fhtagn/PiT for President/Vice President of Atlasia! (THANK YOU ALL!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:49:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  fhtagn/PiT for President/Vice President of Atlasia! (THANK YOU ALL!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: fhtagn/PiT for President/Vice President of Atlasia! (THANK YOU ALL!)  (Read 3798 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 11, 2017, 08:21:17 PM »
« edited: October 23, 2017, 01:17:45 PM by President fhtagn »

Fellow Atlasians!

The time has come for you to consider who you wish to run our great nation, a wonderful tradition that gives everyone's voice a chance to be heard! Today I am here in hopes that you choose me to continue my work as your President, and my friend and colleague, PiT, for your Vice President.

One of the biggest issues we are currently facing in Atlasia is inactivity. It is impossible for elected officials to get the work done that that promised if they cannot commit to the positions they are running for. I pride myself in my record of activity, having consistently held many positions, and did everything in my power to do more than just sit and occasionally vote on legislation. The same can be said for my running mate, who is one of the longest playing members in the game. The accomplishments we have made, and the time and effort we have put into Atlasia speaks for itself.

Since becoming involved in the legislative process at the Federal level, I've taken a strong interest in efforts that maintain peaceful foreign relations wherever possible. As you all may know, we are currently in a very delicate situation with China and North Korea, and I've been working tirelessly since taking the oath of office to ensure that this conflict ends peacefully via negotiation, and to avoid unnecessary military action. For every decision being made in these negotiations, my first thought has always been, and will continue to always be: "How will this affect the people of Atlasia and our allies?". I can promise you that this will always be the first thought that comes to mind in my decision making process, not just in this situation, but in every decision I must make as your President.

Over the next few weeks, I will be rolling out specific plans I have in place for the continued success of our nation. Some of these ideas you may already know from my work in other elected positions, and some that have been developing as I've learned more about the issues most affecting our people. I look forward to having the opportunity for you all to learn more, and hope that come election weekend,  you will consider the candidates that truly have your best interests in mind!

Thank you all for your time, and have a wonderful night!

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 08:27:22 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2017, 09:19:07 PM by President fhtagn »

Offices Held
Southern Chamber of Delegates
November 2016 - January 2017
March 2017 - May 2017 (served as Speaker)
May 2017 - July 2017 (served as Speaker)

Acting Governor of the South
July 2017 - July 2017

Atlasia House of Representatives
July 2017 - August 2017 (served as Majority Whip)

Secretary of Internal Affairs
July 2017 - September 2017

Vice President of Atlasia
August 2017 - September 2017

President of Atlasia
September 2017 - Present

Endorsements
SouthernGothic
Congressman LouisvilleThunder
SoIA Young Texan
People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee
Wulfric
Congressman RFayette
Santander
Southern Delegate BlueDogDemocrat
First Degree Burns
Lincoln Assemblyman ReaganClinton20XX
West_Midlander
Congressman Haslam2020
Southern Delegate vern1988
Southern Senator ZuWo
Mumph
Former President dfwlibertylover
Southern Delegate celticempire
RGN
shua
Bagel23
Greedo the Hunter
Old School Republican
Lechasseur
The Saint
Enduro
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 09:11:38 PM »

First off I wish you and VP PiT the best of luck in your campaign, I have a few questions  that I hope to ask you. Please note that these questions are coming from me as a person and not from the GM.

1. As many here probably know you went under somewhat of a political transformation from a liberal Laborite to a centrist Federalist. Can you please explain what sparked what many would consider a significant shift? Also how do you respond to critics that have called your moves "cynical" or yourself "flaky" ?

2. By most accounts you are known to be very close to former President dfwlibertylover, and certainly have been in agreement with much of his agenda. However what is one thing you disagree with dfw on and how would you have done that item differently?

3. If you could have one do over in Atlasia, what one item would you personally do differently and how would you do it differently?

Please note that any claims put in my question are not necessarily shared by myself, I am mostly interested in seeing how you respond to criticism. 
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 10:19:35 PM »

Endorsed
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 10:25:40 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2017, 11:21:16 PM by Representative LouisvilleThunder »

Proudly Endorsed!
Four More Months!
Please continue the good quality, well proven leadership, and please keep the North Korean situation from escalating further. The last thing we need is a war to ruin what we have accomplished so far. You have demonstrated an utmost commitment to putting the people of Atlasia first, and I'm proud of that.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 11:16:15 PM »

Fhtagn has proven to be a dedicated officeholder in every capacity she has held and in the short time she has been President, she has shown a level of commitment and responsibility that by far makes her the best choice for President for a full term. 

I would thus encourage everyone to endorse and support her for President.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 12:22:44 AM »

Endorsed!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 08:02:36 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2017, 08:10:51 AM by President fhtagn »

Thank you very much for the questions, AZ! I have taken the time to think them over and answer them below:

1. As many here probably know you went under somewhat of a political transformation from a liberal Laborite to a centrist Federalist. Can you please explain what sparked what many would consider a significant shift? Also how do you respond to critics that have called your moves "cynical" or yourself "flaky" ?

There have been many factors at play for my shift in political views. While some saw it as mostly influence from other people, such as my personal issues with NeverAgain, or my friendship with dfwlibertylover, it was much more than just that. In fact, my personal relationships had very little to do with my ideological changes and party switch.

As far as political views, I used to be considered a very far left laborite, which is something I don't deny. But the truth is, my ideological shift was something that was slowly happening for quite some time already. Some of this had to to with the real life 2016 Presidential elections, and some of it was just a result of my real life experiences.

Over time, I started to feel that I couldn't agree with my far left friends on the issues anymore. While I felt we ultimately had the same end goals, we had major differences in how we felt we should get there.

There was a period of time where I went back and forth wondering if I made the right decision with my party switch, but there came a time while I was getting to know my new colleagues that this quote really stuck with me, and has been something that I think back to in every election I've run in since:

For me, putting the people on main street first, means good jobs, good roads, good healthcare and a foreign policy that keeps our people safe, while only engaging in conflict as an option of absolute last resort. It means helping both small business and entrepreneurs, as well as ensuring that workers who work hard, have a chance at getting ahead and earning a decent living.

As for my opinions on what people think of the switch, or my views as a result? They're free to have their feelings. But the fact of the matter is, I made very clear that my decision to leave Labor for the Federalist Party was not personal, and I have never had any ill will towards Labor. In fact, I still maintain some close friendships with members of my former party, and have endorsed several Laborites for their election and re-election bids.

2. By most accounts you are known to be very close to former President dfwlibertylover, and certainly have been in agreement with much of his agenda. However what is one thing you disagree with dfw on and how would you have done that item differently?

Contrary to popular belief, there are actually many differences between myself and dfwlibertylover. Some of those differences being outright ideological differences (unless his position has changed, I do support background checks for gun purchases, just to give an example), and others just being a difference in where we place the most focus. For example, one of the biggest focuses in most of my campaigns has been clean energy, the environment, and energy independence. To the best of my knowledge, this has never been a focus of dfwlibertylover's in any office he has held and run for.

As far as actual actions I would do differently that he has done as President, one of the biggest disagreements I've had with him is abolishing the National Security Council. Given the delicate situation we have found ourselves in with other nations lately, I've been working towards trying to reinstate the NSC, at the very least for the purpose of handling difficult situations that may need more input than myself and Secretary of State Snowguy's, and to work towards completing the Foreign Relations Review, which was a task that was not completed under the dfwlibertylover administration.

3. If you could have one do over in Atlasia, what one item would you personally do differently and how would you do it differently?

I think one of the biggest do overs I would wish to take would be back in January of 2017. This was the time that I had lost re-election to the Southern Chamber of Delegates. There were many mistakes I made leading into that election: not declaring my run in time to be on the ballot, not running an actual campaign, not making much of an effort to PM voters who did not know who I was at the time. Knowing what I know now about running for office, I wish I had considered the advice I was given at the time, and had taken it more seriously back then. While it is one of my biggest regrets in my Atlasian career, I do think back to that time now and then because it was a very valuable learning experience, and it is one of those moments that keeps me pushing when I feel that I am falling behind on my activity in my elected positions.

I would also like to note that if anyone else has any questions regarding my personal views or policy that I am focusing on, I am more than happy to answer!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 08:05:26 AM »

Proudly Endorsed!
Four More Months!
Please continue the good quality, well proven leadership, and please keep the North Korean situation from escalating further. The last thing we need is a war to ruin what we have accomplished so far. You have demonstrated an utmost commitment to putting the people of Atlasia first, and I'm proud of that.

Fhtagn has proven to be a dedicated officeholder in every capacity she has held and in the short time she has been President, she has shown a level of commitment and responsibility that by far makes her the best choice for President for a full term. 

I would thus encourage everyone to endorse and support her for President.

Thank you all! I truly appreciate the kind words and support!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 09:20:33 AM »

Best of luck, madam president! I suppose, technically, we're opponents and I should be blackening your name with a tar brush or whatever, but I really do wish you the best and look forward to an active and positive campaign!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 09:29:35 AM »

Best of luck, madam president! I suppose, technically, we're opponents and I should be blackening your name with a tar brush or whatever, but I really do wish you the best and look forward to an active and positive campaign!

I appreciate the kind words and commitment to keeping things positive!

May the best man, or woman Wink , win!
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 11:23:34 AM »

Endorsed!  I wish you the best of luck.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 11:31:09 AM »

Endorsed!  I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 11:41:45 AM »

Endorsed.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 12:09:11 PM »

President Fhtagn,

I think it only fair, engaged as we are in a struggle for the soul of the Federalist Party, that we have a proper debate on the issues before the party meets to decide who shall carry that proud banner forward, so that Federalists everywhere will have the chance to judge for themselves who best represents their values.

If this is acceptable to you, I am more than happy to entertain your nomination of a suitable moderator.

Yours cordially,

Oakvale
Candidate for President of Atlasia
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 12:19:29 PM »

Dammit, I'm the one who's supposed to convince Truman to transition, not you!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »

I endorse Frank the Hammer Tagn.

BlueDogDemocrat
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 01:06:02 PM »

Absolutely endorsed!

I believe that you will do an amazing job as President and will serve the people well like you have in your past offices. I look forward to your presidency and I wish you the best of luck on your campaign. 
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2017, 01:50:31 PM »

President Fhtagn,

I think it only fair, engaged as we are in a struggle for the soul of the Federalist Party, that we have a proper debate on the issues before the party meets to decide who shall carry that proud banner forward, so that Federalists everywhere will have the chance to judge for themselves who best represents their values.

If this is acceptable to you, I am more than happy to entertain your nomination of a suitable moderator.

Yours cordially,

Oakvale

I accept your proposal for a debate. The people in our party have the right to know where we stand on the issues and I trust that they will make the right choice for who they choose to represent them as the Federalist candidate.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 01:51:36 PM »

Absolutely endorsed!

I believe that you will do an amazing job as President and will serve the people well like you have in your past offices. I look forward to your presidency and I wish you the best of luck on your campaign. 

Thank you all!
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 01:58:26 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2017, 02:02:23 PM by Assemblyman ReaganClinton20XX »

I apologize, but I will not be endorsing any candidate at this moment for the General Election, though you have my primary endorsement against AG Oakvale.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 02:45:14 PM »

Thank you!

I apologize, but I will not be endorsing any candidate at this moment for the General Election, though you have my primary endorsement against AG Oakvale.

Understandable, thank you for the primary endorsement!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 03:20:25 PM »

Endorsed!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 03:41:01 PM »

President Fhtagn,

Yours cordially,

Oakvale

I accept your proposal for a debate. The people in our party have the right to know where we stand on the issues and I trust that they will make the right choice for who they choose to represent them as the Federalist candidate.

Tremendous! Any thoughts on a suitable moderator?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2017, 03:47:57 PM »

President Fhtagn,

Yours cordially,

Oakvale

Tremendous! Any thoughts on a suitable moderator?

Donna Brazile!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies