Resignation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:33:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Resignation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Resignation  (Read 626 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2005, 06:24:15 AM »

Mr President,

Due to the disastrous handling of this weekend's election, I feel it is only right that those associated with the Forum Affairs department should resign, and I do so now. Should you wish to retract my nomination to the Supreme Court, you may do so without fear of any ill feeling on my part.

Whilst I feel that I was not involved in the actual administration of the election, I nonetheless feel I should have involved myself to ensure that the election was well handled. It has not been: The election has been certified over 6 hours late and was ultimately left to me. Due to the fact that I had not been following the results particularly, absentee ballots were initially discounted, but have now been included. These are the sort of errors our elections could do without.

Regards,

Peter Bell
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 06:25:31 AM »

It certainly wasn't your fault, Peter, and you should continue to seek your nomination to the Supreme Court.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 06:29:38 AM »

It's really not your fault, Peter.  It doesn't even matter all that much, because anybody with a shred of common sense knows that no votes after midnight are counted anyway.

I wouldn't call this election 'disastrous' at all.  You and Verin have little to worry about.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 06:31:08 AM »

We've had worse.
Of course things might be different if there were any close elections.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 06:32:53 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2005, 06:37:45 AM by Senator-elect Porce »

Well, I disagree with you on that, Joe.  There was no official thread for absentee ballots and I took it upon myself to post quotes of people's absentee ballots in my own thread (there were three cast, though I'm sure we would have seen more if people had a place to do it).  That alone is cause for concern.  This is probably why Peter did not count them in his initial results; because there wasn't a thread designated for them.

For reference:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=26728.0
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 08:40:53 AM »

Mr. Bell, the election generally went well, and because of years of excellent service to the Republic, I will retain you as the nominee for the Supreme Court.

Siege
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 10:18:04 AM »

Don't be so hard on yourself Peter. I believe Verin said when he was in his confirmation hearing that he could not stay up till midnight to close the voting booth most of the time. I'm guessing that you either were not on at that time or you were waiting for Verin to actually certify the results. The lack of you adding absentee ballots is not entirely your fault. Their was no absentee ballot thread and Ebowed took it upon himself to quote them in the ATTN: SoFA thread, IIRC. Peter quit being so hard on yourself you did well especially considering the absence of the person who's job it is to actually close the voting booth.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 11:14:50 AM »

This certainly isn't your fault Peter. It's the fault of the Senators who voted to confirm a nominee who said he would not be availible to close the voting booth until the next morning.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 11:15:23 AM »

I don't think this really warrants your resignation, Peter
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 01:08:56 PM »

This certainly isn't your fault Peter. It's the fault of the Senators who voted to confirm a nominee who said he would not be availible to close the voting booth until the next morning.

^^^^^^^^
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 11:47:36 PM »

Don't worry Peter. It wasn't your fault.

I look forward to seeing you on the Court.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies