home/support group.
When did you not believe this?
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 03:20:40 PM »

Guess: Bredesen +2.

It’s Marist, so I’ll guess Bredesen +8.
What is your problem with them? Walker being down by 13 isn't implausible whatsoever.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 10:42:15 AM »

The Bredesen cheerleaders in this thread have gotten so desperate they’re now citing supposed insider information from a Washington post opinion columnist on Twitter.

Imagine having a brain that powerful.

Not to mention two recent polls have the race tied and outside groups and the GOP are still spending on this race AND Trump is going today? Sure, that really sounds like Blackburn is up by 9.
Are you seriously trying to reason with him? Bredesen could be leading by 10 and he would still call this Safe R based on his ridiculous assumptions about the Republican base.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 03:21:29 PM »

I’m far from a Democratic hack and I still think this race is a Toss-up. If there’s a Democratic tidal wave like everyone here seems to think, it will hit pretty much every state. There’s a lot of uncertainty in this race, and I’m certainly not going to make the mistake of trusting the same people who unironically told me that AL-SEN 2017 was Safe R, sorry. Could Blackburn win by a lot? Absolutely, but if she does, there’s no way Democrats are holding states like MO or IN, winning MT/WV by double digits, or making TX competitive, etc., and more likely that the Democratic "wave" will be a "ripple" instead. Senate race outcomes are highly correlated with one another, they don’t occur in a vacuum.

No need to trust Atlas posters, trust the high quality polls which all give Blackburn a comfortable lead. And Republicans tend to overperform the polls in Tennessee anyway. And as for Alabama, didn't you predict the race would be MO-Sen 2012 redux? So you were just as off as I was there. Tongue

And as Timmy said, Tennessee is far more Republican than Missouri and Indiana. In fact, Blackburn winning by mid to high single digits while McCaskill and Donnelly are in squeakers would actually perfectly fit Trump's margins in those states.
Senator Roy Moore agrees with this post. "Alabama is too Republican to ever elect a Democrat!"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies