Do you think the Democrats will win the House in 2018? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:22:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Do you think the Democrats will win the House in 2018? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think the Democrats will win the House in 2018?
Yes

No

Not sure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Do you think the Democrats will win the House in 2018?  (Read 2782 times)
PoliticalShelter
« on: September 12, 2017, 01:26:21 PM »

If the Republicans have a decreased majority (around 220-225 seats), how does the change the House?  Will it make it more bipartisan because of the need to get votes from both parties to pass anything?

Does anyone think its likely for a near split (218-217) to occur?  Has that ever happened before?
I thinks in that scenario you would probably see the freedom caucus force out of Ryan as speaker for his perceived failures. In that case one big possibility is that I can see whatever remaining moderate republicans in the house making a deal with the democrats to govern in a coalition.

I believe this is how the Texas house of representatives is run and it would not surprise me if this is what we will end up with this at some point in the future.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies