kyc0705 for Lincoln Assembly
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:44:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  kyc0705 for Lincoln Assembly
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: kyc0705 for Lincoln Assembly  (Read 3752 times)
kyc0705

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2017, 07:04:08 PM »

STATEMENT ON JUNE 2017 ELECTION RESULTS
I am pleased that the voters of Lincoln have entrusted me to represent them in the Assembly once again. I would like to congratulate dfwlibertylover and Goldwater on their re-election as president and vice president, respectively.

Additionally, I'd like to thank JGibson for his tenure as a member of the Assembly, and wish him all the best going forward.
kyc0705

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2017, 01:12:34 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2017, 10:31:10 AM by kyc0705 »

STATEMENT ON ELECTIONS
Next week, Atlasia will head to the polls and decide on our future. Here are my official endorsements for the October 2017 elections. Exercise your right to vote and let your voice be heard!

PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT OF ATLASIA
Lumine and Rpryor (previously Harry S. Truman and Scott)

GOVERNOR OF LINCOLN
Lok1999

SENATOR FROM LINCOLN
R2D2

LINCOLN ASSEMBLY
Well... you can guess who.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2017, 06:39:02 PM »

I came here to endorse your reelection and found you'd beaten me to the punch. Many thanks for your support, Mr. Lieutenant Governor; I sincerely hope the people of Lincoln will return you for another term in the Assembly.
SamTilden2020

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2017, 04:55:27 PM »

Interesting. You seem very reasonable, being independent of the major parties. If I ever get in the assembly, you seem like a reasonable guy to work with.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2017, 06:08:49 PM »

Thanks for your support, Mr. LtG.  Endorsed for reelection.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2017, 06:44:12 PM »

As always, endorsed for re-election the Assembly, glad you and ReaganClinton20xx are returning!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2017, 06:59:09 PM »

Endorsed for reelection. You have done plenty of great work for the people of Lincoln.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2017, 07:55:35 PM »

From one assemblyman to another, I proudly endorse you.
kyc0705

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2017, 10:29:26 AM »

STATEMENT ON PRESIDENTIAL ENDORSEMENT
Due to events and encounters which have recently transpired, I am hereby withdrawing my endorsement of Prime Minister Truman for president. My support, as a member of the Lincoln Assembly, is first and foremost with my fellow members and citizens, and I cannot abide by those who behave improperly to those individuals. Unfortunately, Prime Minister Truman's conduct in Blair's confirmation thread was deeply unbecoming of a presidential candidate I would support.

I am now endorsing Lumine as my first preference. While we disagree on some issues, his campaign has shown nonpartisanship, professionalism, and civility. We must embrace those ideals.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2017, 11:24:00 AM »

STATEMENT ON PRESIDENTIAL ENDORSEMENT
Due to events and encounters which have recently transpired, I am hereby withdrawing my endorsement of Prime Minister Truman for president. My support, as a member of the Lincoln Assembly, is first and foremost with my fellow members and citizens, and I cannot abide by those who behave improperly to those individuals. Unfortunately, Prime Minister Truman's conduct in Blair's confirmation thread was deeply unbecoming of a presidential candidate I would support.

I am now endorsing Lumine as my first preference. While we disagree on some issues, his campaign has shown nonpartisanship, professionalism, and civility. We must embrace those ideals.

Lt. Governor,

My sincere gratitude and thanks for your endorsement and confidence, your independent voice carries great weight and I am proud to be able to count on your support.

And of course, endorsed for re-election! Keep doing a good work!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2017, 08:04:55 PM »

I am afraid I also must withdraw my endorsement, with great regret. I bear no ill feeling toward the lieutenant governor; yet the refusal of he and his colleagues to acknowledge error in this affair, instead attacking myself and others for daring to suggest that elected legislators should participate in debate, is – to borrow a phrase – "unbecoming of a candidate I would support." I do apologize if I have personally offended the good gentleman from New Jersey, but I won't apologize for saying what I believe to be true, or for defending myself from rude attacks by other delegates who are seemingly unwilling to tolerate dissenting opinions. I've lost votes for candor before; in any case, Lumine is an exemplary Atlasian and public servant, so I think it no great loss for the country.

With all that said, I do wish you the best of luck – all things considered, you seem like a good guy, so I hope we can work together again in the future.

(P.S. I don't want to turn this thread into a flame war, but if you'd like to discuss this further, you're welcome to PM me.)
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2017, 08:55:54 PM »

yet the refusal of he and his colleagues to acknowledge error in this affair, instead attacking myself and others for daring to suggest that elected legislators should participate in debate, is – to borrow a phrase – "unbecoming of a candidate I would support." ... but I won't apologize for saying what I believe to be true, or for defending myself from rude attacks by other delegates who are seemingly unwilling to tolerate dissenting opinions.

(P.S. I don't want to turn this thread into a flame war, but if you'd like to discuss this further, you're welcome to PM me.)

Right, we attacked you. Here's the rundown of what happened, if you've already forgotten. You came into a region that you don't even govern in and pushed around assemblymen to pass your agenda. You sided with Blair and Governor Wells in not accepting our result. After the former Speaker resigned and kyc was appointed, we sorted it out, even citing Lincoln's constitution, the one you were so eager to be sarcastic about. Finally, after all that, you get pissy with us because we're not aligned with your practices nor ideology. You say our actions were asanine, yet they would probably be minimized if you didn't come around and mess with it. Your temperament has no place in Lincoln, let alone Nyman. I completely understand Kyc's position and support it in every way. I apologize if this was unwanted here.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2017, 09:32:15 PM »

Right, we attacked you. Here's the rundown of what happened, if you've already forgotten. You came into a region that you don't even govern in and pushed around assemblymen to pass your agenda. You sided with Blair and Governor Wells in not accepting our result. After the former Speaker resigned and kyc was appointed, we sorted it out, even citing Lincoln's constitution, the one you were so eager to be sarcastic about. Finally, after all that, you get pissy with us because we're not aligned with your practices nor ideology. You say our actions were asanine, yet they would probably be minimized if you didn't come around and mess with it. Your temperament has no place in Lincoln, let alone Nyman. I completely understand Kyc's position and support it in every way. I apologize if this was unwanted here.
This is precisely the sort of behavior I am talking about. I'm sorry if I have offended you, but I won't be bullied into silence or made to apologize for being honest because some people don't like what I have to say. Frankly, I find your post exceedingly confusing: I have never once claimed any power over the Assembly, never used the word "asinine," and I don't have an "agenda" here (you'll notice my post in the debate thread does not criticize you for your vote, nor did I asked you to change it). What I do have is a longstanding belief, borne out over two years of service at all levels of government, that legislators should be active in debate. It's a matter of etiquette — I consider a failure to ask questions before the vote extremely disrespectful, not because of the result (you have every right to vote your conscience on the matter), but because it implies indifference at best and disdain at worst for the nominee. If you asked someone to dinner, and they remained silent and refused to answer you, you would consider it a snub; this is the same thing. Maybe most people don't care about this stuff, but I do, and I'll say so — whether the people in question are Fremontian Laborites or Lincolnian Federalists.

If I sound "pissy" or offended — well, yeah. I don't appreciate the tone you've taken, sir, and consider it an uncalled for affront. Telling people to shut up and get lost because they're registered in the wrong state is extremely rude, and I'm not about to tolerate it — certainly not in this context. I notice Blackraisin was not so angrily confronted, despite objectively had more influence on the hearing than I did; odd, that. I don't attack outsiders who visit Fremont's regional government, and I don't appreciate being attacked in Lincoln.

People will vote for who they want to vote for, and if someone thinks I would make a poor president, they can and should support another candidate. Yet if candor and ethical consistency are judged vices by the ruling faction, then I shudder for the fate of my country.
kyc0705

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2017, 09:56:59 PM »

This is precisely the sort of behavior I am talking about. I'm sorry if I have offended you, but I won't be bullied into silence or made to apologize for being honest because some people don't like what I have to say. Frankly, I find your post exceedingly confusing: I have never once claimed any power over the Assembly, never used the word "asinine," and I don't have an "agenda" here (you'll notice my post in the debate thread does not criticize you for your vote, nor did I asked you to change it). What I do have is a longstanding belief, borne out over two years of service at all levels of government, that legislators should be active in debate. It's a matter of etiquette — I consider a failure to ask questions before the vote extremely disrespectful, not because of the result (you have every right to vote your conscience on the matter), but because it implies indifference at best and disdain at worst for the nominee. If you asked someone to dinner, and they remained silent and refused to answer you, you would consider it a snub; this is the same thing. Maybe most people don't care about this stuff, but I do, and I'll say so — whether the people in question are Fremontian Laborites or Lincolnian Federalists.

If I sound "pissy" or offended — well, yeah. I don't appreciate the tone you've taken, sir, and consider it an uncalled for affront. Telling people to shut up and get lost because they're registered in the wrong state is extremely rude, and I'm not about to tolerate it — certainly not in this context. I notice Blackraisin was not so angrily confronted, despite objectively had more influence on the hearing than I did; odd, that. I don't attack outsiders who visit Fremont's regional government, and I don't appreciate being attacked in Lincoln.

People will vote for who they want to vote for, and if someone thinks I would make a poor president, they can and should support another candidate. Yet if candor and ethical consistency are judged vices by the ruling faction, then I shudder for the fate of my country.

To the both of you, this is an old issue, and bringing it up again makes no one look bad but yourselves. This thread is my campaign thread, and it should be positive, uplifting, and filled with cordial discussion and solutions, not dragging up old skeletons.

I run for the assembly, as I have in previous elections, because I feel I owe it to my fellow Lincolners. I do not run to continue vendettas, and I'd appreciate it if you understood that. The cynicism that exists with politics today is because of these squabbles which take up valuable time and resources.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2017, 10:33:00 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2017, 10:34:50 AM by Assemblyman ReaganClinton »

Alright, I apologize to the both of you. I shouldn't have re-opened an old wound. Needless to say, I got angry and went overboard.
kyc0705

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2017, 08:41:15 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2017, 08:43:05 PM by kyc0705 »

STATEMENT ON OCTOBER 2017 ELECTION RESULTS

My fellow Lincolners:

As you can see, I am addressing you today not from my office, but from my home; the apartment in New York City, near the regional government headquarters, where I have resided since first being elected to the assembly in April.

Sadly, I have not been re-elected to another term in the assembly. While I sincerely congratulate cxs018, blair2015, and ReaganClinton20XX on their victories, it's no secret that I wanted to be among them in the inaugural ceremonies this forthcoming week. But that's how politics goes—it's an exchange of ideas, and sometimes, your ideas aren't as popular as you hoped they'd be.

But I'm not going anywhere. In the coming days, I still have a term to finish out: as Lincoln Assemblyman, but also as Lieutenant Governor, in which I will be working hard to ensure that the disputed Senate election is resolved in a legally sound way which benefits all parties.

And even after the term ends, and I am no longer in government, I will not move back to New Jersey and fade into the background. For the time being, I will remain here, active in politics. I'll just be a civilian, not an officeholder. I'm not ruling out any future runs for office, either.

It's been an honor to serve the people of Lincoln, but my work as a concerned citizen with civic interests continues. And with all the connections I've made and the experience I've garnered over the last six months, you might even say it's only just begun.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2017, 09:27:54 PM »

Thank you for your efforts and dedication to your job!

I’m sorry you lost (I gave you my second preference), but happy that Lincoln had 4 great Assembly candidates to choose from. Unfortunately, one of you had to lose.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2017, 10:10:14 PM »

Best wishes to you, kyc, it was an honor to serve with you in the assembly, and as I've told you before, I will support you in your future endeavors.
kyc0705

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2017, 11:32:02 AM »

Thank you for your efforts and dedication to your job!

I’m sorry you lost (I gave you my second preference), but happy that Lincoln had 4 great Assembly candidates to choose from. Unfortunately, one of you had to lose.
Best wishes to you, kyc, it was an honor to serve with you in the assembly, and as I've told you before, I will support you in your future endeavors.

Thank you for the kind words!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies