fhtagn/PiT for President/Vice President of Atlasia! (THANK YOU ALL!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:01:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  fhtagn/PiT for President/Vice President of Atlasia! (THANK YOU ALL!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: fhtagn/PiT for President/Vice President of Atlasia! (THANK YOU ALL!)  (Read 3895 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 12, 2017, 06:48:05 PM »

I am pleased to run on the ticket with fhtagn. As someone who has worked for the people of the South and Atlasia in a variety of positions over the years, I think it carries weight when I say that I have been impressed by her work and vision. I believe that she has what it takes to lead Atlasia into a bright future.

At the same time, when offered the chance to serve as President fhtagn's VP, I jumped at it. As a Senator and as PPT for two Congresses, I saw how much activity among the leading officers is necessary to keep the gears of the federal government moving. Inactivity in any of the three leading posts can cause the whole machine to grind to a halt, and the Vice President has traditionally been the biggest point of weakness. As Atlasia's Vice President, I intend to apply what I learned as PPT and work to keep Congress moving at a brisk pace.

It is that fundamental competence that I value in government and have pushed for over the years, and I joined the administration because I saw that the President also values that competence. I have faith in fhtagn's judgment and work ethic, and I am proud to have the opportunity to serve in her administration. I would like to thank everyone who has already endorsed our ticket in its bid for a full term in office.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »

That moment when you realize the Federalists do have a purpose and have been steadily advancing that purpose and that Fhtagn has been a part of that. And that said purpose, while not extreme Right RL Freedom Caucus stuff, is rather conservative and dare I say, "federalist". Tongue

Indeed, this is what I have been talking about when I said that most people make the mistake of thinking of ideologies as little more than a disjointed series of views. The conservatism that the Federalist Party advances is not just whatever happens to be in the Republican Party's platform, but rather the result of an ideology that sees respect of process and institutional stability as a fundamental prerequisite to the development of a just and peaceful society.

For people who define "conservative" as a set of boxes that must be checked and demand the like out of a conservative party, this vision will come as a surprise. However, it is this vision that I find far more compelling and articulate, and it is this vision that should form the basis of any conservative movement that hopes to long endure.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 02:41:44 PM »

Thank you, Madame President. I appreciate the words of praise, but it was your leadership and the support of our allies that drove the ticket to success; I did my part as Vice President, offering advice and keeping Congress running. Important stuff to be sure, but that alone doesn't win an election.

This election did not lack for interest, and while strong words have been exchanged among all camps, I have appreciated the presence of the other candidates in providing voters with important choices. Elections need to be interesting to get voters invested, and I believe this one was a success in that regard, even if the final outcome wasn't very close.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies