fhtagn/PiT for President/Vice President of Atlasia! (THANK YOU ALL!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:31:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  fhtagn/PiT for President/Vice President of Atlasia! (THANK YOU ALL!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: fhtagn/PiT for President/Vice President of Atlasia! (THANK YOU ALL!)  (Read 3790 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2017, 01:33:23 AM »

give me three reasons why I shouldn't vote for you

1. If you want someone who isn't going to be honest about the type of person they are and what they stand for, I suggest not voting for me.
2. If you want someone will not take the job or the game seriously, I would highly suggest not voting for me.
3. If you want someone who would rather give up on something because it's "useless" than to put everything they have into making things better, you should absolutely not vote for me.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2017, 02:12:20 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2017, 08:53:54 AM by President fhtagn »

hi, potential voter here, I'd like to know what is your opinion on the "Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions Movement"?

In a nutshell: I think it's anti-Semitic and not something we should be supportive of in Atlasia. Whether most like it or not, Israel has been a very valuable ally to us, which is something that should be protected. One way I've recently tried to do this is by introducing the Avoidance of Conflicts of Interests Act when I was in the House, to avoid some of the issues we've seen with the BDS movement, as well as protect our relations with other allies in the future.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2017, 05:37:59 AM »
« Edited: September 26, 2017, 10:08:22 AM by President fhtagn »

The Real Fhtagn - and The Real Federalist Party

Many folks mistake the Federalist Party to be a party for only the "true, far-right" conservatives (which we do still have and appreciate), but they fail to realize the beautiful diversity we embrace in our members' ideologies. We are a party that goes beyond the beliefs of a simple "left vs. right", and instead place our importance on where we feel decisions should be made, and how we feel the government should run. We are a party that places more importance on how someone's views align with our mission, more than we care about how one labels themselves.

This is one of the many reasons I found myself interested in the party upon joining. Many folks have even gone as far as to question where I stand ideologically, given my past as a member of the Labor Party, and admittedly, a former far leftist. As someone who grew up poor in real life, I have personally found that many far-left economic policies were actually more insulting, and weren't necessarily to fix existing problems, but to place a band-aid on them. Rather than support policies that bring back jobs, encourage people to work, and make the playing field more fair, I found that the policies on the left worth hailing were along the lines of "the government provides you with everything you need". While I am no fan of leaving the people who truly need the assistance in the cold, I do not feel that providing everything is something that benefits us long-term. I am a very strong supporter of policies that represent the American Atlasian dream: where you can work hard to make a fulfilling life for yourself. Where your success is measured by making realistic goals and achieving them. As we look at where Atlasia stands financially while the Budget Process Committee gets to work on balancing our budget, we need to ensure that we are electing officeholders that are mindful of this, who aren't willing to throw money at every cause, that while very respectable, simply cost more than we can afford and can be achieved in other ways.

When my party's Chair, North Carolina Yankee, asked me if I was willing to step up and run the Federalist Main Street Partnership, I was unsure of how I would go about this. At the time, I still had my doubts that I truly fit in with the Federalist Party message, but it was this quote during one of his campaign speeches about Main Street Federalism that really hit home, and made me realize that I am exactly where I belong:

For me, putting the people on main street first, means good jobs, good roads, good healthcare and a foreign policy that keeps our people safe, while only engaging in conflict as an option of absolute last resort. It means helping both small business and entrepreneurs, as well as ensuring that workers who work hard, have a chance at getting ahead and earning a decent living.

Since joining the Federalist Party, I've come to realize that many of the things I have been working on: bills I have sponsored/supported, arguments I have made on specific legislation (even in bodies I am not a member of), and my general stance of putting the people first IS in line with the party. For those of you with your doubts, I'll provide you with some examples:

- Worked out deals with Russia and China to avoid further conflicts and imminent war as a result of airstrikes on North Korea ordered by my predecessor.
- Drafted the Avoidance of Conflicts of Interest Act to aid in protecting our relations with our allies
- Worked tirelessly with my Secretary of State and National Security Council to finish and submit the Foreign Relations Review to determine our relationships with other nations, which will not only give us a better current assessment, but will aid in the negotiations of future deals.
- Co-sponsored the Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act of 2017, to not only give more flexibility to the regions on how they handle healthcare, but to ensure that more people have access to affordable, quality options that work best for them.
- Supported and later signed the Budget Process & Control Act, which will finally allow us to take a look at where Atlasia is financially, as well as offer opportunities for us to balance the budget (something that hasn't been done since 2014!) so that we many consider future legislation to help our people.
- Co-sponsored the Euthanasia Ban Repeal Act, where my reasons for supporting this were simple: the government should not have a say in how people's lives are lived and ended, and we should not stand in the way of someone who wishes to die on their terms, rather than be forced to suffer.  
- Fought against the Repeal of the Elimination of the Income Tax Act to protect the Southern taxpayers from additional financial burden that was deemed not necessary due to an existing budget surplus.
- Sponsored the Establishment of the Southern Regional Medical Center, which was drafted to be a state of the art center  to research conditions including cancer, diabetes, viruses, Alzheimer's, ALS, etc., as well as the home of the South's largest drug and alcohol treatment center.

So in summary, while my opponents want to pick apart whether or not I am "Federalist" enough for the Federalist Party, or whether or not I have the experience or skill to hold this office, I am going to keep doing exactly what I do best - fight for what is right for the people.

This October, don't let false assumptions lead you down a road there is no turning back from. Throw your support for the candidate that has a proven record of fighting for today's Atlasia, and has proven that the people truly come first. When you look at the records, and not propaganda, the choice is clear.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2017, 03:32:51 PM »

That moment when you realize the Federalists do have a purpose and have been steadily advancing that purpose and that Fhtagn has been a part of that. And that said purpose, while not extreme Right RL Freedom Caucus stuff, is rather conservative and dare I say, "federalist". Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »

That moment when you realize the Federalists do have a purpose and have been steadily advancing that purpose and that Fhtagn has been a part of that. And that said purpose, while not extreme Right RL Freedom Caucus stuff, is rather conservative and dare I say, "federalist". Tongue

Indeed, this is what I have been talking about when I said that most people make the mistake of thinking of ideologies as little more than a disjointed series of views. The conservatism that the Federalist Party advances is not just whatever happens to be in the Republican Party's platform, but rather the result of an ideology that sees respect of process and institutional stability as a fundamental prerequisite to the development of a just and peaceful society.

For people who define "conservative" as a set of boxes that must be checked and demand the like out of a conservative party, this vision will come as a surprise. However, it is this vision that I find far more compelling and articulate, and it is this vision that should form the basis of any conservative movement that hopes to long endure.
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2017, 07:33:54 AM »

Endorsed!
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2017, 03:26:58 PM »

You have my endorsement.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2017, 05:07:18 PM »

Many, many thanks!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2017, 12:56:18 PM »

Endorsing my fellow avatar and her great VP.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2017, 01:03:50 PM »

Endorsing my fellow avatar and her great VP.

Many thanks Smiley
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2017, 09:26:49 AM »

endorsed!
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2017, 12:09:39 PM »

Endorsed
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2017, 12:15:25 PM »

Endorsed
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2017, 01:17:59 PM »

Endorsed
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2017, 03:54:17 PM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2017, 11:31:46 PM »

100% endorsed!

(Very sorry that I did not do this sooner, but my vote was always going to go to you)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2017, 09:15:15 PM »

I don't think I did this publicly yet, but I whole heartedly endorse fhtagn.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2017, 09:16:56 PM »

100% endorsed!

(Very sorry that I did not do this sooner, but my vote was always going to go to you)

Thank you!

I don't think I did this publicly yet, but I whole heartedly endorse fhtagn.

Purple heart
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2017, 10:20:44 PM »

We're Almost There!

In just a few short hours, the polls will open, and the people of our great nation will decide on who they wish to lead Atlasia to continued success. Regardless of who you choose, it is my hope that those of you who vote feel at peace with your decision, and it is my hope that if I am blessed to be chosen to continue leading, that we can continue the amazing work we have been doing so far, and that you all look past false narratives and truly look at what the candidate of your choice has done, what they plan to do, and their recent level of commitment to Atlasia.

I truly hope that after this weekend, I will be given the honor of continuing to serve you all. So let's get out and vote, and have some fun!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2017, 10:31:19 AM »

Congratulations on your victory, Madame President!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2017, 11:33:07 AM »

Seconded.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2017, 11:37:46 AM »

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2017, 01:05:52 PM »

Hail to the Chief!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2017, 01:16:44 PM »

Thank You!

Words cannot express the amount of love and appreciation I have for everyone who supported me this weekend and helped lead us to victory! From the bottom of my heart, I want to give you all the biggest thanks I can possibly give!

I would like to take the time to thank a few other important folks who deserve just as much appreciation this weekend: my dear friend and Vice President, PiT, who has been a wonderful source of support and encouragement that our ticket would be successful, who has been an amazing team player when it came to discussing policy positions we both stand for, and for being there to defend those positions when called into question. Former President dfwlibertylover, People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee, and Governor Leinad, for being huge contributors to my campaign in more ways than I can count, for their words of encouragement and valuable advice based on their own experience, and for helping me realize I was truly representing the values of our party.

I also want to thank Truman, LLR, and Lumine for being a part of this and making this a truly competitive and exciting race, and helping provide the voters many options to ensure their voices have been heard. I hope that this isn't the last we see of all of you, and that we can work together in the future to come up with solutions that work best for the people.

Regardless of who you voted for this weekend, my job is to represent the people of Atlasia, and I hope that in these next four months, we can continue working together as we have, and turning this nation into something we can all be proud of!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2017, 01:20:15 PM »

Thank you all!

(and lol Santander)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies