Do you think the Democrats will win the House in 2018? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Do you think the Democrats will win the House in 2018? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think the Democrats will win the House in 2018?
Yes

No

Not sure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Do you think the Democrats will win the House in 2018?  (Read 2786 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: September 13, 2017, 01:22:08 PM »

Yes. My general suspicion is that most seats at R+4 or less will, excepting seats with strong incumbents and seats with strong pro-Trump trends, fall under current presidential approval/generic ballot conditions; you can add a couple that are more Republican but have very white liberal enclaves (the specific seats I'm thinking of are those of Rodney Davis, Tom Reed, and Tom Garrett, all of whom under current conditions I might even consider disfavored). Should add up to around 30 seats flipping or so, controlling for some local factors like the California GOP being especially screwed by D-v.-D races upballot while Pennsylvania GOP representatives tend to be very entrenched even in unfavorable seats.

Voted "I don't know."

It's within reach. I'd say out of the 23 Clinton/R seats, there are 14 or so that should be easy-ish pickups for Democrats. Not guaranteed, but they could easily fall. After that we need 10 more. Out of all the vaguely Lean R seats, from ME-02 to IL-06 to KY-06 to MI-11 to KS-02 to WA-03, I'd say at least 10 of them flipping is not that unlikely.

But Democrats can easily mess things up, so who knows.

Except MI-11, which was probably a Top Ten (and definitely Top Fifteen) pickup opportunity even before Trott's retirement, I would say all of those seats flip after Democrats have already taken the House, especially KY-6 and WA-3 which are both probably past seat 40.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies