Oakvale/Potus for Atlasia: Concession & endorsement (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:27:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oakvale/Potus for Atlasia: Concession & endorsement (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oakvale/Potus for Atlasia: Concession & endorsement  (Read 3864 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« on: September 12, 2017, 06:14:27 PM »

It is inspiring to see a strong leader emerge, someone who sees problems and wants to address them and try to turnaround the decline of the game.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

We have had our share of inexperienced officeholders quickly pushed to the highest offices and we see where it has lead the country.

I'm not a fan of your use of adjective to describe people but you are being too kind here. You call someone treacherous for switching party and the party switch of your primary opponent was done in a situation much worse than for what you use treacherous. She turned her back in office on people who elected her, in a divided political situation, giving control to another side.

She was probably dishonest in the VP confirmation hearing. When directly asked about the rumour of the VP replacing the President she gave the impression she knew nothing. Good actress because I believed then than it was unfounded rumour but a week later it happened. I Imagine there was some real talk about this at the time. Difficult to trust someone like that.

I believe there are too many legilsative offices in Nyman. It hurts the regions because it empties the regional legislatures since there are not enough people interested in filling actively the offices.

The loophole interpretation for dual office holding started immediately with the new constitution under a Federalist President. The If it doesn't say explicitely I can't do something I can doctrine. The Federalists have liked to cut corners following the law since the reboot.

It was under a Federalist president and House majority (don't remember about the Senate) that the death penalty was made illegal. The Federalists could have let the regions decide on this issue or allow it for certain crimes but they did not.

When I see a Federalist thread with For the constitution For the regions, I find it ironic since they have cut corners with the constitution and let the regions weaken.

Do I have to join the Federalists to support you and change for Atlasia?   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 03:52:43 PM »

I am endorsing this ticket for the primary, When I read your first post I was excited to see someone with proposals to make Atlasia great and not just continue as if everything is perfect. I've seen and heard citizens lose interest over the past months. Maybe your proposals would not all be approved but at least you are a reformist with plans to improve the situation.

Nyman is bloated. Regions suffer from it. Regions are not in superb shape contrary to the spin. Just look at Lincoln. We are down to three regions and Lincoln is down to three persons in the regional assembly, there is not a lot of legislation and the speaker is wishing for more participation. Regions should have more relevance.

The game is more fun when there is a diversity of opinion. I believe you would differentiate from labor instead of making the two parties indistinguishable.

The country needs someone who recognizes there are problems and is ready to tackle them. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies